[1.02] (.50)ExtraPlanetary LaunchPads Extended-Part Pack (and extras!)

The only rub...

ORSX has been deprecated now that Regolith is done (Yay no more PNG maps sucking up RAM!). So the OP (or someone industrious) will need to update this.

(edit)

So I expect an alternative will (eventually) be to install MKS and just get rid of the bits you're not interested in (same way I get rid of a lot of EL bits)

Thanks for posting this Nori =)

Been away from the country for a few months,and out of touch with most things.

With your permission, id be happy to integrate the file you updated into the front page download. Finally got home, and .25 installed and its full of awesomeness!

Not sure how the conversion will fair once roverdude updates karbonite for .90 and regolith(havent had a chance to read up on it yet) But ill keep my eyes out.

(workshops also updated to not freeze up when scrap metal is full)

I'm a little late to the party and it doesn't seem like it is needed anymore. But you can/could of course include it.

I like your parts so hopefully you can update them to work with the new MKS/OKS and EPL versions. :)

Oh and welcome back. Hope you had a good time!

The only rub...

ORSX has been deprecated now that Regolith is done (Yay no more PNG maps sucking up RAM!). So the OP (or someone industrious) will need to update this.

(edit)

So I expect an alternative will (eventually) be to install MKS and just get rid of the bits you're not interested in (same way I get rid of a lot of EL bits)

Just downloaded all the updated USI bits, and looking into seeing what needs to be updated with the Regolith change =)

I didnt see a updated EPL version yet (unless i missed it)

The fix is simple.

1. Open up the MM patch config file

2. Wherever it reads "name = ORSModuleRailsExtraction", change it to "name = ORSX_ModuleResourceExtraction"

3. Enjoy your working drills and augers.

I also added the appropriate SCANsat sensor to the Karbonite scanner, because the Karbonite scanner already had the right hardware for it, it just needed a firmware update to tell it what to look for. That's my RP reason, anyways. Sending up another 20-odd mapping satellites didn't exactly seem like fun to me, and they all had Karbonite scanners already.

This was fixed in the last update though only if you are on .25. Update will come soon enough for .90! Hopefully!

Edited by rabidninjawombat

Update for .90

With .20, Karbonite is no longer required. (though still recommended!)

All WombatConversion's Parts have been updated to use Regolith, as well as Karbonite drills updated with new framework (to drill ore)

The adaptation uses Roverdude's awesome new Regolith Framework to accomplish all mining, smelting, and fabrication. All files needed (Regolith.dll and Community Resource pack) are included in the download.

FYI: EPL hasn't been updated yet, so any major changes may require changes to this adaptation.

EPL for .90 has been updated WOO!

Updated download for compatibility and latest version of Regolith and EPL

As a Reminder: As of .20, this no longer requires Karbonite to work, so you can run just plain stock with just EPL and this adaption if so desired (though i still highly recommend Karbonite)

As of .90 Roverdude also added the ability to his MKS mod to obtain Rocketparts via the supply chain (its a little more complicated then the traditional Ore-->Metel--> Rocketparts) So if you run EPL with MKS, you wont need this adaption anymore.

However you can still use it if you prefer the simple conversion chain.... If you use Karbonite alone, or nothing at all (without Kethane the Ore extraction/conversion doesnt work) You can use this adaption to make it work =)

Edit: For a future update, looking into Asteroid mining for Ore via Regolith. (i believe RoverDude's already working on this anyway :D )

what do i do with Regolith and CommunityResourcePack folders, if I've installed Karbonite mod? do i keep the ones that are here or there? or it doesn't matter?

Doesnt matter, they are the latest versions, Just included in the pack in case you wanna use EPL by itself, as they are required to make the resources harvesting work =)

rabidninjawombat, Regolith.dll & Regolith.version here and in Karbonite have different sizes

ResourceConfigs folder contains more .cfg files in Karbonite (+Hydrates.cfg)

so which should i install, so that both mods work fine? since clearly they have differences :confused:

Edited by gendalf

rabidninjawombat, Regolith.dll & Regolith.version here and in Karbonite have different sizes

ResourceConfigs folder contains more .cfg files in Karbonite (+Hydrates.cfg)

so which should i install, so that both mods work fine? since clearly they have differences :confused:

Sounds like you have the old version of regolith. Karbonite is still packaged with the 1.0 version of Regolith. But Roverdude released a 1.1 version of Regolith (with some minor bug fixes) This package has the 1.1 version of Regolith, and CRP, so your welcome to overwrite.

