Documenting code or not

Guest LoSboccacc

lol - great point there ::)

i usually try to keep my code as self-explanatory as i possibly can - then i still use comments to remind myself (and whomever dares read my stuff) of what i was thinking when i wrote a particular bit

i too dislike seeing people use comments INSTEAD of writing proper code.... that\'s the 'crutch' he was talking about :P

so yeah, much agreed - one should write code as if there were no such thing as comments - but then, promptly remind oneself that there IS, and use it to clarify ones ideas further, add notes and/or format things to a more readable state

can\'t go wrong with that :thumbup:

I just do my best to make sure my variables are well named. I see the comments as a good way to convey intent. Its one thing to know what the code says, and another entirely to know why the code is doing what it does.

// Determines whether the user would like a slice of cake, using the boolean - UserWantsCake
If( UserWantsCake)
{
give(Cake);
}
else
{
Debug.Log('The Cake is a lie');
}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.