[1.02] (.50)ExtraPlanetary LaunchPads Extended-Part Pack (and extras!)

Well, nearly :)

I did as you said and got this.

About to install...

* ExtraPlanetaryLaunchpads-RegolithAdaptation 26

Downloading "https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/494/ExtraPlanetary Launchpads(EPL)->Regolith Adaptation/download/26"

Oh no!

It looks like you're trying to install a mod which is already installed,
or which conflicts with another mod which is already installed.

As a safety feature, the CKAN will *never* overwrite or alter a file
that it did not install itself.

If you wish to install ExtraPlanetaryLaunchpads-RegolithAdaptation 26 via the CKAN,
then please manually uninstall the mod which owns:

GameData/WombatConversions/Parts/OrbitalWorkshop/MiscParts.png

and try again.

Your GameData has been returned to its original state.

Error!

and stupidly I didn't make a backup of that config, I just rushed wildly in.

Seeing how (I think) this is the only one of your mods I have installed, I just deleted the wombatconversions folder... (I backed that up first:) )

Works perfectly. Thanks wombat!

Edited by KerBlam

I'm having a small problem with my Orbital Rocket Workshop. It won't reprocess ScrapMetal. I click the button, it says 100% Load, but nothing happens.

I checked the part info in the VAB, and under ScrapMetal Conversion, the Input and Output lines have no numbers/resources listed. I checked the cfg files, and found something interesting:

MODULE
{
ConverterName = RocketParts Conversion
name = REGO_ModuleResourceConverter
StartActionName = Start Metal->RocketParts
StopActionName = Stop Metal->RocketParts
RecipeInputs = ElectricCharge,15,Metal,0.5
RecipeOutputs = RocketParts,4.75,False,ScrapMetal,1.9,True
}
MODULE
{
ConverterName = ScrapMetal Conversion
StartActionName = Start ScrapMetal->Metal
inputResources = ElectricCharge, 15, ScrapMetal, 0.1,True
outputResources = Metal,0.009,False

You can see differences between the ScrapMetal module and the RocketParts module (which works fine); inputResources instead of RecipeInputs for example, and some extra spaces.

Here's the same two modules in the Rocket Building Workshop part.cfg:

MODULE
{

}
MODULE
{
ConverterName = Reprocess Scrap Metal
StopActionName = Stop ScrapMetal->Metal
RecipeInputs = ElectricCharge,15,ScrapMetal,0.1,True
RecipeOutputs = Metal,0.009,False

I'm going to replace the module in question with the one from the other part.cfg. I'll let you know what happens.

I'm having a small problem with my Orbital Rocket Workshop. It won't reprocess ScrapMetal. I click the button, it says 100% Load, but nothing happens.

I checked the part info in the VAB, and under ScrapMetal Conversion, the Input and Output lines have no numbers/resources listed. I checked the cfg files, and found something interesting:

MODULE
{
}
MODULE
{
ConverterName = ScrapMetal Conversion
inputResources = ElectricCharge, 15, ScrapMetal, 0.1,True
outputResources = Metal,0.009,False

You can see differences between the ScrapMetal module and the RocketParts module (which works fine); inputResources instead of RecipeInputs for example, and some extra spaces.

Here's the same two modules in the Rocket Building Workshop part.cfg:

MODULE
{

}
MODULE
{
ConverterName = Reprocess Scrap Metal
StopActionName = Stop ScrapMetal->Metal
RecipeInputs = ElectricCharge,15,ScrapMetal,0.1,True
RecipeOutputs = Metal,0.009,False

I'm going to replace the module in question with the one from the other part.cfg. I'll let you know what happens.

*facepalm* i thought i caught that in the last update. But yes you are correct. Thats old hangover code from before the Regolith Update. Not sure how i did not catch that. That will fix your issue.

EDIT: Fixed the front page download, and updated Kerbal stuff.

Edited by rabidninjawombat

• 2 weeks later...

