[1.02] (.50)ExtraPlanetary LaunchPads Extended-Part Pack (and extras!)

Sadly when I use EL with Karbonite this error floods my log after I go to the launchpad and makes the game unplayable

KSP 0.24.2

Karbonite: 0.3.4

EL: 4.2.3

Adaption: 0.16.5

[EXC 07:08:07.447] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Part.GetConnectedResources'.
[EXC 07:08:07.482] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Part.GetConnectedResources'.
[LOG 07:08:07.514] [ORS] Loading Planetary Resource Data. Length: 129
[LOG 07:08:07.515] [ORS] Loading Planetary Resource Data for Kerbin
[LOG 07:08:07.708] [ORS] 29 high value Uranium locations detected
[LOG 07:08:07.710] [ORS] Loading Planetary Resource Data for Kerbin
[LOG 07:08:07.904] [ORS] 350 high value Karbonite locations detected
[LOG 07:08:07.905] [ORS] Loading Planetary Resource Data for Kerbin
[LOG 07:08:08.100] [ORS] 6682 high value Substrate locations detected
[LOG 07:08:08.101] [ORS] Loading Planetary Resource Data for Kerbin
[LOG 07:08:08.298] [ORS] 2594 high value Ore locations detected
[LOG 07:08:08.299] [ORS] Loading Planetary Resource Data for Kerbin
[LOG 07:08:08.482] [ORS] 3366 high value Aquifer locations detected
[LOG 07:08:08.483] [ORS] Loading Planetary Resource Data for Kerbin
[LOG 07:08:08.667] [ORS] 4777 high value Minerals locations detected
[LOG 07:08:08.669] [ORS] Loading Planetary Resource Data for Kerbin
[EXC 07:08:08.671] ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

Sadly when I use EL with Karbonite this error floods my log after I go to the launchpad and makes the game unplayable

KSP 0.24.2

Karbonite: 0.3.4

EL: 4.2.3

Adaption: 0.16.5

[EXC 07:08:07.447] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Part.GetConnectedResources'.
[EXC 07:08:07.482] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Part.GetConnectedResources'.
[LOG 07:08:07.514] [ORS] Loading Planetary Resource Data. Length: 129
[LOG 07:08:07.515] [ORS] Loading Planetary Resource Data for Kerbin
[LOG 07:08:07.708] [ORS] 29 high value Uranium locations detected
[LOG 07:08:07.710] [ORS] Loading Planetary Resource Data for Kerbin
[LOG 07:08:07.904] [ORS] 350 high value Karbonite locations detected
[LOG 07:08:07.905] [ORS] Loading Planetary Resource Data for Kerbin
[LOG 07:08:08.100] [ORS] 6682 high value Substrate locations detected
[LOG 07:08:08.101] [ORS] Loading Planetary Resource Data for Kerbin
[LOG 07:08:08.298] [ORS] 2594 high value Ore locations detected
[LOG 07:08:08.299] [ORS] Loading Planetary Resource Data for Kerbin
[LOG 07:08:08.482] [ORS] 3366 high value Aquifer locations detected
[LOG 07:08:08.483] [ORS] Loading Planetary Resource Data for Kerbin
[LOG 07:08:08.667] [ORS] 4777 high value Minerals locations detected
[LOG 07:08:08.669] [ORS] Loading Planetary Resource Data for Kerbin
[EXC 07:08:08.671] ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

this is an ORS error, happens when you have a duplicate resource defintion in your GameData Folder.

Couple Questions: Did you recently update your Karbonite installation? And are you using Interstellar?

If you recently updated from an a pre-3.0 version of Karbonite, the resource defitions moved to the CommunityRecoursePack Folder, and if you didnt delete the USI folder when installing that will cause that error. Try a full reinstall of Karbonite( with deleting the UmbraSpaceIndustries folder) and see if that helps first.

