[1.02] (.50)ExtraPlanetary LaunchPads Extended-Part Pack (and extras!)

NOTE: New Name, new function. As of 1.0 and the latest Update of EPL, a stock resource adaptation has been added by Taniwha. With that change the need for this mod has passed! :) All parts have been updated to use EPL's new MetalOre resource.

ExtraPlanetary Launchpads_Extended Part Pack requires:

Formerly a Adpation for EPL to run on the Regolith System. With the addition of Resources with 1.0 and Taniwha adding a stock system to ExtraPlanetary Launchpads, this pack is now a part pack with new parts to work with EPL.

New Part added by Request:

• Re-textured Workspace Module (Used with Permission from Roverdude)
  • Rocket Building Workshop: Contains a Small Electric Smelter (conversion = to what the Tiny smelter in EPL does) and a 3D printer to make Rocket parts.

• Re-Textured Smelter models, courtesy of Mossman. Great looking models. 3 version, Humongous, regular, and tiny. CFG's have been updated to work with Karbonite. (these are added to both versions of the download)
  • Orbital Rocket Workshop/SpaceDock to build rocketparts, and build new spaceships to launch in orbit.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

DOWNLOAD HERE

Optional Extras!

MetalOre to StockOre Conversion (converts all EPL and extended parts to use stock Ore instead of MetalOre)

Alternate Orbital Workshop Part (doesnt include spacedock, so you'll need to attach the default one or your own, I love the KASA Orbital Spacedock!)

Inflatable RocketPart Storage (requires Karbonite to work properly)

Please feel free to post here with any requests or issues.

Changelog:
.01: Updated conversion rates using EPL's resource weights for more realistic amounts.
.02: Added Mineral, substrate and Water extraction to Karbonite drills (Note: only if you have MKS/OKS) Added Mineral, Substrate, and Water scanning to Karbonite Antenna(only with MKS/OKS)
.03: Added ScanSAT support to the Karbonite Antenna
.10: Optimized ScanSAT support (thanks for the info DMagic!) Added new part, retextured Workspace Module from MKS with permission from Roverdude.
.11: Changed Model for RocketWorkshop, older model had issue with hatch.
.11.1: Fixed an issue with the attachment nodes.
.12 : Removed ScanSat.cfg and replace with a module manager config to change scantype value to avoid overwriteing files.
.13 : Added compatible version for MKS/OKS v.20 Prerelease: Fixed EC cost of processing scrap. (previously didn't have any)
.13.1: Removed redundent config(only applies to the pre-release version.
.14: Added in adapted Smelter Parts by Mossmas, slightly retextured, and working with karbonite now.
.14.1 hotfix. Added scrapmetal storage to exWorkshop and Rocketbuilder (as they were missing it) only applies to the pre-release.
.15 Moved pre-release version to be current download, as Karbonite v.3 has launched.
.16 Added two new parts: Orbital Rocket Workshop/Dock, and Inflatable RocketPart Storage.
.16.1: Fixed OMD, animates properly now. added scansat into OMD now that its usable.
.16.2: Corrected attachment nodes on tinysmelter, fixed smelter conversion rate on medium smelter (was breaking spacetime apparently)
.16.5: Pricing Pass, corrected prices off all WombatConversion Parts
.16.6: Added ore mining support, Ore/metal/RocketParts Storage to .625 KarbonitePlus Parts.
.16.7: Fixed error with part config file (sorry bout that!!!) download this update if you have issues with the smelter prices.
.17: Updated EPL config file to support latest version of Karbonite (Thanks to Nori for providing the file!): Updated Workshop parts in the conversion parts to keep working when scrap metal is full (dumping excess)
.20: Updated to work with .90: Switch over to Regolith Framework for conversion of ore. Karbonite no longer required, Just EPL (But i still recommend it!)
.21 Updated download to the latest version of Regolith.
.22 Updated to match with the latest version of EPL!
.23 Updated Regolith to 1.2 and CRP to 3.2
.24 Removed Inflatable Rocket Storage from main pack as it no longer works without USITools.dll, updated part to work, and added to optional downloads, will work if player has Karbonite. (or simply the USItools.dll)
.25 Updated ScanSat Config so Ore is displayed properly on the big map! Sorry about missing this!
.27 got rid of some old hangover code -preregolith
.28 Updated to latest version of Regolith & CRP
.29 Updated Regolith... again... Dangit Roverdude, quit being so productive
.30 Updated to Regolith 1.5
.50 Removed Reglolith MM adaption (as its no longer needed) Updated all parts to use EPL modules for conversion.

MKS module models and textures are licenced Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0) and are the wonderful work of Roverdude (except were edited by me).