Question. I want to use thisplugin for extraplanetary launchpads, only problem is that there is a newer version of regolith while this has an older one (plus older community resource pack files), so, how the heck do I make the plugin work while not breaking karbonite which actually has newer stuff????

Question. I want to use thisplugin for extraplanetary launchpads, only problem is that there is a newer version of regolith while this has an older one (plus older community resource pack files), so, how the heck do I make the plugin work while not breaking karbonite which actually has newer stuff????

No worries, use the newer version of Regolith, and CRP which comes with Karbonite =) everything will still work fine. Regolith and CRP just updated today , so im just now sitting down to update this to the latest versions :P

EDIT: And finished, new version updated on dropbox and kerbal stuff ,

only change is updated to latest versions of Regolith and CRP

Double EDIT to Avoid Double posting: Updated one more time to Regolith 1.4 (as Roverdude has pumped out a couple iterations in the last 2 days :P)

Edited by rabidninjawombat

OK, now to soud like a complete n00b, So I install EPL, karbonite, etc, then download this then "move and replace" when it asks? Or do I retain the orignals, and just let it place a "copy" at the end of the file name?

Edited by Talavar

OK, now to soud like a complete n00b, So I install EPL, karbonite, etc, then download this then "move and replace" when it asks? Or do I retain the orignals, and just let it place a "copy" at the end of the file name?

Move and replace is fine. Its on the same version of Regolith/CRP that Karbonite is on, so thats the only thing you are overwriting. In all reality you dont need the REgolith /CRP folder if you are already using Karbonite (Just the WombatConversions Folder)

But its distributed with the mod for those who arnt using Karbonite, and just wanna use EPL.

Move and replace is fine. Its on the same version of Regolith/CRP that Karbonite is on, so thats the only thing you are overwriting. In all reality you dont need the REgolith /CRP folder if you are already using Karbonite (Just the WombatConversions Folder)

But its distributed with the mod for those who arnt using Karbonite, and just wanna use EPL.

K, thanks for the info :)

• 1 month later...

What are the basic economics involved? How does EPL calculate the quantity of RocketParts required for a build (and does it change depending on what mods are installed)? How many RocketParts are required for a vessel that has X mass and Y cost in the VAB/SPH?

Does anyone have a ballpark estimate of cost/unit for RocketParts from KSC -> orbit? I'm guessing a cost of around 16-20 funds/RocketPart, if you use StageRecovery to recover your boosters.

What are the basic economics involved? How does EPL calculate the quantity of RocketParts required for a build (and does it change depending on what mods are installed)? How many RocketParts are required for a vessel that has X mass and Y cost in the VAB/SPH?

Does anyone have a ballpark estimate of cost/unit for RocketParts from KSC -> orbit? I'm guessing a cost of around 16-20 funds/RocketPart, if you use StageRecovery to recover your boosters.

You'll actually probably wanna redirect the question the the main thread for EPL :)

I can tell you that in the VAB though the cost per rocketpart is 5 funds. (per CommunityResourcePack definition) This is of course plus transport to orbit + packaging (whatever container their in)

From personal experience, I only ship rocket parts to low kerbal orbit, for construction of large ships in orbit. Anywhere else I go the ISRU route and mine and construct said rocketparts on site.\

EDIT: Link for the main EPL thread if you want it.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59545-0-90-Extraplanetary-Launchpads-v5-1-2

One question then: this skips the process of MKS whole process of having to land a proper Fabrication Module to create Spare Parts? All we need is just to land a Rocket Workshop and it's ready to build? No need for those Electrical, Structural and Mechanical parts?

One question then: this skips the process of MKS whole process of having to land a proper Fabrication Module to create Spare Parts? All we need is just to land a Rocket Workshop and it's ready to build? No need for those Electrical, Structural and Mechanical parts?

