[1.02] (.50)ExtraPlanetary LaunchPads Extended-Part Pack (and extras!)

Hrm, Everything seems to be fine so far as i can tell, Running on a test install with just the latest version Karbonite and EPL(and dependencies), conversion, extraction and scanning all seem to be working ok.

Looking over the latest karbonite patch i didnt see any major changes that would have effected this config in particular. If ya can upload a crash log or show me a screenshot of what you are seeing on the right click menu of the Detection array maybe i can help.

If you upgraded from a previous version of karbonite what id recommend doing is deleting the karbonite folder and re-installing fresh.

Roverdude moved the ORS definitions for Karbonite to the Community Resource folder, and if you didn't delete the old definitions this will cause lockups and crashes. Hopefully this helps.

I moved stuff ;)

Specifically, the ORS folder for Karbonite. This will cause sadness. MKS is in the same place. This is why you need a clean Karbonite install.

Forewarning: MKS will be moving too in it's next release. This will make it a lot easier for folks to use MKS/Karbonite resources without a weird USI folder there when they are not using my mods, or confusion about overwriting, etc. (i.e. CRP will be versioned separately and seen as a dependency).

I've added rocketpart conversion to some of the MKS/OKS modules, would you consider doing the same? The EPL models are horrifically ugly and almost impossible to move anywhere.

Not sure if that was for me or OP. If me, then I'd let someone in the community do it :) If OP, feel free to use MKS models, etc. - Just follow the CC rules. Alternatively, I'm not opposed to working with OP jointly on a Karb-MKS/OKS-EL 3-way love child of mods that would be a separate pack and take all three dependencies.

Are you saying you want a single scanner that can be used for karbonite, ore, substrate, minerals and aquifer?

You should use a single SCANsat module (overwrite the karbonite version) with "sensorType = 376960", you should also get rid of the animation name.

Great tip! Thank you so much for posting this! Will make my new sats much more efficient :)

Great tip! Thank you so much for posting this! Will make my new sats much more efficient :)

Is there a document or documentation on the sensorType stuff?

Side note - my intent with the next MKS release, since it is going to have Karbonite bundled, is to switch to the single scanner. That being said, what would happen if someone wanted to scan for something for which the ORS maps are not present (i.e. a scanner that included, say, Ore, but the user did not have MKS installed)?

Side note - my intent with the next MKS release, since it is going to have Karbonite bundled, is to switch to the single scanner. That being said, what would happen if someone wanted to scan for something for which the ORS maps are not present (i.e. a scanner that included, say, Ore, but the user did not have MKS installed)?

I was just wondering that myself.... turns out it is a bitmap, with one bit per sensor type, you can see all the definitions in the source code, over at https://github.com/S-C-A-N/SCANsat/blob/release/SCANsat/SCANdata.cs around line 38-65. Add up the ones you want on your sensor, and presto! that's your required sensorType value.

I was just wondering that myself.... turns out it is a bitmap, with one bit per sensor type, you can see all the definitions in the source code, over at https://github.com/S-C-A-N/SCANsat/blob/release/SCANsat/SCANdata.cs around line 38-65. Add up the ones you want on your sensor, and presto! that's your required sensorType value.

Good Info, Thanks! in the process of updating now.

Are you saying you want a single scanner that can be used for karbonite, ore, substrate, minerals and aquifer?

You should use a single SCANsat module (overwrite the karbonite version) with "sensorType = 376960", you should also get rid of the animation name.

Thanks :) Though Roverdude already has a ScanSAT config in the karbonite folder, im hesitant to overwrite anything x`

Why not ask BahamutD to use his own animation module on the drills instead of Kethane ? See: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/71247

I somehow missed that :) Did not know he had made that. I will indeed inquire about that, would save me the trouble.

I moved stuff ;)

Specifically, the ORS folder for Karbonite. This will cause sadness. MKS is in the same place. This is why you need a clean Karbonite install.

Forewarning: MKS will be moving too in it's next release. This will make it a lot easier for folks to use MKS/Karbonite resources without a weird USI folder there when they are not using my mods, or confusion about overwriting, etc. (i.e. CRP will be versioned separately and seen as a dependency).

The move for Karbonite to CRP didnt effect this. The MKS move will though, and ill update once youve released :)

Edited by rabidninjawombat

I've added rocketpart conversion to some of the MKS/OKS modules, would you consider doing the same? The EPL models are horrifically ugly and almost impossible to move anywhere.

New Part added by Request:

Re-textured Workspace Module (Used with Permission from Roverdude)

Rocket Building Workshop: Contains a Small Electric Smelter (conversion = to what the Tiny smelter in EPL does) and a 3D printer to make Rocket parts.

Note: This is part does not require MKS. It is included in download, If you do not want this part just delete the WombatConversion Folder, the Karbonite Conversion will still work fine without it.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Also optimized the ScanSAT implementation with the additional info provided by DMagic! Thanks!

