Sign in to follow this  
Stevie_D

[WIP BETA] Nasa IXS Warp-ship for Interstellar

Cockpit Cabin Window Lights - Yey or Nay?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Cockpit Cabin Window Lights - Yey or Nay?

• Yes!(downside is it turns both cabin AND cargo lights on/off. Pitch black bay if you forget.
    • No!(downside is looks like not much activity inside, and comm mod harder to see in darkness

Neutrinovore    130
1 hour ago, subzero22 said:

How do you get the stardock into orbit and build a ship in it?

With great difficulty, I'm guessing.  :D

Lol, sorry, couldn't resist.  But on a more serious note, I don't think that those parts are meant for actually BUILDING ships, more just as a cool looking and well-lit place to dock them at a space station.  Perhaps in the future someone could or would integrate these parts with another mod that DOES allow the construction and/or launching of ships from them, such as EPL or maybe one or two others that I can't remember the name of right now... :confused:

Anyway, as far as launching... All I can say is keep trying, build a really large rocket, or if worst comes to worst, you could always use something like HyperEdit and just 'put' it into orbit without any of the annoying need to actually 'launch' it.  :)

Rotsa Ruck!  :D 

FreeThinker    2161
38 minutes ago, Neutrinovore said:

With great difficulty, I'm guessing.  :D

Lol, sorry, couldn't resist.  But on a more serious note, I don't think that those parts are meant for actually BUILDING ships, more just as a cool looking and well-lit place to dock them at a space station.  Perhaps in the future someone could or would integrate these parts with another mod that DOES allow the construction and/or launching of ships from them, such as EPL or maybe one or two others that I can't remember the name of right now... :confused:

Anyway, as far as launching... All I can say is keep trying, build a really large rocket, or if worst comes to worst, you could always use something like HyperEdit and just 'put' it into orbit without any of the annoying need to actually 'launch' it.  :)

Rotsa Ruck!  :D 

It would be cool it the could be used in used in combination with.ksp Extraplanetary Launchpads 1.1 for more efficient ship construction. Another idea is to use them to allow upgrading KSPI-E parts to a higher tech level. currently it is for free but then it would only be free if the ship is docket inside a hanger rings.

subzero22    0

Well the reason I'm asking is cause for some odd reason I can't activate warp drive with those big ring things and when I looked up the problem online it told me that launching those ships from kerbin has some kind of stock bug so you have to launch them from space. I thought those rings were to build those ships from space? Or at least somehow launch them from it.

Stevie_D    503

The spacedocks originally had extraplanetary launchpad building capability, so you could use them to build ships in space. Getting the docks into orbit in the first place was meant to be the hard part.

As for the warp rings, do you know that you have to be 500.000km away from a planet before warp drive is able to be activated Sub? It's the most common mistake ive seen people have with the warp drive. (Its one of the difficulty parameters RoverDude put into the mod to stop it being too OP)

Kerenatus    21

So the design has been changed a little(to fit the IVA space?).

I miss the gate.

Goat Master    3

I was trying to download this beautiful mod and when I clicked the dropbox link, the page said that it could not find the download, so could anyone please help me with this issue?

Edited by Goat Master
Typo