[1.2] [2016-10-28] Haystack Continued (v0.5.2.1)

Qberticus

On 11/10/2017 at 6:10 PM, cam5d said:

you should have a page "Haystack continued revived" 

We already have too many "continued"s

Screenshot_20171113_140017.png

We also have "revived"s, "revisited"s and even one "retextured". So I do not see any need for one more "continued continued". That's why new Kartographer thread is not "continued", but just Kartographer. At the times Kartographer was dead, Haystack proved to be really handy replacement to Kartographer's "Vessel Select", now as I overtook Kartographer support I see all disadvantages of Vessel Select compared to Haystack. And I'm facing dilemma: either improve Vessel Select or just stick with recompiled Haystack.

7 hours ago, RealGecko said:

At the times Kartographer was dead, Haystack proved to be really handy replacement to Kartographer's "Vessel Select", now as I overtook Kartographer support I see all disadvantages of Vessel Select compared to Haystack. And I'm facing dilemma: either improve Vessel Select or just stick with recompiled Haystack.

Theres also a mod that is similar, and an alternative to Haystack... idk if you know about it... but might be worth taking into consideration on your decision to keep Haystack going, or to fix Vessel Select... vOv

Also, dont let agises forum visiting frequency bother you... yet... his stuff seems all updated for 1.3/1.3.1... and he always seems to manage to pop up right after a major KSP update, to get things updated :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, awang said:

Does Haystack have some kind of "un-targeting" functionality built-in? It's nice to be able to target a planet without going to the map view, but I'm probably blind and missing a way to undo that...

You can double click your ship in flight view to clear a target. That's a relatively new stock feature.

Next thing to look at might be performance.  If you have > 50 flights in progress, performance can tank if you have something typed in the search box.  I think it's redoing the search & sort on every frame and is really slow at doing it (or is redrawing the UI too much).

15 minutes ago, WuphonsReach said:

Next thing to look at might be performance.  If you have > 50 flights in progress, performance can tank if you have something typed in the search box.  I think it's redoing the search & sort on every frame and is really slow at doing it (or is redrawing the UI too much).

The mod is old enough that it probably still uses the ongui UI stuff, which isn't great for performance to begin with.  The first time I had the clock go yellow every time I opened Haystack, just to have it go back green as soon as I closed the window, I decided that if I ever get around to doing KSP modding, a Haystack/Targetron-inspired mod would be one of the first three that I do, written to be more efficient.  Of course, it will be a learning experience for me, so if and when it happens, there's no guarantee that it'll be as efficient as I want it to be. :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Anyone interested in seeing this continued?

yup, it's a daily user for me to sort through the... many many asteroids I have. Works great as-is IMO so would just like to see it carried over into new KSP versions

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2018 at 7:15 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Anyone interested in seeing this continued?

You have sooooo many that you're already maintaining!  How do you do it, and still have a life?  But you seem willing, so... yes, please!

I've come to depend on Haystack; it'd really be a pain to play without it.  There are alternatives, buuuut... I keep coming back to Haystack.  So if you feel up to it, by all means, please continue it!

1 hour ago, wreckreation said:

You have sooooo many that you're already maintaining!  How do you do it, and still have a life?  But you seem willing, so... yes, please!

I've come to depend on Haystack; it'd really be a pain to play without it.  There are alternatives, buuuut... I keep coming back to Haystack.  So if you feel up to it, by all means, please continue it!

Adopted back on Jan 25:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.