Delete the OpenResourceSystem folder as well (if your not using Intersteller) Karbonite will re install this as well when you re install it.

Edited by rabidninjawombat

this is an ORS error, happens when you have a duplicate resource defintion in your GameData Folder.

Couple Questions: Did you recently update your Karbonite installation? And are you using Interstellar?

If you recently updated from an a pre-3.0 version of Karbonite, the resource defitions moved to the CommunityRecoursePack Folder, and if you didnt delete the USI folder when installing that will cause that error. Try a full reinstall of Karbonite( with deleting the UmbraSpaceIndustries folder) and see if that helps first.

Delete the OpenResourceSystem folder as well (if your not using Intersteller) Karbonite will re install this as well when you re install it.

I am using Interstellar. And I had just done a full clean install of all of RoverDude's a few days ago. Should I try another reinstall?

I am using Interstellar. And I had just done a full clean install of all of RoverDude's a few days ago. Should I try another reinstall?

Then it might be the version of interstellar that you are using. Are either WaveFunctionP's .12 Experimental Version? Or KSPILite? Both of those should work fine with MKS/Karbonite.

If you are using the .11 version from FracktalUK that would be an issue.

If you want, you should always post a screeny of your gamedata folder, maybe i can see something thats conflicting in there.

Then it might be the version of interstellar that you are using. Are either WaveFunctionP's .12 Experimental Version? Or KSPILite? Both of those should work fine with MKS/Karbonite.

If you are using the .11 version from FracktalUK that would be an issue.

I am using the one from FracktalUK's thread. i will uninstall and go search for the Experimental version. Thank you for all your help :)

I am using the one from FracktalUK's thread. i will uninstall and go search for the Experimental version. Thank you for all your help :)

Yup if thats the case, then delete the WarpPlugin, and OpenREsourceSystem and Treeloader folder and then install either the one that Forsaken just linked, or The KSPI .12 Experimental version. There a few differences, but i like the new Lite version.

Both can be found here

https://github.com/WaveFunctionP/KSPInterstellar/releases

Yup if thats the case, then delete the WarpPlugin, and OpenREsourceSystem and Treeloader folder and then install either the one that Forsaken just linked, or The KSPI .12 Experimental version. There a few differences, but i like the new Lite version.

Both can be found here

https://github.com/WaveFunctionP/KSPInterstellar/releases

Totally fixed! Thank you a great deal. I wonder if it also fixed my that issue when I activate the Karbonite drill. Was getting the same error.

Small update:

Added Ore mining support to the new .625 meter Mini drill (part of the KarbonitePlus pack)

Also added support for the Karry Kan, and Double Karry Kan (also part of the KarbonitePlus pack) to carry Ore, Metal, and RocketParts.

DrJzeNj.png

Karbonite Plus is a new Addon to Karbonite that adds new smaller .625 meter parts, and a new resource! Check it out here

Currently working on using these parts and others to make some VonNeumann probes using EPL :D will share more once they are farther along.

Would it be possible to get an alternative version of the OKS workshop without the integrated station cap and EPL spacedock? I'm trying to move completely away from EPL's Ugly Blue Oblong Terror (UBOT), but since it holds 10 kerbals and yours only holds 6, I will want to stack at least two of them together. I need a reason to cart 10-20 kerbals around at a time.

I was going to just make a MM config to remove the extra model nodes and add the upper stack node, but I'm not sure where to place it.

Even if I could just get appropriate coordinates for an upper stack node I could make my own adaptation.

Would it be possible to get an alternative version of the OKS workshop without the integrated station cap and EPL spacedock? I'm trying to move completely away from EPL's Ugly Blue Oblong Terror (UBOT), but since it holds 10 kerbals and yours only holds 6, I will want to stack at least two of them together. I need a reason to cart 10-20 kerbals around at a time.

I was going to just make a MM config to remove the extra model nodes and add the upper stack node, but I'm not sure where to place it.

