[1.02] (.50)ExtraPlanetary LaunchPads Extended-Part Pack (and extras!)

Please don't overwrite my files :)

Noted and i got rid of the offending file in my upload. , though id like to see an update to the scansat config for the Antenna to scan all functions :P

I remember you saying something about co opting the Karbonite antenna for MKS in the future.?

Noted and deleted the offending file form the upload, though id like to see an update to the scansat config for the Antenna to scan all functions :P

I remember you saying something about co opting the Karbonite antenna for MKS in the future.?

You don't need to overwrite the file, just add a module manager config to change the sensorType line.

You don't need to overwrite the file, just add a module manager config to change the sensorType line.

Thats what i'm in the process of doing. Was somewhat of a noob at the full power of Module manager. But have done some reading up on the documentation, and will be revising a few things in the next update.

Thanks for all the support, Both DMagic, and Roverdude.(and everyone else) Ive been spending twice as long learning new stuff to make assets for the game, then actually playing, and im still having fun. :P

Edited by rabidninjawombat

Thats what i'm in the process of doing. Was somewhat of a noob at the full power of Module manager. But have done some reading up on the documentation, and will be revising a few things in the next update.

Thanks for all the support, Both DMagic, and Roverdude.(and everyone else) Ive been spending twice as long learning new stuff to make assets for the game, then actually playing, and im still having fun. :P

Your affords are greatly appreciated buddy :)

Thanks for your work here.

Could I make a simple request?

Could you add a version number to the top of EPL-Karbonite-Conversion.cfg? Just makes it easier to know if I need to update.

Thanks for your work here.

Could I make a simple request?

Could you add a version number to the top of EPL-Karbonite-Conversion.cfg? Just makes it easier to know if I need to update.

Will do.. not sure why i hadn't done so before :)

Ive been putting the last update date, so if youve updated before then there's been a new one, but will add a version number right now.

Will do.. not sure why i hadn't done so before :)

Ive been putting the last update date, so if youve updated before then there's been a new one, but will add a version number right now.

Thank you. I appreciate the date for sure, but I don't always remember when I last downloaded it. :)

Thank you. I appreciate the date for sure, but I don't always remember when I last downloaded it. :)

No prob, ill make sure to add the version number to the readme on the next update as well, which should theortically be soon, in the process of adding more parts.

ExtraPlanetary Launchpads(EPL)---->Karbonite Adaptation:

• Baha's Drills(they start deployed) do not animate due to their reliance on the kethane animater module.
  • OMD does not an animate properly (same as above)
  • Looking into how to accomplish fixing this :)

Hi,

There is your TODO list. I have come with nice solution!

Your understand that fixing Baha drills could take forever by many reasons?

So go to the Karbonite devs it's GNU/GPL license! Take their drills for Karbonite and repaint them (i.e. from yellom to red) and edit cfg for ore! Easy done! Max effect on visual.

Please find another models for smelters. It's awful. May be the same way^^^?

Hi,

So go to the Karbonite devs it's GNU/GPL license! Take their drills for Karbonite and repaint them (i.e. from yellom to red) and edit cfg for ore! Easy done! Max effect on visual.

We are not GNU/GPL, we're CC ;)

Hi,

The karbontie drills already work with EPL. That was as easy as adding a MM config to add the ore ability to them. The Baha drills are real nice but they wont animate without kethane, at this point with the nice Karbonite drills to use, ive pretty much removed that one from the to-do list.

Im working on smelters now, have something out today probably, the MKS module rework, the RocketWorkshop, i added does indeed have a smelter built into it.

Whatever.::wink: And by the way thanx for texture fix. RasterPropMonitors didn't work.

I know it's pedantic, but it's one of those really important details to a lot of folks, and while sharing is good - I want to make sure we share in a way that ensures folks get credit for their hard work :)

I know it's pedantic, but it's one of those really important details to a lot of folks, and while sharing is good - I want to make sure we share in a way that ensures folks get credit for their hard work :)

I've never bothered to figure out the difference between GNU and CC. But I have heard that GNU is a terrible license for websites and CC seems to be the most friendly license for all parties.

Anyway, saw that USI Kolonizations has their pre-release. Have you tried it out yet?

I've never bothered to figure out the difference between GNU and CC. But I have heard that GNU is a terrible license for websites and CC seems to be the most friendly license for all parties.

Anyway, saw that USI Kolonizations has their pre-release. Have you tried it out yet?

I would not recommend using the USI Kolonization 0.20.3 Pre-Release with the current EPL -> Karbonite Adaption! Several parts got removed and things got changed around. If you used it as is you will have problem with ORS and extreme lag.

The lag seems to be cause by the Open Resource System, the MKS portion of USI Kolonization used to have a folder defining resources for ORS however in the new pre-release this folder got move to the ORS Folder. Since the Adaption had this folder for people who didn't use USI Kolonization it means that ORS will constantly be trying to load the duplicates and failing.

Edited by 7H3LaughingMan

I would not recommend using the USI Kolonization 0.20.3 Pre-Release with the current EPL -> Karbonite Adaption! Several parts got removed and things got changed around. If you used it as is you will have problem with ORS and extreme lag.

The lag seems to be cause by the Open Resource System, the MKS portion of USI Kolonization used to have a folder defining resources for ORS however in the new pre-release this folder got move to the ORS Folder. Since the Adaption had this folder for people who didn't use USI Kolonization it means that ORS will constantly be trying to load the duplicates and failing.

