Best Flightcomputer

I think when all Pluginmaker work together they can make the best Flightcomputer ever!!!

Features:

- choose an orbit of a vessel in space ( it bring you into the same orbit to dock on it),

it calculate the start Time to be in near the Target to dock on it

- chooseable Targets (moon, soon other planets)

- transferorbits

With all the flight computers already out it is only a matter of time. I could be as simple as an 'over-computer' that controls and operates ones already out. You could enter a mission plan in the fashion that stages are organized. Each stage could contain several desired commands, such as 'launch to this altitude and inclination' or 'rendezvous with ship X'

It would be awesome if all the autopilot modders collaborated on one combined autopilot system that just did everything. There could be a UI tab like from MechJeb where you could select what you wanted to have open, and it would all be right there; you wouldn\'t need 50 different parts and stuff attached haphazardly around your rocket, because it would all be one part (like, for example, the pod).

It would be awesome if all the autopilot modders collaborated on one combined autopilot system that just did everything. There could be a UI tab like from MechJeb where you could select what you wanted to have open, and it would all be right there; you wouldn\'t need 50 different parts and stuff attached haphazardly around your rocket, because it would all be one part (like, for example, the pod).

This would be cool. Although, I kind of like adding the parts as I want and need them. Maybe have a part that contains all of them, but also have parts with individual ones so they arent fluttering up your stuff if you only need the ascent autopilot and nothing elsr, or only want mechjeb.

I like the idea of having different parts for different functions, rather than an 'All in one' part that does everything.

What we really need now is something that can calculate and aid the execution of rendezvous, with different 'Profiles.'

This would be something like Least time approach, Least Time 0-0 intercept, and Maximum Economy.

Least time approach would be basicly aiming at a point where they will be and thrusting 100% of the time until you reach that point. Its the fastest way to get somewhere, however it has the problem of poor fuel economy as well as the problem that your not going to spend much time at all at that point most likely.

0-0 Intercept has you thrust about 50% of the time to get there, and 50% to slow down so you come to a rest relative to that point.

Maximum economy is probably the preferred option most of the time as it will try and use the least amount of fuel to get you to that point, even if it takes awhile, or a few orbits.

I don\'t really know what you mean by that; the menu on the side shows/hides the things you want/don\'t want.

If I could, I would leave the orbital and surface information computers out for most missions. Even with them just in that menu, I find them a little distracting when I\'m turning the other two on or off.

If I could, I would leave the orbital and surface information computers out for most missions. Even with them just in that menu, I find them a little distracting when I\'m turning the other two on or off.

I will say that they\'re a bit overloaded for most things, although I have used most of the provided information at some point. As far as having them in the menu, I suppose it\'s a matter of personal preference; I don\'t really mind them being there, but I suppose that\'s because I use them a fair amount.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.