Even if I could just get appropriate coordinates for an upper stack node I could make my own adaptation.

Sure, thats easy to do, give me a few minutes and ill upload one for you.

Speaking of ugly blue terrors is it possible to substitute something else for the orbital pad? or do launch pads have to be set up a certain way in unity?

Speaking of ugly blue terrors is it possible to substitute something else for the orbital pad? or do launch pads have to be set up a certain way in unity?

Nope its real easy basicly you just need to add this module :

MODULE
{
name = ExLaunchPad
SpawnTransform = LaunchPos
}

I recommend grabbing the Spacedocks from the NASA IXS mod :D its super awesome! it can be attached to your station and its integrated with EPL too.

Here-> http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92816-NASA-IXS-Class-Warpship-and-Spacedocks-For-KSP-I-and-Stock-KSP

spacedock_overviewimage_zpsa0a1dc88.jpg

Sure, thats easy to do, give me a few minutes and ill upload one for you.

Here ya go

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19908938/AltOrbitalWorkshop.zip

just drop it in your game data folder

Its a new part (has a new name from the Original Workshop) so you can have both in your game if you want, or just delete the other one if you prefer. You'll also need to attach the spacedock to it for it to produce your ships now.

dIFERHi.png

Nope its real easy basicly you just need to add this module :

MODULE
{
name = ExLaunchPad
SpawnTransform = LaunchPos
}

I recommend grabbing the Spacedocks from the NASA IXS mod :D its super awesome! it can be attached to your station and its integrated with EPL too.

Here-> http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92816-NASA-IXS-Class-Warpship-and-Spacedocks-For-KSP-I-and-Stock-KSP

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc306/exendar/spacedock_overviewimage_zpsa0a1dc88.jpg

spiffy, but how do you define where the spawntransform/launchpos actually is? also wouldn't the launch pad explode if I accidentally picked a ship that was wider than the walls of the ISX dock?

spiffy, but how do you define where the spawntransform/launchpos actually is? also wouldn't the launch pad explode if I accidentally picked a ship that was wider than the walls of the ISX dock?

I would assume they would explode if it was bigger :P Haven't tested that, though the largest of the 3 sizes of those spacedock is pretty dang large.

In regards to the launch position. What you define is the Launch position, in this case its being set to the specfic transform of that model (not too well versed on this, not into modeling :( )

I do know this doesnt work too well with some parts , like the DockingPort Sr. Set that as a launchpad using the LaunchPad module and the ship spawns inside of the Dockingport (you can guess what that causes)

You can fix this by setting in the ExLaunchPad Module:

[COLOR=#333333]SpawnHeightOffset = 0.5 //or your desired number here
[/COLOR]

Here ya go

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19908938/AltOrbitalWorkshop.zip

just drop it in your game data folder

Its a new part (has a new name from the Original Workshop) so you can have both in your game if you want, or just delete the other one if you prefer. You'll also need to attach the spacedock to it for it to produce your ships now.

Fantastic, love the fast reply. I plan on bootstrapping up to those wonderful KASA docks, but I'll still need the default spacedock to build them.

Why construct a station in orbit when the station can construct itself?

Now I can provide an adequate workforce for building things that fit in that massive dock. Starting to wish b9 had crew tanks in HL and S2 widebody sizes....

The latest upload has an outdated part.cfg for smelter2. (28.08. instead of the 01.09. file) // all other files are OK

It sets all costs back to 1300 (should be 59344, 118688, 187376) and also tangles with a few maxAmount nodes...

Until OP updated, grab the old (but newer) part.cfg and replace in GameData/WombatConversions/Parts/smelter2/

And can we please get a versionNumber into the download? so its called Karbonite-EPL-Converstion_0.16.7.zip or similar next time?