Close, it got moved to the CRP folder, since it's a shared asset. Warnings were issued, so I expect there to be a pre-release here as well. The fun rub (and why this is all a case of yanking the proverbial bandaid off now) is that while there is a mix (current and pre) there will need to either be a mix of mods (current and pre), or one version that supports the upcoming prerelases.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7231478/KSP/Karbonite-EPL-Conversion.zip

Did a updated modification that should probably only be used with MKS Pre-Release 0.20.3. Didn't get a chance to fully test this, but in theory it should work.

• Moved Ore Resource Information to CRP (Since this is to be used with MKS I could of just removed this)
  • Removed Baha's Drills Configuration Changes (No Longer used w/ MKS)
  • Removed MKS Drill Changes (Now included)

On a side note, would it be necessary to remove Kethane completely from EPL since we are going to be using Karbonite generally instead of Kethane. I know that the Kethane bits won't do anything since Kethane isn't installed, but do the Kethane module information still get saved to the save files thus increasing the size?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7231478/KSP/Karbonite-EPL-Conversion.zip

Did a updated modification that should probably only be used with MKS Pre-Release 0.20.3. Didn't get a chance to fully test this, but in theory it should work.

• Moved Ore Resource Information to CRP (Since this is to be used with MKS I could of just removed this)
  • Removed Baha's Drills Configuration Changes (No Longer used w/ MKS)
  • Removed MKS Drill Changes (Now included)

On a side note, would it be necessary to remove Kethane completely from EPL since we are going to be using Karbonite generally instead of Kethane. I know that the Kethane bits won't do anything since Kethane isn't installed, but do the Kethane module information still get saved to the save files thus increasing the size?

Its an extremely minimal increase. And removing the kethane bits from all the parts would entire basically creating a fork of EPL, and having two EPL's out there really isnt necessary when everything things can be accomplished via Module manager.

In regards to the MKS pre release, im in the process of updating the configs for it, and should have it up within the hour :) there will be two version one for those running the pre-release, and one for those not (at least till the official release comes about :))

EDIT: Also alot more needs to be changed then those three notes, with the new release Karbonite has switched over to a new converter so that will all need to be updated as well.

Its an extremely minimal increase. And removing the kethane bits from all the parts would entire basically creating a fork of EPL, and having two EPL's out there really isnt necessary when everything things can be accomplished via Module manager.

In regards to the MKS pre release, im in the process of updating the configs for it, and should have it up within the hour :) there will be two version one for those running the pre-release, and one for those not (at least till the official release comes about :))

EDIT: Also alot more needs to be changed then those three notes, with the new release Karbonite has switched over to a new converter so that will all need to be updated as well.

The old converter is still provided, probably used for the LEGACY parts and who knows what. However I did notice that the reprocessing scrap does not require an electric charge when the original method provided through Kethane did require it.

The old converter is still provided, probably used for the LEGACY parts and who knows what. However I did notice that the reprocessing scrap does not require an electric charge when the original method provided through Kethane did require it.

Ya mistake on my part, fixed in this update i'm almost done with. Just testing to make sure it all works.

Wanted to update the extraction configs anyway to take advantage of the on-rails extraction anyway.

New Version Added: Updated main post with updated version compatible with the MKS.20 and/or Karbonite v.3 PRE-RELEASE. This adds a nice feature of on-rails extraction (meaning your mining ships will now extract even when not focused :D)

NOTE: Ensure before updating to the pre-release version of MKS or Karbonite, you delete your UmbraSpaceIndustries folder, as the ORS resources maps have moved to the CommunityResourcePack folder. Failure to do so will cause errors, lag, crashing, and will make unicorns cry.

If you are not on the pre-release MKS/Karbonite, I've kept the original downloads available till Roverdude releases the next version.

I would like to point out that if you are using the MKS Pre-Release that it already adds ORSResourceScanner to the Karbonite Detection Array, this is listed in KarboniteAntenna.cfg inside of the MKS folder. So I would remove the Substrate, Minerals, and Aquifer since it is redundant and might possibly insert a duplicate module since both times it is added it is using the default insert which doesn't check to see if it already exists.

Karbonite also adds ScanSAT Support by itself to the Karbonite Detection Array so this is no longer needed in the conversion.

I would like to point out that if you are using the MKS Pre-Release that it already adds ORSResourceScanner to the Karbonite Detection Array, this is listed in KarboniteAntenna.cfg inside of the MKS folder. So I would remove the Substrate, Minerals, and Aquifer since it is redundant and might possibly insert a duplicate module since both times it is added it is using the default insert which doesn't check to see if it already exists.

Karbonite also adds ScanSAT Support by itself to the Karbonite Detection Array so this is no longer needed in the conversion.

Thanks for the catch :) I missed that Roverdude had changed the Scansat code to 376960 :) And that he had co-opted the Karbonite antenna. Removed the redundancy.

i take it the "optional" folder still being alluded to in the readme is the "WombatConversions" folder?

Whoops :) sorry forgot to update that part of the readme. But yes. That folder is option if you dont want the RocketWorkshop part that i detailed on the first page. The main folder contains everything needed to update all EPL parts to use Karbonite.

Which version are you using?