[1.2] [2016-10-28] Haystack Continued (v0.5.2.1)

Qberticus

On 12.10.2016 at 11:11 AM, Qberticus said:

Currently working on updating for 1.2. This will probably be just what is required to update since atm I'm a bit pressed for time to work on new features. :(

You made Haystack complete long ago :)

I don't see anything which could make it better than it is. Haystack, Part Commander and QuickGoTo are my favorite shortcut mods.

New version is out. This is mainly a recompile with a few small tweaks to work with the new KSP version. I've done very minimal testing but everything seems to be fine. Download links are updated in the OP.

Version 0.5.2.0

• Updated for KSP 1.2
  • A couple of UI updates due to changes in new KSP version
  • Tweaked docking port list font size due to new font rendering code
  • Known issues: missing filter button icons for new ship types: plane and relay

50 minutes ago, Lach_01298 said:

Does this mod add the ability to search saved crafts in the VAB and SPH? because i'm always have tonnes of craft so it would be nice if it had a search. if it doesn't i suggest you should add it.

That seems out of scope for this mod. Check out the Craft History, by @SpaceTiger. Sounds like what you're looking for.

Edited by symmeclept
link

@Qberticus

Not seeing any icon for Haystacks with the latest version. Also seeing errors in log related to missing icons. More importantly though is this error, below.

Relevant link below, I think.

Cheers.

NotSupportedException: The invoked member is not supported in a dynamic module.
  at System.Reflection.Emit.AssemblyBuilder.GetExportedTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ToolbarWrapper.ToolbarTypes.<getType>b__0 (.LoadedAssembly a) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator12`2[AssemblyLoader+LoadedAssembly,System.Type].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ToolbarWrapper.ToolbarTypes.getType (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ToolbarWrapper.ToolbarManager.get_Instance () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ToolbarWrapper.ToolbarManager.get_ToolbarAvailable () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at HaystackContinued.HaystackResourceLoader.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(Int32)
AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

@Deimos Rast Thanks, that problem is going to affect my docking port indicator mod support as well since I also call GetExportedTypes. 

As for the icons, there should be quite a few .png files in HaystackContinued/icons. The only currently missing icons are for the plane and relay vessel types. 

1 hour ago, Qberticus said:

@Deimos Rast Thanks, that problem is going to affect my docking port indicator mod support as well since I also call GetExportedTypes. 

As for the icons, there should be quite a few .png files in HaystackContinued/icons. The only currently missing icons are for the plane and relay vessel types. 

those were the two I saw that I remember off hand. Who needs planes anyway.

glad to help; no rush.:)

New update to be compatible with changes in Contract Configurator. OP has the updated download links. 

Version 0.5.2.1

• Updated to be compatible with new Contract Configurator changes.
  • Celestial bodies filter button state is now saved like the other filter buttons.
  • Vessel type icons for plane and relay have been added.

I made a Toolbar/ Applauncher icon to fit in style with other mods. I wanna share it here. It was made of a non-profit-licence base.

Haystack_Icon.jpg The black background is transparent in original png.

Unzip archive in your GameData folder and overwrite/rename old files.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApRhxICouh6ag-RTSG3cU-Lok5EVqQ

Edited by LeLeon

When flying my turboprop and damaging the engine, It sometimes sheds some of the bearing elements. I'd like to pick my turbine shaft from the list, bypassing all the debris in the engine housing, so I can change propeller pitch. Unfortunately, Haystack produces the message "Cannot switch vessels while flying through the atmosphere", while vanilla KSP can.

Or am I pushing the wrong button?

• 1 month later...

One hell of a mod for sure. But I have a request. :D

Would it be possible to have a persistent search text? When you search for something, as soon switch to that vessel, the text field gets reset.

I often send missions to a planet flotilla style, so I'll go back and forth between the different vessels to perform correction burns, plan nodes, etc. I name my vessels Body # - Something. So it's easy to jump from "Eve 4 - Polar Survey" to "Eve 4 - Gilly Recon" and so on. Having that first part "Eve 4" persist between searches would be fantastic.

I know there's a nearby vessels option, but sometimes the distances are too big for it to count as "near" or it counts other vessels not part of the flotilla as near.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm using this with a lot of asteroids in a save file and when the window is open the game's performance tanks. What is it constantly doing in the background? I wouldn't say this is a huge deal since it won't affect many people but am curious if there's some sort of monitoring going on and whether it can be made to be switched off by the user.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Murdabenne said:

Is this working in 1.3? I see that @Qberticus was last on back in May, so not asking for an update, just to verify this can be installed for 1.3, before I move my career game over - this is one of the last few I'm waiting on (KJR being a biggie).

BTW: There's an unofficial build of KJR near the end of the KJR thread which is working fine for me.

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/07/2017 at 8:19 AM, Murdabenne said:

Is this working in 1.3? I see that @Qberticus was last on back in May, so not asking for an update, just to verify this can be installed for 1.3, before I move my career game over - this is one of the last few I'm waiting on (KJR being a biggie).

Works okay for me.. 

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.