[1.02] (.50)ExtraPlanetary LaunchPads Extended-Part Pack (and extras!)

Hi. I was trying out the Orbital Workshop from the KSC Launchpad, and noticed that my production efficiency was over 100%. As long as I had some ScrapMetal remaining, I was able to keep using Reprocess ScrapMetal and Convert RocketParts, and getting out more than I put in. I churned out a veritable army of drones while my available resources just increased. I didn'ttry it in orbit, though.

Is it just because my vessel productivity was over 18? Also, getting 6 kerbals into that container seems like too much of a squeeze, when they are building rockets.

really? so any config at all in game data i can open up and add that copy and pasted part and it will change the cost of those parts to that? sorry for noobness im a complete luddite with changing code and stuff.

edit- hehe i guess that puts me in the minority here. seems like playing ksp with cool stuff requires a person to learn some kind of rudimentary PC knowledge....or maybe i just have oddly specific preferences in video games

Edited by Jagzeplin

oh ok thanks. i just figured to overwrite someone elses price entry i had to edit the file where it was stored but i suppose MM doesnt work like that. ive got a lot to learn about software :( lol

edit- i made costchange.cfg and put

@PART[TinyBlastSmelter]
{
@cost = 30000
}
@PART[SmallerBlastSmelter]
{
@cost = 50000
}
@PART[BlastSmelter]
{
@cost = 100000
}

in it

Edited by Jagzeplin

so i tried it and the costs not only didnt match description but check this out...

2014_08_29_00001.jpg notice the NEGATIVE cost which upon launching does what you'de expect and gives you money...but then takes it back when you recover lol

Edited by Jagzeplin

@PART[TinyBlastSmelter]
{
@cost = 30000
}
@PART[SmallerBlastSmelter]
{
@cost = 50000
}
@PART[BlastSmelter]
{
@cost = 100000
}

it was the smallest smelter on the pic btw and im using MM 2.3.2

Edited by Jagzeplin

That is correct, so maybe something else is changing it. Try this:

@PART[TinyBlastSmelter]:Final
{
@cost = 30000
}
@PART[SmallerBlastSmelter]:Final
{
@cost = 50000
}
@PART[BlastSmelter]:Final
{
@cost = 100000
}

You could also try changing the "=" to "+="

That will add the cost you specify to whatever is in there.

ok so i unlocked smelters and tried

{
@cost = 30000
}
{
@cost = 50000
}
{
@cost = 100000
}

and it was the same as before but whats interesting is that the item description in vab does SAY that it should be whats in the code, except for the tiny one which for some reason stays 896 or something....but anyway description for 2 out of 3 matches code but none actually end up costing that when you bring it out

edit- to recap what they actually cost ends up being -35Kish, 35Kish, and 60Kish respectively.

now without that config every one of em is negative cost with it being at -35584, -15 K something, and -35584. yea the middle size is -15K but the biggest and smallest the same -35584. weird... i also noticed the 187K workshop actually costs exactly 100K when you bring it out and a bunch of other parts dont match cost description in the vab panel

Edited by Jagzeplin

Hi. I was trying out the Orbital Workshop from the KSC Launchpad, and noticed that my production efficiency was over 100%. As long as I had some ScrapMetal remaining, I was able to keep using Reprocess ScrapMetal and Convert RocketParts, and getting out more than I put in. I churned out a veritable army of drones while my available resources just increased. I didn'ttry it in orbit, though.

Is it just because my vessel productivity was over 18? Also, getting 6 kerbals into that container seems like too much of a squeeze, when they are building rockets.

The Productivity only effects the the production of vessels, it doesnt factor into processing ore or metal.

I tested the orbital workshop, and with 500 metal, i get about 7k rocket parts before i run out of metal and scrapmetal, so im not getting infinite production, (make sure your updated to the latest version)

Could you please add a version number to the zip's filename? That way we can tell from looking at our downloads folder whether we have the newest version or not. Thanks :)

Done!

ok so i unlocked smelters and tried
{
@cost = 30000
}
{
@cost = 50000
}
{
@cost = 100000
}

and it was the same as before but whats interesting is that the item description in vab does SAY that it should be whats in the code, except for the tiny one which for some reason stays 896 or something....but anyway description for 2 out of 3 matches code but none actually end up costing that when you bring it out

edit- to recap what they actually cost ends up being -35Kish, 35Kish, and 60Kish respectively.

now without that config every one of em is negative cost with it being at -35584, -15 K something, and -35584. yea the middle size is -15K but the biggest and smallest the same -35584. weird... i also noticed the 187K workshop actually costs exactly 100K when you bring it out and a bunch of other parts dont match cost description in the vab panel

As far as the cost in the tooltip not matching the actual cost: This is because the Tooltip shows the cost of the part if it was full of the resources it was capable of carrying (is, had a full load of metal, ore,etc) The cost reflected in your build total is the part Empty. Not sure if there is a way to have these reflect the same. (As I obviously don't want this parts to start full)

Doing a cost pass on all parts right now, will make sure they all make sense, lemme know if you think they need changing.

Going 50k, 100k, and 150k for the smelters (by size) 100k for the RocketWorkshop

New Version with the prices all updated has been uploaded.

how will you be integrating this with the money system? Just curious, still looks awesome.

Everythings already integrated, not much really required. All parts have costs, thats about all thats really neccesary.

FYI new release of the USI bits

Yea i saw! Love all the new updates =) Will make sure everything's hunky dory.