Sign in to follow this  
Stevie_D

[WIP BETA] Nasa IXS Warp-ship for Interstellar

Cockpit Cabin Window Lights - Yey or Nay?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Cockpit Cabin Window Lights - Yey or Nay?

• Yes!(downside is it turns both cabin AND cargo lights on/off. Pitch black bay if you forget.
    • No!(downside is looks like not much activity inside, and comm mod harder to see in darkness

HatBat    551

This is amazing. You've got to let me make the official cinematic trailer for this mod... please :D

Alewx    418
That video is probably the best mod overview video I've see. I love it.

The video is not available, just me or in generell?

Stevie_D    503
The video is not available, just me or in generell?

Youtube gave me a notice that it wouldn't show in "certain countries" due to my use of Daft Punk's "End of Line" music from Tron Legacy Soundtrack. ...

I looked at the list of "certain countries", .... there was only one listed. Germany.

Youtube hates you. Or your own government copyright laws do. One or the other. Anyway, apologies to all of Deutschland!

Alewx    418
Youtube gave me a notice that it wouldn't show in "certain countries" due to my use of Daft Punk's "End of Line" music from Tron Legacy Soundtrack. ...

I looked at the list of "certain countries", .... there was only one listed. Germany.

Youtube hates you. Or your own government copyright laws do. One or the other. Anyway, apologies to all of Deutschland!

Thanks, it is a company called GEMA.

I just hate them, they lie so much and ignore other video portals completly.

bartekkru99    61

Your parts look very nice and stock alike. For me you could make more ships and parts custom crafts, so people could experiment with it.

What I'd like to see in your mod:

- All types of reactors, that we can see orginal Interstellar.

- Parts for atmospheric aircrafts like thermal jet engines and Intakes.

- Radiators (looking like those on ISS).

- Separate drill and refinery modules.

Well, the German government is sort of an expert when it comes to censoring material. Remember the German release of Half-Life?

Ah, well. That's why we include images. Hoping to see an update soon - I love the parts currently out.

papics    17

It's really not something what fits into my 'game-plan', but even if it is not going to hit my GameData folder, I have to say this mod is awesome. Kudos!

Stevie_D    503

Wont be one! i was due to release the actual 1.0 today... but then whilst in the last bit of testing it out.... i found this....

All i did was click "open cargobay doors"....

So...that's the reason it didnt get a 1.0 release today. I know what the problem is too, the cargobay door collision meshes clip the saucer's collision meshes, and as the doors open they rebound a bunch of physics through to the docking port and into the station... i think. So im re-animating the doors so that they dont touch the actual saucer's collision. Since it hadnt happened with the ship before, i never thought things like that mattered. That's part of the learning curve i guess.

Either way, it made me laugh out loud for a full minute!

Jeb's report back to Mission Control reads.

"I managed to salvage the cargo bay doors!!!!"

Edited by Stevie_D

Orbiter    1

I think someone accidentally found a new reactor failure animation. :D

Hopefully the fix isn't too difficult.

Edited by Orbiter
Grammar

scottpaladin    68
Wont be one! i was due to release the actual 1.0 today... but then whilst in the last bit of testing it out.... i found this....

All i did was click "open cargobay doors"....

So...that's the reason it didnt get a 1.0 release today. I know what the problem is too, the cargobay door collision meshes clip the saucer's collision meshes, and as the doors open they rebound a bunch of physics through to the docking port and into the station... i think. So im re-animating the doors so that they dont touch the actual saucer's collision. Since it hadnt happened with the ship before, i never thought things like that mattered. That's part of the learning curve i guess.

At least it was a spectacular failure; much better than the normal "great, now stuff just isn't working" sort.

bigbadben    19

since you're working on the doors, what about including an option to open them twice as wide? give more utility use to the indoor hanger? people who like the original can use it, and those that want moar can have it as well?

Stevie_D    503

I took on board the feedback of the doors i think someone brought up 3-4 pages ago. Whilst i didnt increase the -look- of the size of the doors, i already moved the collision mesh frame farther back/out, so it is far more forgiving when passing things through them.

Im not going to change the actual -look- of the doors themselves, because otherwise it will deviate too much from the actual ship design it is based upon. There's kerbalization in my book and then there's out and out changing the look of the ship. :)

bigbadben    19

ok, thanks for the reply and considering my post. collision mesh seems like a good idea.

Edited by bigbadben
changed that's to thanks

That was some epic Gravity ....e right there. Can't wait!

14 of 18    0

Wow... just wow.... This is amazing! Going to DL now and keep up on the updates awesome job!

Stevie_D    503

Yup, it's up online right now. All the links are on the project release and showcase thread now! (sorry for the no-show of the stock KSP version!)