I just downloaded this mod, and I like it but I note that it does not have the RecycleBin part, which is what I was really after.

I want to recycle all that space junk that I paid good money to launch. My natural stinginess hates to throw away a few dozen tons of perfectly good booster which is in a perfectly workable orbit.

I downloaded the regular EPL mod to get the RecycleBin. Haven't tried it yet tho.

Found an error in the .cfg for the inflatable storage of rocket parts. I think the USI module for inlation has changed(it multiplies now instead of just looking for a number). Look here for an example .cfg for fix.

PART

{

name = OKS_Storage_RocketParts

module = Part

author = RoverDude

rescaleFactor = 1

scale = 1

node_stack_top = 0.0, 2.55, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0,2

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -2.55, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0,2

TechRequired = advConstruction

entryCost = 8000

cost = 4000

category = Utility

subcategory = 0

title = Inflatable Storage Module (ISM) - RocketParts

manufacturer = Umbra Space Industries

description = Essentially just a bunch of used inflatable toys stitched together, and sold at an exorbitant markup. Pump not included.

attachRules =1,0,1,1,0

mass = 1.25

dragModelType = default

maximum_drag = 0.25

minimum_drag = 0.25

angularDrag = .5

crashTolerance = 45

breakingForce = 280

breakingTorque = 280

maxTemp = 1700

CrewCapacity = 0

vesselType = Station

MODULE

{

name = ModuleCommand

minimumCrew = 0

RESOURCE

{

name=ElectricCharge

rate = 0.02777778

}

}

RESOURCE

{

name = RocketParts

amount = 0

maxAmount = 1

isTweakable = True

}

MODULE

{

name = USIAnimation

deployAnimationName = Inflate

inflatable = true

inflatedMultiplier = 20000

}

}

Edited by krillin678
Spelling

I just downloaded this mod, and I like it but I note that it does not have the RecycleBin part, which is what I was really after.

I want to recycle all that space junk that I paid good money to launch. My natural stinginess hates to throw away a few dozen tons of perfectly good booster which is in a perfectly workable orbit.

I downloaded the regular EPL mod to get the RecycleBin. Haven't tried it yet tho.

Redchrome, this wont work without EPL itself :D Its simply a Adaption to make EPL worth with Karbonite/Regolith( As EPL relies on Kethane to make alot of its parts work)

EDIT: @ krillin678 Thanks! I didnt noticed the change to inflation module, will updated that shortly.

Redchrome, this wont work without EPL itself :D Its simply a Adaption to make EPL worth with Karbonite/Regolith( As EPL relies on Kethane to make alot of its parts work)

EDIT: @ krillin678 Thanks! I didnt noticed the change to inflation module, will updated that shortly.

No problem, just trying to help out.

Heyo, excellent work so far, I'm confused how I can get planetary mining up? The resource frameworks are all over the place and I'm not sure where to start. So first I install EPL, then EPL->Regolith, then maybe ... Asteroid Recycling Tech (ART) for asteroid extraction? yeah? what else should I do for planetary resource mining? Karbonite? I haven't used the latest versions of it, so is Karbonite Regolith-friendly now? Or is it still just good old one-resource-for-all?

[Edit] nevermind, forgot EPL has augers and extractors already. lol

Edited by Xrave

Heyo, excellent work so far, I'm confused how I can get planetary mining up? The resource frameworks are all over the place and I'm not sure where to start. So first I install EPL, then EPL->Regolith, then maybe ... Asteroid Recycling Tech (ART) for asteroid extraction? yeah? what else should I do for planetary resource mining? Karbonite? I haven't used the latest versions of it, so is Karbonite Regolith-friendly now? Or is it still just good old one-resource-for-all?