Smelter Models and Textures Courtasy of Mossman.

Orbital Dock Texture courtasy of skykooler and are licenced GPLv3

Edited by rabidninjawombat

Yay yay yay! Doughnuts for juu!!!!

I like Rasberry filled donuts :P

BTW, im adjusting some of the conversion ratios now, so im posting a new version shortly (the conversion rations in this one are off , everything works fine though) but ill have a new version posted in an hour or so.

Nice :)

One other thing to consider is to close the loop and make the drills a functional alternative in MKS to a harvester node (so you can have unmanned harvesting probes)

Basically add:

MODULE
{
name = ORSModuleResourceExtraction
powerConsumptionLand = 2.5
powerConsumptionOcean = 0.001
extractionRateLandPerTon = 1
extractionRateOceanPerTon = 0.1
resourceName = Water
unitName = Water Extractor
extractActionName = Extract Water
stopActionName = Stop Water Extraction
resourceManaged = False
resourceToUse = ElectricCharge
}

MODULE
{
resourceName = Substrate
unitName = Substrate Extractor
extractActionName = Extract Substrate
stopActionName = Stop Substrate Extraction
resourceManaged = False
}
MODULE
{
resourceName = Minerals
unitName = Minerals Extractor
extractActionName = Extract Minerals
stopActionName = Stop Minerals Extraction
resourceManaged = False
}

To each of the drills.

Nice :)

One other thing to consider is to close the loop and make the drills a functional alternative in MKS to a harvester node (so you can have unmanned harvesting probes)

Basically add:

MODULE
{
resourceName = Water
unitName = Water Extractor
extractActionName = Extract Water
stopActionName = Stop Water Extraction
resourceManaged = False
}

MODULE
{
resourceName = Substrate
unitName = Substrate Extractor
extractActionName = Extract Substrate
stopActionName = Stop Substrate Extraction
resourceManaged = False
}
MODULE
{
resourceName = Minerals
unitName = Minerals Extractor
extractActionName = Extract Minerals
stopActionName = Stop Minerals Extraction
resourceManaged = False
}

To each of the drills.

I considered this already (actually have it like that for my personal use :P ). But seeing as how this is specifically targeted towards just adapting EPL to use Karbonite i was hesitant to add additional features, If a person does not use MKS/OKS for example those resources would be useless.

I considered this already (actually have it like that for my personal use :P ). But seeing as how this is specifically targeted towards just adapting EPL to use Karbonite i was hesitant to add additional features, If a person does not use MKS/OKS for example those resources would be useless.

Easy - MKS/OKS ships with KolonyTools.dll, so just adding a :NEEDS[KolonyTools] to the MM blocks for those edits will mean they only apply for people who have MKS/OKS installed.

Loving the work you're doing here.... really appreciate that you've saved me from having to script it all up myself! ;)

Does this conflict with Kethane? I need to figure out how many and which of my vessels use Kethane before I can uninstall it, and I don't want to lose my EL functionality, so can I install this at the same time?

Easy - MKS/OKS ships with KolonyTools.dll, so just adding a :NEEDS[KolonyTools] to the MM blocks for those edits will mean they only apply for people who have MKS/OKS installed.

Loving the work you're doing here.... really appreciate that you've saved me from having to script it all up myself! ;)

Good Point Crater,

While i was add it , added the Scan Substrate, Aquifer, and Minerals function to the Karbonite Antenna, (as its alot sexier then the stock dish antennas) I believe Roverdudes actually planning on stealing that for MKS later on anyway. :P

Download updated with the changes.

EDIT: post to avoid Double posting

Does this conflict with Kethane? I need to figure out how many and which of my vessels use Kethane before I can uninstall it, and I don't want to lose my EL functionality, so can I install this at the same time?

No it should not conflict with kethane, it doesnt remove any of kethanes functionality from EPL, just adds Karbonites. So you should be fine, And Karbonite itself doesnt conflict either so you can have both Karbonite and kethane running at once.

Though do keep in mind if you have this patch running as well while you still have kethane, you'll have two sets of Conversion buttons on the right click menus :P

Edited by rabidninjawombat

You should probably add:

@PART[KA_DetectionArray_01]:NEEDS[OpenResourceSystem,SCANsat]
{
MODULE
{
name = SCANsat
sensorType = 114816
fov = 4
min_alt = 5000
max_alt = 750000
best_alt = 100000
power = 0.5
scanName = Resource Scan
animationName = Multi_Antenna
}
}

To bring it in line with the stock config (the Karbonite scansat integration is on the part already, this just adds the ORS and other MKS resources).