That is correct. It uses the duplicates the original method that EPL uses with Kethane (I.E. Ore --->Metal---->RocketParts) Only it does so using Regolith instead of Kethane. So yup thats how it works.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi thanks for the work!i ve got some question,sorry but i don t speak very well english and don t know if i undertand correct...i have install MKS,EPL,the wombat folder and the last regolith and crp but in the MKS karbonite drill description don t list ore....in other MKS drill (the one by bahamuto) instead list Ore...it is well?

Hi thanks for the work!i ve got some question,sorry but i don t speak very well english and don t know if i undertand correct...i have install MKS,EPL,the wombat folder and the last regolith and crp but in the MKS karbonite drill description don t list ore....in other MKS drill (the one by bahamuto) instead list Ore...it is well?

If you using MKS, there are 2 drills that are included with MKS, One does Minerals/Water, the other does Ore/Substate/Uranite. the MEU-500

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to cross-post from the thread I made to here or not, but I need help. D:

I landed a drill on the surface on Minmus where there is definitely ore to mine, but for some reason the Karbonite drill, which is the drill I've used to mine ore loads of times before, isn't working for some reason.

OSB1LsN.png

I have the option to drill Karbonite, but not ore. I know it works because I've done it before in the past.

I made a thing out of all of the drill parts I have (other than the oceanic ones) and only the auger gives me the option to mine for ore.

qyWIPtC.png

Why did it suddenly stop working? D: Is there a way I can fix it?

• 3 weeks later...

FYI and good news to all EPL users!

With the latest release of EPL, Taniwha has added a stock resource conversion to EPL! Now you can use EPL in stock mode (without kethane)

With this change, the need for this mod is over :)

Ill still keep the thread open. And update the parts that came with it to support the new stock system (for anyone who is interested)

With the latest release of EPL, Taniwha has added a stock resource conversion to EPL! Now you can use EPL in stock mode (without kethane)

Ill still keep the thread open. And update the parts that came with it to support the new stock system (for anyone who is interested)

I volunteer as tri--er, I'm interested! :)

Waiting on the inflatable RocketParts container and the MKS workshop, in particular--hopefully the license allows you to use the model freely? (Well, the OKS standalone and + dock, too--though are there any per-given Kerbal differences in productivity between the 6-seat OKS and the standard EL blue pill 10-seater, which would make one part or the other more desirable?)

I'm glad to hear this I love the EPL mod but the parts that come with it don't look all that good. However the models that come with this mod look awesome and I look forward to seeing them compatible with the 1.0 version of EPL.

1.02 Update: (And name change! Since this is a partpack now)

-Updated all parts to use EPL's new converters. All parts now use and convert the new "MetalOre" resource

-Removed ModuleManager Regolith files, since they are obsolete now.

Future Plans:

-adding a module manager system for using the Stock "Ore" and/or the new "MetallicOre" resource for folks running this alongside MKS/OKS (having two diffrent types of "metal ore" irks my OCD) :P

- new Ore/RocketParts/Metal tanks (using firespitter , cause their are WAAAAY to many tank parts in the stock EPL)

--Added a optional config to convert all EPL and extended parts to use the Stock "Ore" instead of "MetalOre"

Download is on the front page below the big download link ;)

Seen alot of requests around the forums for it, so threw one together.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm here. I think you have a majority of the work done here already. Quite frankly I feel like if your willing to update the smelter model and add a reskinned stock drill this could benefit the pack. What are your thoughts?

EDIT: Are you using the EPL MetalOre orbital scanner, because that could be upgraded too frankly? Sorry, I'm not on my KSP partition to test it.

Edited by UAL002

I'm here. I think you have a majority of the work done here already. Quite frankly I feel like if your willing to update the smelter model and add a reskinned stock drill this could benefit the pack. What are your thoughts?

Ive got a bit on my plate at the moment. :P But a module manager file to make the Stock ISRU conveter smelt MetalOre--->Metal is really simple , i can put together for ya. Same for the Stock Drill (to let it harvest both Stock Ore and MetalOre :)

Also the GroundBased RocketWorkshop has a Smelter(module) built into it as well (Granted to compensate for the fact that the module is small the smelter is really slow and inefficient.)