[1.2] [2016-10-28] Haystack Continued (v0.5.2.1)

Qberticus

• 2 weeks later...
On 04.04.2016 at 2:57 AM, Qberticus said:

Development release for 1.1 experimental https://github.com/qberticus/HaystackContinued/releases/tag/0.4.9.0

ChangeLog:

• Updated to KSP 1.1
  • Added window to the space center
  • Added app launcher button and icon
  • Disabled use of blizzy toolbar until that is updated.

Bugs are possible I haven't tested this much but there weren't any substantial changes made.

Dude, I love you ) I've been waiting for the ability to use Haystack in the Space Center view for so long. Purrr =>.<=

New version for KSP 1.1 is released. Currently github and spacedock are updated, curse later. I clicked the CKAN button on spacedock so hopefully it shows up in CKAN.

Version 0.5.0.0

• Updated to KSP 1.1
  • Added window to the space center.
  • Added app launcher button and icon.
  • Disabled use of blizzy toolbar until that is updated.
  • Switched to allowing targeting of docking ports when a vessel is loaded instead of packed. Once the targeted vessel is within 200m (i.e., unpacked) the port needs to be retargeted for automated docking support to work (e.g., mechjeb)
  • Updated support for Docking Port Alignment Indicator mod named docking port feature

Pro tip; it's important to hit 'publish' on spacedock. :) That's now clicked, not sure if it stopped people from downloading from there since I used a direct link to the mod. 

I also noticed that blizzy's toolbar is updated so I'm going to be adding that back in since it was only a temp removal.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23.4.2016 at 0:19 PM, casper88 said:

cheers for the mod,

blizzy has updated the toolbar - will we see the return of the ability to add the icon to the toolbar?

Yes please. I second this. Toolbar is up for 1.1.2.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Qberticus, it would be nice if this plugin followed the MM rules of folder layout, where .dlls go into the GameData/ModName/Plugins and the settings file goes into GameData/ModName/Plugins/PluginData folder. It speeds up the game loading time and MM doesn't recache the PluginData folder on every start, otherwise it grabs all the .cfg files it can find.

thanks by the way for letting this mod be viewed from the space center; that was my number one request as I hated having to go into the tracking station to switch to vessels.

edit

pretty sure blizzy's has been updated too

Edited by Deimos Rast

• 4 weeks later...

I've been working on a new update. Preview: http://imgur.com/UODzib9 

Cleaning up the default list so it looks a bit nicer.

Adding a nearby only button to make it easier to choose which vessel you're going to dock with. It also making managing bases easier. Right now it displays all vessels in the current SOI sorted by distance. I'm considering only doing vessels within physics range. I've not decided yet.

Added sort ordering and did some refactoring to make it easier to add in customizable sorting options in the future.

Currently working on an extended vessel display that will provide info on crew, which parts the crew are in, resources, and if it fits orbital information. 

• 2 weeks later...

Version 0.5.1.0

• Updated for KSP 1.1.3
  • Made the UI look a bit nicer.
  • Added extended vessel info window. It can be accessed by the arrow button on the right side of the window or by clicking the currently selected vessel as a toggle.
  • Extended vessel info window also works for Celestial Bodies (i.e., planets and moons). It will display important information about them. Of note are the science High, and Low altitude values. You don't have to look them up anymore.
  • Added sort order buttons for the vessel list. These let you change the sort order of the vessel list.
  • Added a nearby button. This only displays the vessels in the current SOI. Vessels in physics range are sorted by name; vessels outside of physics range are sorted by distance from the active vessel. This button only works while flying a vessel.
  • Added ability to rename a vessel. The button is accessed from the extended vessel info display.
  • Search results are ordered by the location of the search term in the result. Closer to the beginning of the result the higher on the list.
  • Added blizzy toolbar support back. Defaults to using blizzy toolbar if found, otherwise it will use the stock toolbar.
  • Moved the settings.cfg file to PluginData directory. Thanks to Enceos and RealKolago for the heads up.
  • Fixed tooltips so they are clamped to within the window and are not cut off.
  • Added KSP-AVC support.

Download at Github or Spacedock.

Edited by Qberticus

So, I might be blind, but since updating to the latest version, I haven't been able to find the Haystacks button anywhere - in space or in flight.

Log is free of errors regarding Haystacks and seems to correctly point to the new settings.cfg location.

The 1.1.2 version seemed to be working fine for 1.1.3, so I think I might try that. Did anything else change?

This is on Linux 64 bit.

On 6/23/2016 at 4:16 PM, Qberticus said:

@Deimos Rast I added blizzy toolbar support back. You'll need to go and add it to the visible buttons. IIRC blizzy's toolbar defaults to not showing new buttons.

Ohhhhhhh, I was assuming it was AppLauncher only still. I much prefer blizzy's.

Derp. Thanks.

Edit: Is there a settings option to switch between the two?

Edited by Deimos Rast

• 4 weeks later...

@Qberticus

I really really like how this mod has been developing.

The "Rename" and "NearbyOnly" are great additions. And again, thank you so much for letting me use it in the KSC scene!

Two (small) feature requests:

• Any chance for a config setting to allow you to switch to/from vessels in an atmosphere? You could make is disabled by default, but it'd be rather handy. And yes, I realize just about every other target mod doesn't let you do this (or stock).
  • A way to disable the by default displaying of bodies. I'd rather it be blank. Currently I have to keep deselecting the Bodies category everytime I use it. Doesn't seem to be anything in the settings config for it.

Cheers (and thanks again).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.