[Edit] nevermind, forgot EPL has augers and extractors already. lol

Yup! You can use the EPL augers,

The config in the Adaptation also allow the Karbonite drills to mine ore (If you want more, prettier drill options :D)

Rabidninjawombat, what all can we ditch from EPL for ram savings? (Yea, won't be much but for some of us what ever little we can get rid of for a savings we will)

I normally ditch anything that isn't the survey stakes, recycle bin, orbital dock, or that workshop for the survey stake.

Rabidninjawombat, what all can we ditch from EPL for ram savings? (Yea, won't be much but for some of us what ever little we can get rid of for a savings we will)

I normally ditch anything that isn't the survey stakes, recycle bin, orbital dock, or that workshop for the survey stake.

If you using it with MKS you can ditch everything but the survey stakes, MKS uses its own parts and supply chain

(in fact provided you like the new MKS parts, and supply chain, you dont even need this adaption anymore) :P You can keep it though if you like the simple Ore->Metal->RocketParts chain.

Thanks @rabidninjawombat, I'm still sorting out how some of these modules work together (or don't work together).

@krillin678, I noticed that the inflatable rocket parts storage unit will only hold 1 (!) rocket part, even tho it appeared to be inflated. Also, it doesn't offer me a right-click menu option for inflating/deflating it. I figured that I was just missing some necessary module. Perhaps whatever offers "USIAnimation"?

I'm brand-new to looking at these config files, tho in principle I'm comfortable enough editing such things. I tried your fix by replacing

inflatedResources = RocketParts,20000

with:

inflatedMultiplier = 20000

and it does not appear to have changed the behavior of the part (still shows a part capacity of 1) even when I create a new one in the VAB.

- - - Updated - - -

@krillin678, I noticed that the inflatable rocket parts storage unit will only hold 1 (!) rocket part, even tho it appeared to be inflated. Also, it doesn't offer me a right-click menu option for inflating/deflating it. I figured that I was just missing some necessary module. Perhaps whatever offers "USIAnimation"?

<snip>

and it does not appear to have changed the behavior of the part (still shows a part capacity of 1) even when I create a new one in the VAB.

I broke down and installed MKS/OKS, and now the part is animated and can store its full capacity.

I would suggest removing the inflatable rocket parts storage module from this package, or at least putting in a big warning that it won't work without MKS/OKS. (I would suggest the latter, but that's because of my bias to minimize dependencies).

Thanks @rabidninjawombat, I'm still sorting out how some of these modules work together (or don't work together).

I'm brand-new to looking at these config files, tho in principle I'm comfortable enough editing such things. I tried your fix by replacing

with:

- - - Updated - - -

I broke down and installed MKS/OKS, and now the part is animated and can store its full capacity.

I would suggest removing the inflatable rocket parts storage module from this package, or at least putting in a big warning that it won't work without MKS/OKS. (I would suggest the latter, but that's because of my bias to minimize dependencies).

I'm moving it to an optional part download :) Previous to the Regolith update, this Pack was dependent on Karbonite to work, and since Karbonite came with the USItools module, it allowed the inflatable to work.

With the move over to Regolith, this is freed of the Karbonite dependency (but i kept the support in the Karbonite drills) and the inflatable will work if you have just karbonite installed =)

I could redistribute the USItools dll with the download, but id hate to do that just for one animation :P So, updating the main download to seperate out the part into an option download(if you have MKS or Karbonite)

Thanks for the feedback!

EDIT: Done, Main post updated, Fixed the part itself, so it works with the new inflation code: And seperated the Inflatable RocketParts storage into a Optional Download. It will now work properly if you have Karbonite (or even if you simpley have the USITools.dll)

ScanSat 9 hasn't been showing ore on the map. It's pickable, it just doesn't show ore numbers on the map or any color patches. Any clue what's going on? I haven't been keeping track of many mods since just before 0.90 released. Kethane is not installed so I'm running sorta blind. The orbital scanner is showing percentages, I'm just not getting a map of it.

ScanSat 9 hasn't been showing ore on the map. It's pickable, it just doesn't show ore numbers on the map or any color patches. Any clue what's going on? I haven't been keeping track of many mods since just before 0.90 released. Kethane is not installed so I'm running sorta blind. The orbital scanner is showing percentages, I'm just not getting a map of it.

Mind posting a screenshot for me?