[0.24.2] ContractManager V0.3.0

Kalakian

Contract Manager provides a way to organise and view your active contracts in a much more flexible way than the stock Contracts Window app. It is available via the app launcher, or, if you'd prefer, through Blizzy's Toolbar mod (not required).

So, what have we got so far, and what's planned?

Current

• All the functionality of the stock contracts App, accessible through an App launcher button
  • Draggable and resizeable (through handle at bottom-right) window
  • Can reorder the contracts by using the up and down buttons
  • Contracts removed when complete
  • Persistence
    • Window positions and sizes are saved to a config file, with separate settings for the Space Center, VAB, SPH, and Flight
    • Contract order plus minimum / expanded states saves along with game data

[*]User Preferences (manual edit only right now)

• $(KSP_Dir)\GameData\ContractManager\ContractManager.cfg -> UserPreferences|ContractsWindow|OrderButtonsAtLeft (True/False)

[*]Can optionally use Blizzy's toolbar (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60863) [1.7.6 supported]

• $(KSP_Dir)\GameData\000_Toolbar must be present
    • Contracts available via Tracking Station
    • Window stays open across scenes

V0.3.1

• Now supports Blizzy's Toolbar (from http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60863) [1.7.6]
    • This is an optional feature, and not required to use Contract Manager
    • To use this, $(KSP_Dir)\GameData\000_Toolbar should be present
    • A button can be added to the toolbar for all the usual scenes, plus the Tracking Station
      • Opening the window in this way makes it stay open across scenes

[*]Improved handling of save files so there should be less need for clearing data in future updates

[*]License and ReadMe now included in downloads, in accordance with KSP forum rules

V0.3.0

• Reordering contracts can now be done through the buttons at the side of contract titles
  • User Preferences (testing - will be available through a settings window at some point)
    • Need to manually edit $(KSP_Dir)\GameData\ContractManager\ContractManager.cfg for now
    • One setting available in the UserPreferences|ContractsWindow section - OrderButtonsAtLeft (True) or at right (False)

V0.2.2

• Bug-fix: Accepting a new contract stopped the window from drawing correctly

V0.2.1

• Fixed a crash bug from no-save-present that was introduced in V0.2.0
  • Colours and layout tweaked for a more compact view similar to the stock contracts App
  • Notes for contract parameters are now included, and can be expanded as per the stock contracts App
  • The window can be re-sized by dragging from the handle in the lower-right corner
  • Persistence
    • Window positions and sizes are saved to a config file, with separate settings for the Space Center, VAB, SPH, and Flight
    • Contract and parameter notes minimum / expanded states saves along with game data

V0.1.0

• Window that can be opened by a toolbar button
  • Scrollable list of all currently accepted contracts
  • Minimising contracts
  • Contracts updated (and removed) as the goals are met

Planned Features

• Sticky contracts
  • Contracts don't auto remove on completion, but go to bottom of list (unless sticky)
  • Separate settings/preferences window (to avoid clutter)
  • Per-mission settings (Mission objectives)
  • Show/Hide additional details (rewards / deadline)

Possible Features

• Move irrelevant contracts for mission to bottom of list (unless sticky)
  • Cancelling a contract
  • Override stock contracts app

License: GNU GPLv3

Author: Derek Stobbs (aka Kalakian)

No Statistics are gathered from this mod

Edited by Kalakian

Looking forward to seeing how this one runs. Currently in the stock game it can be quite a pain to try to manage an upwarly-accelerating rocket that's hoping to clear even just 2 or 3 contracts.

My only concern is the size of the window compared to the stock contract window. The one thing it has going for it is its size. It's amazing just how many windows I have up on my screen yet am still able to play. One more could tip the scales :)

Edited by 5thHorseman

Would there be any way of making it show the rewards for each specified contract in a future update?

Hoping to add rewards in at some point, it's listed as a possible feature above. Just getting started with mod making though, so finding my way around what is/isn't possible, and I don't want to put too much clutter on the window. It might come after I get a separate settings window, or if I can work out how to do tabs or something.

How is the list pulling the completion criteria? Will this work worth nodded contracts?

It's using all the events that the standard contract App does, so should work with all modded contracts as well. If there's any problems though, just let me know and I'll see what I can do about it.

My only concern is the size of the window compared to the stock contract window.

I doubled the size of the window so that it could display a few contracts at a time, as a quick fix until I have window resizing in. If I added a button at the bottom to toggle between 2 or 3 set sizes, would that be helpful?