Not as such, but if you understand bitmasks you can just go to the source: https://github.com/S-C-A-N/SCANsat/blob/dev/SCANsat/SCANdata.cs#L40-L61; it's just a matter of getting the 1s and 0s in the right place.

Nothing bad happens if you are scanning for a non-existent resource, the option to display that resource simply won't exist. It will continue filling in the coverage map for the unused resource type, so if you add the resource in it will already be scanned.

I notice that the planetaryresourcedefinitions shipping with the MKS/ORS dl differs from the one with this mod. Any advice on which one to use?

It should be the same exact one, if its not, ill update it.

But you can keep the MKS/OKS one and the adaption will still work just fine!

The definition is mostly there for folks who want to mine ore, but dont have MKS/OKS

EDIT: Double checked, Still is the exact same one =) thanks for watching out for it though

You should change the value of the RocketWorkshop to 28496, this would prevent the part having a negative cost when set to zero resources, the cost set in .cfg is the cost for the part when resources are full, with this value the price for a RocketWorkshop with no resources onboard would be 4000 which is what it seems like is intended.

New Part added by Request:

Re-textured Workspace Module (Used with Permission from Roverdude)

Rocket Building Workshop: Contains a Small Electric Smelter (conversion = to what the Tiny smelter in EPL does) and a 3D printer to make Rocket parts.

Note: This is part does not require MKS. It is included in download, If you do not want this part just delete the WombatConversion Folder, the Karbonite Conversion will still work fine without it.

http://imgur.com/a/rUJlT

Also optimized the ScanSAT implementation with the additional info provided by DMagic! Thanks!

So I got a little problem here: how do my Kerbals get into/out of the Rocket Building Workshop? Apparently it doesn't have a hatch :confused:

You should change the value of the RocketWorkshop to 28496, this would prevent the part having a negative cost when set to zero resources, the cost set in .cfg is the cost for the part when resources are full, with this value the price for a RocketWorkshop with no resources onboard would be 4000 which is what it seems like is intended.

Noted! Thanks, I didnt catch that one. Will update. When i edited the CFG, i didnt take into account the extra resource functions i added. :)

So I got a little problem here: how do my Kerbals get into/out of the Rocket Building Workshop? Apparently it doesn't have a hatch :confused:

Hrm.. apparently i didn't notice that before, but the Workspace module does indeed not have a hatch (although one is clearly on the side), Its a model from the MKS set, and i never noticed this.

Just uploaded a fix now, and switched the model over to the Stardard MKS module model You'll have to redownload, my apologizes. Hatch is indeed working correctly now.

Make sure you delete the old WombatConversions Folder.

Again, apologies for that, and if it causes you to have to rebuild a base.

Noted! Thanks, I didnt catch that one. Will update. When i edited the CFG, i didnt take into account the extra resource functions i added. :)

Hrm.. apparently i didn't notice that before, but the Workspace module does indeed not have a hatch (although one is clearly on the side), Its a model from the MKS set, and i never noticed this.

Just uploaded a fix now, and switched the model over to the Stardard MKS module model You'll have to redownload, my apologizes. Hatch is indeed working correctly now.

Make sure you delete the old WombatConversions Folder.

Again, apologies for that, and if it causes you to have to rebuild a base.

hmmm... I thought that one had a hatch on it too...

hmmm... I thought that one had a hatch on it too...

Apparently it doesn't :P When attempting to EVA kerbals from it, you get a "No hatch exists"

No worries :) already switched over to the generic MKS module , makes more sense anyway as it has more room for all the functions im assigning the part (if we are talking about realism :) )

http://i.imgur.com/Se3WN1T.jpg Is it supposed to work like that? the node being inside the workshop.

Yes >_> totally supposed to be that way <_<

Ok well nope.. i screwed up the nodeattach... Tested and fixed. (Hopefully for the last time)

Thanks for your patience with this noob here :) On the plus side, no better way to learn things fast then to have to fix things you screwed up. Also learning proper testing procuded.. (I.E. You have to test EVERYTHING, not just the parts functions, which all worked :P )

eALYeqs.png

It does, the only thing it changes is the Scan type from 262144 to 376960 What this does is allows the Karbonite antenna to scan all types, Ore, Minerals, Substrate, Water, and Karbonite.

This is useful if you have MKS/OKS, the Karbonite antenna looks alot better than the stock ones :P If you dont it doesnt do any harm, the Scan types for Minerals Substrate and Water will not show up if you only have Karbonite, only Ore, and Karbonite.

Though on that note, im gonna change the way i do that, and just change that field with a Module manager command instead of having you overwrite the file, same effect, different implementations.

(if it can be done, not totally sure if you can have another config modify what another config has done )

Please don't overwrite my files :)

Noted and deleted the offending file form the upload, though id like to see an update to the scansat config for the Antenna to scan all functions :P

I remember you saying something about co opting the Karbonite antenna for MKS in the future.?