[1.2] [2016-10-28] Haystack Continued (v0.5.2.1)

Qberticus

It does well. I use it already.

Till 0.90. I used targeton. I like it better to have the Window in the upper right. But with 0.90. targeton doesn't work any longer so I had to switch. And I have to admit that haystack works very well :)

But it would be nice to have an opportunity to chose the playce where to dock the window. Not just at the bottom but on top too would be nice.

• 3 weeks later...
It does well. I use it already.

Till 0.90. I used targeton. I like it better to have the Window in the upper right. But with 0.90. targeton doesn't work any longer so I had to switch. And I have to admit that haystack works very well :)

But it would be nice to have an opportunity to chose the playce where to dock the window. Not just at the bottom but on top too would be nice.

I used Targetron as well up until 0.24.2 when I found out about Haystack and switched over. Looking at the Targetron thread it may get forked.

But until then, I suggest also using Enhanced Navball. That allows you to zoom the navball in size as well as slide it to the left. I now leave the navball to the left to leave more room in the centre of the screen. Haystack's little tab stays in the centre, where I can pull it up when I want it.

New version is now released for KSP 0.90

Version 0.3.3.0

• This release updates the comple against KSP 0.90
  • Added support for blizzy toolbar - this allows the window to be positioned anywhere on the screen when the toolbar is installed
  • Minor tweaks to some UI elements
  • Fixed a bug reported by Apollo13 where the names of vessels would wrap to a new line

When I saw a new version on CurseForge (even before reading the release notes), my first thought was, "I wonder if he fixed that d@mned name bug." Downloaded and launched. IT'S FIXED!!! YAY!!! And now that I can place the window anywhere, that's icing on the cake.

Thanks. Gave ya a forum Rep Point as well.

Edited by Apollo13

@Gaiiden yea, I don't like it much now either. I initially didn't notice it since my flow tends to go to the tracking center first and then choose the ship to fly. Now that I'm starting a few different new saves I've been starting from the VAB more now. At least it stays hidden after you've closed it once. :)

Looks like a .png file is missing from your download. Haystack is telling me this in the log:

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'HaystackResourceLoader' from assembly 'HaystackContinued'

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

IsolatedStorageException: Could not find file "C:\Games\KSP_win\GameData\HaystackContinued\icons\button_vessel_spaceobject.png".

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at HaystackContinued.Resources.LoadImage (UnityEngine.Texture2D& targ, System.String filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at HaystackContinued.Resources.PopulateVesselTypes (System.Collections.Generic.List`1& list) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)

HaystackContinued.Resources:PopulateVesselTypes(List`1&)

HaystackContinued.HaystackResourceLoader:Awake()

UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)

UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)

AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)

AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)

AddonLoader:OnLevelWasLoaded(Int32)

@AccidentalDisassembly Thanks for pointing that out. :) it's not so much as it's missing as it never existed. The icon list for the types of vessels were created before I took over the maintenance of Haystack. During the time between the last old release of Haystack and I taking responsibility for its maintenance KSP had the new space object type added. I just haven't made an art asset for it yet so when it goes looking for an icon it can't find one. Thats why that error is displayed.

---

Since I've been messing around with the contracts (I didn't really play with them previously) I've launched too many things I care about tracking. This has prompted me to develop the feature of hiding vessels from the haystack list. This will be in the new release along with a change that keeps the Haystack window from appearing by default on the first loading of the game. For future releases I'll probably change how the toolbar buttons are handled so each game scene (tracking center, flight, etc.) is handled separately. (i.e., it'll remember the state you last left the window open)

There's a new version out for those interested. :)

Version 0.4.0.0

• There is a new button that allows you to set vessels to be hidden from the list. The hidden vessels are saved in the save game file and will be saved whenever the game is saved.
  • The window will now default to hidden when first loading the game. In the future this will be updated so the tracking center window and the in flight window will have separate state for the being shown / hidden

Hi, could you please add the ability to target planetary bodies?