Will allow you to keep the older versions - and us to not have "Karbonite-EPL-Converstion (14).zip" in the downloads folder :P

Speaking of, the readme file in the zip currently says ".15" - the previous download contained a "ReadME v 16-5.txt" so something clearly tangled up :P

Thank you

Edited by Tabakhase

The latest upload has an outdated part.cfg for smelter2. (28.08. instead of the 01.09. file) // all other files are OK

It sets all costs back to 1300 (should be 59344, 118688, 187376) and also tangles with a few maxAmount nodes...

Until OP updated, grab the old (but newer) part.cfg and replace in GameData/WombatConversions/Parts/smelter2/

And can we please get a versionNumber into the download? so its called Karbonite-EPL-Converstion_0.16.7.zip or similar next time?

Will allow you to keep the older versions - and us to not have "Karbonite-EPL-Converstion (14).zip" in the downloads folder :P

Speaking of, the readme file in the zip currently says ".15" - the previous download contained a "ReadME v 16-5.txt" so something clearly tangled up :P

Thank you

Ouch! Sorry about that.. Clerical error on my part. When i added support for the Karbonite Plus drills, i reverted to a older part file for that part it would seem. Fixed the issue and updated the main download.

Also added the version number to the download (meant to do that last update :P)

Hey there -

Thanks a bunch for this mod! I'm using it in my livestreamed career on KSP-TV and my own channel. Just got my first mining base finally set up!

I did want to report a gigantic bug. If I put 6 kerbals in the orbital workshop, the next time the craft is loaded only 2 of them will be remaining. They get flagged "MIA" and then eventually "Dead". This also happens when recovering the vessel on the surface of Kerbin. I haven't tested yet to see if this is caused by a combination of mods I am running - let me know if it doesn't happen for you and I'll see if I can narrow it down.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Build a vessel that is an orbital workshop, a fuel tank, and an engine.

2. Launch the vessel with 6 kerbals inside.

3. Lift it a few inches off of the launchpad and then set it back down.

4. "Recover Vessel"

5. Notice that four Kerbals are now marked Missing In Action in the barracks. If in career mode, the summary screen will also show that only 2 kerbals made it back.

Hey there -

Thanks a bunch for this mod! I'm using it in my livestreamed career on KSP-TV and my own channel. Just got my first mining base finally set up!

I did want to report a gigantic bug. If I put 6 kerbals in the orbital workshop, the next time the craft is loaded only 2 of them will be remaining. They get flagged "MIA" and then eventually "Dead". This also happens when recovering the vessel on the surface of Kerbin. I haven't tested yet to see if this is caused by a combination of mods I am running - let me know if it doesn't happen for you and I'll see if I can narrow it down.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Build a vessel that is an orbital workshop, a fuel tank, and an engine.

2. Launch the vessel with 6 kerbals inside.

3. Lift it a few inches off of the launchpad and then set it back down.

4. "Recover Vessel"

5. Notice that four Kerbals are now marked Missing In Action in the barracks. If in career mode, the summary screen will also show that only 2 kerbals made it back.

Just got done installing EPL and the conversion, While i can reproduce the MIA problem, I couldn't do so reliably... It generally happened after a scene change to KSC and back. sometimes after I returned the vessel from orbit, sometimes after I just hopped it from the launch pad to the grass.

KSPi Lite 12.3

MKS/OKS 0.20.9

EPL 4.2.3

Karbonite EPL Conversion 16-7

TAC-LS 10.0.12

KAS 0.4.8

Edit: I noticed that the OKS module can and does tend to fall through the runway, but this doesn't seem to be limited to your part alone, as the USI modules do the same thing, so i edited out that bit.

As far as the MIA issue, I am trying to get it to generate something in the Logfile for me to help debug the issue...

Edited by Tebryn

I have issues with the Ore/Mineral drills, rightclicking them only gives me the ability to deploy and then retract, but no extracting button. Also SCANsat doesn't work for me at all, can use anything function by rightclicking scanners, and nothing shows up in the toolbar either, could that be a general conflict with ORS? Anyone got a lead?