What Should The Jedi Space Program Do Today?

The Jedi Master

Hello. I want to play KSP. Unfortunately, besides the typical Mun mission, I'm not sure what to do. I'm going to rescue Luney Kerman from Kerbin orbit, but other than that I'm a little stumped. And I don't really feel like more Moho mission testing today.

This is where you come in. Suggest ideas for me. Some details:

1. I'm in what I like to call a 'Sandbox Career'--I unlock all the parts through cheats, keeping money, reputation, contracts and science flavor text without all that tedious burn-Kerbin-and-moons-for-science stuff (though now, science is more of a way to keep score than anything else). This way I can do fun stuff while keeping budget. Keep that in mind.

2.Mods I have or will be installing momentarily: DebRefund, FinePrint, Final Frontier, Kerbal Alarm Clock, SCANsat, Kethane, Chatterer. (Can Interstellar be integrated into an already-existing save? I was never able to figure out how far I have to cheat science to get the full stock tech tree without spilling into warp and stuff, which I'd like to be able to unlock normally.)

3.I don't want anything interplanetary--keep it in the Kerbin system.

4.If you can figure out some roleplay-ish purpose to the mission, all the better! :)

Help me out here!

Interstellar can be integrated into an existing save just fine as long as your not useing another mod that installs a custom tree through treeloader already. Make sure you get the experimental version wave put out till fratal gets back as the 23.5 version does strange things in 24. For the most part you'll get some basic nuke reactors, some engiens and some support parts in the stock portion of the tech tree and then you'll have expensive nodes for things like fusion/antimater/warp tacked onto the end. The only reall "ISSUE" with installing mid game is the standard gota go back and manualy unlock new parts in the nodes thats common to all mods that add parts.

as for a mission. Luney is too golden an opertunity to pass up. Send a ship up for him and send him to mun/minmus before bringing him home for the irony of it. Bonus points if you "Rescue" him by grabing him with the claw and lug him around for a while before you let him get in the pod to compleat that mission requirement.

Maybe you could pick like three or four of your Kerbals and make them a part of a sort of criminal parallel space program. They would have to construct their secret base and resupply while on actual missions for the Jedi Space Program. I dunno what their ultimate goal would be, though, besides embezzling.

Pick a company and only do contracts for them? Maybe the program is on a temporary partnership?

Dump flags on mountain peaks on Kerbin and come up with names for them?

Dump flags on a bunch of craters on the Mun labeled things like "Hole 1" and make it into a giant golf course?

Build an aquatic base... and then put it on Minmus instead. It sure looks like oceans, and it's good to be prepared :D

I myself haven't even accomplished much in the way of interplanetary basics yet, so sorry if these seem a little uninspired. Hope you have luck with Interstellar!

Edited by Amihan
obviously i CAN think of missions oops

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.