Will we see microwave propulsion in KSP?

Scottiths

So if you subscribe to space.com (I expect a lot of you do) then you know that NASA recently tested an engine that basically creates thrust without using any fuel at all. Is this something you would like to see in KSP, or would this just make the game too easy and never mind that its real :P

Here is a link to one of the stories about the so called impossible engine.

http://m.csmonitor.com/Science/2014/0804/NASA-test-demonstrates-impossible-propulsion-system-video

Ion drives offer much more thrust. For the distances within the Kerbal system there's really no need for a thruster that delivers less power but uses no propellant (IF and that's a big if such microwave devices do indeed work. NASA didn't say it worked; it said "we had a force we couldn't explain but so did the device that wasn't supposed to work")

Such a propulsion system if it exists (IF! IF! IF!) would be great for exploring other star systems as it could run for years (and thus propel vehicles to great speed). KSP doesn't have other stars to visit (how awesome would THAT be) so... it would be without a lot of use.

It's not so much NASA saying "We have this cool new thing" as "Hmm, this is weird. Can anyone help us figure out what we're missing here?". A friend of mine pointed out that the thrust claimed is along the lines of what you get from one end being slightly warmer than the other.

So...i'm the first party puper here i see ;)

Guys...slow down with the horses...

- results don't match (much less thrust by Nasa compared to others)

- the control...did not control (both created thrust...), meaning the experiment...went wrong somehow.

So...lets see what WENT WRONG in the experiment before braking the laws of physics...

Edited by TNM

So...i'm the first party puper here i see ;)

Guys...slow down with the horses...

- results don't match (much less thrust by Nasa compared to others)

- the control...did not control (both created thrust...), meaning the experiment...went wrong somehow.

So...lets see what WENT WRONG in the experiment before braking the laws of physics...

That's quite a sensible statement... hardly the Kerbal way. :)