Thanks all for the encouragement. It's my first time trying a mod for this game, so all constructive feedback is appreciated. :)

V0.2.1 has now been released, available through both KerbalStuff and BitBucket. That's all the basic functionality in place, and I've tidied up the appearance so it's more compact and similar to the stock contracts App.

• Colours and layout tweaked for a more compact view similar to the stock contracts App
  • Notes for contract parameters are now included, and can be expanded as per the stock contracts App
  • The window can be re-sized by dragging from the handle in the lower-right corner
  • Persistence
    • Contract and parameter notes minimum / expanded states saves along with game data

Now that's out of the way, I can start working on some of the more advanced features.

V0.2.2 has now been released, available through both KerbalStuff and BitBucket. It's a bug-fix to sort the problem where the window doesn't appear properly straight after accepting a new contract.

Silly mistake, I know. I must remember to go back and perform early tests again when I make a significant change, rather than just testing the new stuff.

V0.3.0 has now been released, available through both KerbalStuff and BitBucket.

Contracts can now be reordered by using up and down arrows next to the contract titles, and I've begun testing out user preferences for when the settings/preferences window will be included.

I've also created a list of tests for me to run through each time before I upload another build, so I probably won't miss silly bugs like I did for V0.2.0

V0.3.0 has now been released, available through both KerbalStuff and BitBucket.

Sweet can't wait to try it. I've not even tried the previous versions because I'm inherently lazy but easy ordering has piqued my interest enough to go through ALL THAT WORK of clicking a download button :D

Kudos for your work on this much needed improvement to the game!

Could you add expiration days and countdown timer if under a day for a deadline? It shouldn't add much to CPU load.

Also, rewards and penalties would be nice to be seen.

These of course should be turnable on/off conveniently..

Sweet can't wait to try it. I've not even tried the previous versions because I'm inherently lazy but easy ordering has piqued my interest enough to go through ALL THAT WORK of clicking a download button :D

Kudos for your work on this much needed improvement to the game!

Cheers. I'm enjoying making this, it's something I'll use myself (when I get back to actually playing the game), and I'm glad others can get some use out of it as well. Sorry that I can't have the mod auto-install onto your machine whenever there's an update. Guess you'll just have to stick with the whole 'click to download' thing :P

Could you add expiration days and countdown timer if under a day for a deadline? It shouldn't add much to CPU load.

Also, rewards and penalties would be nice to be seen.

These of course should be turnable on/off conveniently..

Additional details are on the 'possible features' list, and shouldn't be a problem to add (so I'll move them to the 'planned features'). They'll probably come in at the same time as the settings window, so you can easily set whether to show them or not.

Two things:

1, Kottabos did a review of this:

2, That's why I'm here. To download this amazing thing that I so need right now gimme!

Thanks for pointing this out.

This is just a wee side-project that I work on when I should be making games, so I'm glad that others are finding it useful. Pushes me to get some more work done on it as well

• 2 weeks later...

V0.3.1 has now been released, available through both KerbalStuff and BitBucket.

The main change here is that you can use Blizzy's Toolbar to open the window now (only if you want to, this is an optional feature). This allows you to access the contracts in the Tracking Station, and by opening the window via the toolbar button, it stays open between scenes.

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity here. I love this mod, but now all it shows is "problem loading scenario contrats".

1. Bigass mod pack

2. Started career.

3. Realised that i accidentlaly left B9_Depriciated in the folder and removed it

4. Error as above.

can i reset things without restarting? Other ideas? Thanks.

Edited by Hughesdylan

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you.

Is there any possibility of including the option to resize the fonts? As with the stock window (and the Contracts Window+ mod), the text is far too small for me to be able to read comfortably. The relatively low-contrast colour scheme aggravates this problem, unfortunately.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
can confirm working on .90

Also with a bunch of other mods it´s working fine. If you want to use Active Texture Manager aggressive mode, use this or the windows/icons will mess up.

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG
{
folder = ContractManager
enabled = true
OVERRIDES
{
ContractManager/Textures/.*
{
compress = true
mipmaps = false
scale = 1
max_size = 0
}
}
}

Open a new txt file and copy the lines from above in it. Give the file a name that makes sense for you. For example: ContractManager.cfg.

Put it here: ...\GameData\ActiveTextureManagement\ActiveTextureManagerConfigs

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.