Qberticus

[1.2] [2016-10-28] Haystack Continued (v0.5.2.1)

Recommended Posts

On 10/20/2017 at 11:49 AM, RealGecko said:

Did not work for me, so I created a recompile.

Is there supposed to be a DLL inside that?  All I see inside is the .version file and the icons/ folder contents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WuphonsReach said:

Is there supposed to be a DLL inside that?  All I see inside is the .version file and the icons/ folder contents.

Something went wrong, here's reupload.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2017 at 2:22 PM, RealGecko said:

Something went wrong, here's reupload.

Works!  Thanks a lot , you should have a page "Haystack continued revived"  :)  But seriously, I hope your link would be amended to the OP, great help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2017 at 6:10 PM, cam5d said:

you should have a page "Haystack continued revived" 

We already have too many "continued"s

Screenshot_20171113_140017.png

We also have "revived"s, "revisited"s and even one "retextured". So I do not see any need for one more "continued continued". That's why new Kartographer thread is not "continued", but just Kartographer. At the times Kartographer was dead, Haystack proved to be really handy replacement to Kartographer's "Vessel Select", now as I overtook Kartographer support I see all disadvantages of Vessel Select compared to Haystack. And I'm facing dilemma: either improve Vessel Select or just stick with recompiled Haystack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RealGecko said:

At the times Kartographer was dead, Haystack proved to be really handy replacement to Kartographer's "Vessel Select", now as I overtook Kartographer support I see all disadvantages of Vessel Select compared to Haystack. And I'm facing dilemma: either improve Vessel Select or just stick with recompiled Haystack.

Theres also a mod that is similar, and an alternative to Haystack... idk if you know about it... but might be worth taking into consideration on your decision to keep Haystack going, or to fix Vessel Select... vOv
 

Also, dont let agises forum visiting frequency bother you... yet... his stuff seems all updated for 1.3/1.3.1... and he always seems to manage to pop up right after a major KSP update, to get things updated :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Theres also a mod that is similar, and an alternative to Haystack...

Yeah, I'm aware of Targetron, but IMO Haystack is more functional in some cases, matter of taste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does Haystack have some kind of "un-targeting" functionality built-in? It's nice to be able to target a planet without going to the map view, but I'm probably blind and missing a way to undo that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, awang said:

Does Haystack have some kind of "un-targeting" functionality built-in? It's nice to be able to target a planet without going to the map view, but I'm probably blind and missing a way to undo that...

You can double click your ship in flight view to clear a target. That's a relatively new stock feature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, symmeclept said:

You can double click your ship in flight view to clear a target. That's a relatively new stock feature.

Ah, that certainly helps. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next thing to look at might be performance.  If you have > 50 flights in progress, performance can tank if you have something typed in the search box.  I think it's redoing the search & sort on every frame and is really slow at doing it (or is redrawing the UI too much).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, WuphonsReach said:

Next thing to look at might be performance.  If you have > 50 flights in progress, performance can tank if you have something typed in the search box.  I think it's redoing the search & sort on every frame and is really slow at doing it (or is redrawing the UI too much).

The mod is old enough that it probably still uses the ongui UI stuff, which isn't great for performance to begin with.  The first time I had the clock go yellow every time I opened Haystack, just to have it go back green as soon as I closed the window, I decided that if I ever get around to doing KSP modding, a Haystack/Targetron-inspired mod would be one of the first three that I do, written to be more efficient.  Of course, it will be a learning experience for me, so if and when it happens, there's no guarantee that it'll be as efficient as I want it to be. :-)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you refactor it you could call it: Haystack Restacked? (ducking and running away)

Edited by Murdabenne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2017 at 11:31 AM, Murdabenne said:

If you refactor it you could call it: Haystack Restacked? (ducking and running away)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Anyone interested in seeing this continued?

Yes.  It makes things so much easier to find...  (Though I'm using it just fine as-is in 1.3.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Anyone interested in seeing this continued?

ME! Me! me! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Padrone said:

Add in another vote for @linuxgurugamer to take on more work!  :confused:

You can also vote by contributing to my Patreon account :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Anyone interested in seeing this continued?

yup, it's a daily user for me to sort through the... many many asteroids I have. Works great as-is IMO so would just like to see it carried over into new KSP versions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2018 at 7:15 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Anyone interested in seeing this continued?

You have sooooo many that you're already maintaining!  How do you do it, and still have a life?  But you seem willing, so... yes, please!

I've come to depend on Haystack; it'd really be a pain to play without it.  There are alternatives, buuuut... I keep coming back to Haystack.  So if you feel up to it, by all means, please continue it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wreckreation said:

You have sooooo many that you're already maintaining!  How do you do it, and still have a life?  But you seem willing, so... yes, please!

I've come to depend on Haystack; it'd really be a pain to play without it.  There are alternatives, buuuut... I keep coming back to Haystack.  So if you feel up to it, by all means, please continue it!

Adopted back on Jan 25:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.