[WIP BETA] Nasa IXS Warp-ship for Interstellar

Stevie_D

Cockpit Cabin Window Lights - Yey or Nay?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Cockpit Cabin Window Lights - Yey or Nay?

• Yes!(downside is it turns both cabin AND cargo lights on/off. Pitch black bay if you forget.
    • No!(downside is looks like not much activity inside, and comm mod harder to see in darkness

The video is not available, just me or in generell?

Youtube gave me a notice that it wouldn't show in "certain countries" due to my use of Daft Punk's "End of Line" music from Tron Legacy Soundtrack. ...

I looked at the list of "certain countries", .... there was only one listed. Germany.

Youtube hates you. Or your own government copyright laws do. One or the other. Anyway, apologies to all of Deutschland!

Youtube gave me a notice that it wouldn't show in "certain countries" due to my use of Daft Punk's "End of Line" music from Tron Legacy Soundtrack. ...

I looked at the list of "certain countries", .... there was only one listed. Germany.

Youtube hates you. Or your own government copyright laws do. One or the other. Anyway, apologies to all of Deutschland!

Thanks, it is a company called GEMA.

I just hate them, they lie so much and ignore other video portals completly.

Your parts look very nice and stock alike. For me you could make more ships and parts custom crafts, so people could experiment with it.

What I'd like to see in your mod:

- All types of reactors, that we can see orginal Interstellar.

- Parts for atmospheric aircrafts like thermal jet engines and Intakes.

- Radiators (looking like those on ISS).

- Separate drill and refinery modules.

Wont be one! i was due to release the actual 1.0 today... but then whilst in the last bit of testing it out.... i found this....

All i did was click "open cargobay doors"....

So...that's the reason it didnt get a 1.0 release today. I know what the problem is too, the cargobay door collision meshes clip the saucer's collision meshes, and as the doors open they rebound a bunch of physics through to the docking port and into the station... i think. So im re-animating the doors so that they dont touch the actual saucer's collision. Since it hadnt happened with the ship before, i never thought things like that mattered. That's part of the learning curve i guess.

Either way, it made me laugh out loud for a full minute!

Jeb's report back to Mission Control reads.

"I managed to salvage the cargo bay doors!!!!"

Edited by Stevie_D

Wont be one! i was due to release the actual 1.0 today... but then whilst in the last bit of testing it out.... i found this....

All i did was click "open cargobay doors"....

So...that's the reason it didnt get a 1.0 release today. I know what the problem is too, the cargobay door collision meshes clip the saucer's collision meshes, and as the doors open they rebound a bunch of physics through to the docking port and into the station... i think. So im re-animating the doors so that they dont touch the actual saucer's collision. Since it hadnt happened with the ship before, i never thought things like that mattered. That's part of the learning curve i guess.

Either way, it made me laugh out loud for a full minute!

Jeb's report back to Mission Control reads.

"I managed to salvage the cargo bay doors!!!!"

At least it was a spectacular failure; much better than the normal "great, now stuff just isn't working" sort.

I took on board the feedback of the doors i think someone brought up 3-4 pages ago. Whilst i didnt increase the -look- of the size of the doors, i already moved the collision mesh frame farther back/out, so it is far more forgiving when passing things through them.

Im not going to change the actual -look- of the doors themselves, because otherwise it will deviate too much from the actual ship design it is based upon. There's kerbalization in my book and then there's out and out changing the look of the ship. :)

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.