I am having terrible problems at the moment with the game not wanting to select Duna.

- - - Updated - - -

H,, I think I am actually getting this bug in KSP

So I think your existing system of focus view, then click on planet to select is probably fine.

Unless you could potentially allow people to work around this bug (ie maybe normal KSP UI cant select the planet due to bug, but your code could).

Edited by evilC

• 2 weeks later...

Will there be an option for you to rename docking ports with Haystack, for those of us who do not use Docking Port Alignment Indicator?

Possibly something where if you don't have that installed, it has the feature through Haystack, and if you do it works as it does now?

Reason I mention this, is that I have grown accustom to Navball Docking Alignment Indicator, which does not have a renaming feature.

I'm looking at Haystack as a replacement for Targetron, which lost its developer. One function that Targetron provided is a list of the docking ports on the target vessel. New to KSP o.24 is the ability to name each docking port. Targetron lists the docking ports, but without their names; just the generic "Clamp-o-Tron" for each. The player then clicks on a port name in the list and that port becomes the target for docking.

Can you update Haystack to provide the docking port list with their real names? Can it also select a port to set it as the target port?

Wait a minute...I was unaware of the ability to rename docking ports...otherwise I'd have done that already!

New version is now released for KSP 0.90

Version 0.3.3.0

• Added support for blizzy toolbar - this allows the window to be positioned anywhere on the screen when the toolbar is installed

I have blizzy78's toolbar but for Haystack I preferred it being an edge window with a tiny tab to pull it up when I needed it. With the large-button stock bar, I'm trying to limit what's on both it and blizzy's bar. Would it be possible to put in a config setting for the original window behaviour?

New in 0.3.1.0: The docking port list includes support for the Docking Port Alignment Indicator mod's named port feature. If it detects this mod it will use the name of the docking port that has been set in the display. If the mod is not detected it will default to using the name of the part.

Awesome! :)

• 2 weeks later...
I have blizzy78's toolbar but for Haystack I preferred it being an edge window with a tiny tab to pull it up when I needed it. With the large-button stock bar, I'm trying to limit what's on both it and blizzy's bar. Would it be possible to put in a config setting for the original window behaviour?

First, thanks a lot for resurrecting this mod. It's really useful. Second, I would also like to have the original behavior of the slide down tab. I really liked this functionality...and I also liked the ability to target a planet with the old version of Haystack. It was really helpful when you are near Kerbin but it won't register your clicks because there are too many ships in orbit.

I also liked the ability to target a planet with the old version of Haystack. It was really helpful when you are near Kerbin but it won't register your clicks because there are too many ships in orbit.

That's a key feature that I'd like to see added, the ability to use Haystack to target planets/moons in addition to vessels / docking ports.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to be a bug in the HaystackContinued-0.4.0.0.zip file:

IsolatedStorageException: Could not find file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\HaystackContinued\icons\button_vessel_spaceobject.png".

Missing file is: icons\button_vessel_spaceobject.png

• 4 weeks later...
Seems to be a bug in the HaystackContinued-0.4.0.0.zip file:

Missing file is: icons\button_vessel_spaceobject.png

To get rid of this message, I did

cd /home/amedee/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/HaystackContinued/icons/

ln button_vessel_unknown.png button_vessel_spaceobject.png

In other words, I copied the unknown icon (question mark) just to have a file. I guess it could have been any file, even a 1x1 png would probably have been ok, but whatever. And by making a hard link, it doesn't even take up any space. (yay Linux!)

Edited by Amedee

• 5 weeks later...

Change Log:

• KSP v1.0 support
  • Fixed the missing spaceobject icon error message by adding the icon.
  • The haystack window will now save the visible state depending on the scene. This means that leaving the window open in the tracking station will not leave it open during flight.
  • You can now target the currently selected celestial body (i.e., planet or moon) when in the default view (i.e., not group by).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.