One sentence you could say to annoy an entire fan base?

Fr8monkey

5 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Sozin's comet made no sense. Why would a comet made out of ice give firebenders a ton of firepower? And why did the comet dive into the atmosphere of earth? Would that 100 year orbit of Sozin's start to decay? This is why I don't like Avatar, it doesn't make sense...

The waterbenders simply haven't realized yet - they are powerful too, perhaps even more so.

Every bender is an "avatar" of sorts, able to manipulate many actual elements. Here is a tentative map of which elements are controlled by which groups:

FSQdMCq.png

As you can see, Earthbenders have a wide domain over the metals as well as interesting attunement to radioactivity, however fire and waterbenders have power over some of the explosive or water-soluble metals. Any ices are within waterbenders' domain, as are the noble gases (Imagine a waterbender earthbending on Pluto). Airbenders control air, which is a mixture of gaseous elements. Thus, they can easily control anything atmospheric, even certain metals if they get hot enough. (Airbenders could probably earthbend on Pluto too.)

They just need that steampunk guy to show them a little chemistry, then they will finally see their real power. It's like that waterbending witch who showed Katara she could remove water from the air. She could probably pull pure oxygen out too if she realized what water is made of.

(stolen)

Aquaman drowns in Endgame...

5 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Everything but episodes 5, 4, 6 is.

(Exactly in this order, as it's their order of appearance for me. First I watched ep.5 and understood nothing.)

Prequels were actually great. It's the only trilogy where all three films where directed by george lucas...

back on game

... George Lucas has bad directing, Jar Jar Abrams is better.

2 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Aquaman drowns in Endgame...

That's why now he's escaped to the desert of Duna, far from any water at all.

At least now he can see after See.

2 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Prequels were actually great. It's the only trilogy where all three films where directed by george lucas...

In late 1980s there were yet no prequels, but the folk legend said there are 20+ episodes in SW, and I was wondering if anybody had watched any of them.

Yoda actually was the teacher of Jedis.

That's why they were such losers.

26 minutes ago, cubinator said:

I can always hear this image. It's a good feeling.

For those who don't know here is a video of the sound effect (ignore the thumbnail it's just a hook to get you to watch)

Spoiler

Back to game:

Lego Star Wars Complete Saga is the best summary of Star Wars you can find

I think people are a little rough on the prequels. If they were made before the original trilogy I imagine people would like them a lot more. I've seen much worse acting and stories. I think it's just human nature to make fun of something even if you only mildly dislike it. I would gladly watch a prequel star wars film instead of the thousands of worse movies I could pick on movie night.

26 minutes ago, catloaf said:

Star trek is bad by today's standards.

Honestly I thought a lot of the original series was pretty bad, with some interesting ideas and a few really excellent episodes, but there were definitely some episodes that were not good. TNG is much more consistently good.

On 9/10/2020 at 8:31 PM, The Doodling Astronaut said:

... George Lucas has bad directing, Jar Jar Abrams is better.

And Jar-Jar Binks was really a badass character. Makes the Jedi look bad really.