Edited by elfindreams

No it should not conflict with kethane, it doesnt remove any of kethanes functionality from EPL, just adds Karbonites. So you should be fine, And Karbonite itself doesnt conflict either so you can have both Karbonite and kethane running at once.

Though do keep in mind if you have this patch running as well while you still have kethane, you'll have two sets of Conversion buttons on the right click menus :P

Thanks!

By coincidence I put my Ore drill on a Kethane Ore spot as well as an ORS Ore hotspot, it seems I'm mining at a double rate now :)

I also noticed my Kethane scanners don't scan for Ore anymore, but I don't know since when, so it could easily be another mod update responsible. I don't really care anyway. :)

Is there a way to remove the Kethane parts from VAB but not from existing ships?

Thanks again.

Is there a way to remove the Kethane parts from VAB but not from existing ships?

To hide a part in the VAB while keeping it in-game, you set the "category" line in its config to a value that doesn't match any of the VAB categories. Fortunately, all of the Kethane parts' names are prefixed with "kethane_", so the ModuleManager code is pretty easy:

@PART[kethane_*]
{
@category = Hidden
}

To hide a part in the VAB while keeping it in-game, you set the "category" line in its config to a value that doesn't match any of the VAB categories. Fortunately, all of the Kethane parts' names are prefixed with "kethane_", so the ModuleManager code is pretty easy:

@PART[kethane_*]
{
@category = Hidden
}

Beat me to it Thanks undercoveryankee!

And im glad everything's working well for you BoriBori,

It is a pain when you have a game you are well into and go to change mods, but cant get rid of a mod due to all the older ships you have the parts on :P

Also added in SCANsat to the Karbonite antenna per elfindreams request.

Today's update of Karbonite seems to have changed things quite a bit and broken compatibility with this patch.

I'm getting too many and broken buttons in the Karbonite Detection Array context menu when this .cfg is present.

Edited by altyr
Experiments

hmmm i havent started KSP today yet but if thats true ill wait till its fixed. EPL is essential to my colonization plans

It might just be my setup, you'd have to try it out yourself to see how it goes.

In any case we'll have to wait until someone confirms it works or how to get it to work.

Today's update of Karbonite seems to have changed things quite a bit and broken compatibility with this patch.

I'm getting too many and broken buttons in the Karbonite Detection Array context menu when this .cfg is present.

Edit: Experiencing crashes as well

Hrm, Everything seems to be fine so far as i can tell, Running on a test install with just the latest version Karbonite and EPL(and dependencies), conversion, extraction and scanning all seem to be working ok.

Looking over the latest karbonite patch i didnt see any major changes that would have effected this config in particular. If ya can upload a crash log or show me a screenshot of what you are seeing on the right click menu of the Detection array maybe i can help.

If you upgraded from a previous version of karbonite what id recommend doing is deleting the karbonite folder and re-installing fresh.

Roverdude moved the ORS definitions for Karbonite to the Community Resource folder, and if you didn't delete the old definitions this will cause lockups and crashes. Hopefully this helps.

Hrm, Everything seems to be fine so far as i can tell, Running on a test install with just the latest version Karbonite and EPL(and dependencies), conversion, extraction and scanning all seem to be working ok.

Looking over the latest karbonite patch i didnt see any major changes that would have effected this config in particular. If ya can upload a crash log or show me a screenshot of what you are seeing on the right click menu of the Detection array maybe i can help.

If you upgraded from a previous version of karbonite what id recommend doing is deleting the karbonite folder and re-installing fresh.

Roverdude moved the ORS definitions for Karbonite to the Community Resource folder, and if you didn't delete the old definitions this will cause lockups and crashes. Hopefully this helps.

Thanks for the advice.

After shuffling my mods, cleanly reinstalling and triple checks of everything I'm getting the impression that this is just another case of KSP being wonky :sealed:

I'll report if I'm able to pinpoint anything to this config.

For the sake of completeness, this is what it looked like: imgur (Ignore the texture errors. That was TextureReplacer not playing nicely with Karbonite)

rabidninjawombat: I've linked this thread from the EL thread (should stop people harassing me about Karbonite ;)). It might be a good idea for you to put in links to both EL and Karbonite for those who find your thread first.

You should probably add:

Are you saying you want a single scanner that can be used for karbonite, ore, substrate, minerals and aquifer?

You should use a single SCANsat module (overwrite the karbonite version) with "sensorType = 376960", you should also get rid of the animation name.

Issues Currently Being Worked on: Working on coming up with code to replace the OMD's animation module, (as well as Bahamuto's drills) they are both depended on Kethane for their animations.

Why not ask BahamutD to use his own animation module on the drills instead of Kethane ? See: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/71247