[Stopped] 6.4x Kerbol System v2.0.1 - RSS Config [11/16/14]

Raptor831

Should Gilly's spaceAltitudeThreshold be 124800 instead of 12480? I think 12480 puts it inside Gilly's radius?

I believe that number is altitude from sea level, so by nature it cannot be within the body.

Biomes seem to be out of sorts; Grasslands appears to extend way out to sea.

The biomes are a bit funky, due to the maps being scaled up with the size. The unfortunate thing is that we're probably talking about a pixel or two on the biome map. How far out to sea are the "grasslands" going?

screenshot395_by_vala553-d8ecm6q.png

Not the furthest I've gone, mind; I've gone to where there's no land visible at all, and it's still all bloody Grasslands(except for an inexplicable bit of Lowlands around where the islands are.)

Wait, that's an option?

I'll check that next time I'm on.

Didn't remember that myself...

So obviously the grasslands extend a bit beyond the coast. :) We'll work on that. The biome map check would definitely help, so whatever info you can post would be great.

I found another bug, me thinks.

This is what the biome map looks like in my science save:

screenshot602_by_vala553-d8ei2ek.png

Since I had Construction Time on that save, I went to a sandbox save to launch a missile into the ocean to get a reference.

When I checked out the map:

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2015/018/6/e/screenshot636_by_vala553-d8ei2l4.png

What the heck?

Looks like you installed Real Solar System the entire package, not just installing 6.4x and replacing the RSS dll with the new one from RSS 8.5...

...because that's definitely the biome map for RSS Earth! :)

Yeah, I'd install RSS fresh, get 6.4x and overwrite everything, and make sure that you remove the .obj files from RealSolarSystem/Plugins/PluginData. 6.4x will need to regenerate those (and it will take a bit of time to do so). I probably should include those in the release at this point, since the newest RSS caches those on disk again.

• 3 months later...
Does this work in 1.0 or is it broken?

It's dependent on RSS to work in 1.0. That said, I think RSS is moving to Kopernicus, so this won't work under that. I'd check out 64K at this point anyway, since it's a fork of this but actually maintained. I kind of drifted away from this one (too much to work on for RF Stockalike).

• 1 month later...

Hi Ricardo.b & Commander Jebidiah,

Real Solar System has moved to use Kopernicus as its base and is released. 64K is in the process of doing so - there are dev/test builds available. The live thread for 64K is here.

When will you updated it for 1.0.2?

Depends on how Paul Kingtiger proceeds with the 64K version. If 64K keeps the same sizes mostly and I enjoy playing it, I'll stick with that and leave this alone. It was essentially a better packaged version of this anyway. If not, I'll make something that I do like and share it here.

(Note: I haven't looked at 64K in a while, so it may have been updated recently and I've missed it.)

That sounds kinda snotty, but it's not intended to be! :) Most of my "mods" were just stuff that I was building to make me happy with my game, and I figured other people might enjoy it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty much going to call this config "dead" at this point. It's been superseded by 64K.

So, if you're looking for 6.4x scale, go to the 64K thread found here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/96792

Mods, if you want to lock this thread, go ahead. No need to confuse new players with this, since it's now outdated. :)