[Dev][0.24.2] Kustom Kerbals - Make your own personal kerbals! [V1.1]

Jetwave

Have you ever wanted to add yourself into the game? Do you think leaving the game every single time you want to create a new kerbal is tedious?

Well then this is the mod for you! Kustom Kerbals allows you to add new kerbals to your game, ready to be shot off into space! You can edit all of the features of this kerbal, be it his name, bravery or stupidity, you can change it all! You can even make him a Badassâ„¢ like Jebediah! Once you're done editing your kerbal, click "Kreate" to add him to your available flight crew.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Please suggest new features here!

Planned/Current features:

Blue = in latest version

Green = In next version

Yellow = in progress/soonâ„¢

Red = planned, but no work done

UI:

Hotkey toggle

Prevent from clicking buildings under Window

Toolbar Support

Functionality:

Create new kerbals

Set name, Bravery, Stupidity, and Badassness (is that even a word) of new kerbals

Create a random kerbal if no stats are entered

Using TextureReplacer, allow users to choose a suit and head to go with the kerbal

Edit existing kerbals

Add kerbals to ships, if a seat is available

Add the ability to delete kerbals, without killing them (a.k.a feed them to the kraken)

Add a backstory to custom kerbals

Other:

Fix displaying Courage and Stupidity as 100% even when it's not

Release date of Version 1.1: Out now! Get it here! :D

Release date of Version 1.2: A few days to a couple of weeks.

Version 1.2 will have:

-Optional support for Blizzy's toolbar mod.

-Creating a new, random kerbal if create is clicked when no parameters are set.

-Bugfixes (if bugs arise).

-Custom suits and heads using texture replacer

-A special surprise provided by Some_Random_Guy

Edited by Jetwave
Changed the upcoming features

I dont think Monty wants to fire them, i think he wants them erased from existence, hehe.

But yeah, i welcome any new Crew customization mod. For some reason Crew Manifest always crashes my game, so i can never have it installed.

I dont think Monty wants to fire them, i think he wants them erased from existence, hehe.

But yeah, i welcome any new Crew customization mod. For some reason Crew Manifest always crashes my game, so i can never have it installed.

I could feed the kerbals to the kraken if you like.

Interesting... this has spawned an interest into how exactly a kerbal is supposed to be "canned" so to speak. See, the problem lies in the life expectancy of a kerbal enrolled into the KSP launch rotation. Nearly 90% of the rockets/crafts created by the KSP engineers explode at some point in the launch, and out of those nearly 52% explode on the launchpad... at least of the ones that are actually reported. Paperwork is not a common thing to get out of the people in the launch control division. So, it seems to me that the only way a kerbal can be fired without being killed, an event which would surely be extremely troubling to any kerbal who's devoted the last few minutes of his pathetic life to the furthering of science, is by being put into a defective rocket with no windows and a slight... bugged... navigation system marking Kerbol as something that the kerbal in question would choose to visit, such as a ski resort on Duna (inside joke here in the Kerbal Longevity Research division, aka. KLR). This way, the inevitable death of the "canned" kerbal cannot be legally (at least on Kerbin) traced back to anyone because, technically, the kerbal punched in the destination himself and fired the rocket which, in turn, caused his own death. The evidence of tampered equipment is melted down with the kerbal, and all is peachy.

So, in conclusion, no kerbal is ever truly "let go" without meeting an untimely demise.

Version 1.1 is now available!

Changes include:

-Fixed kerbals displaying 100% stats

-Removed open/close buttons

-Added a hotkey toggle

-Disabled clicking on space center objects when the window is open

1.2 will contain custom heads and suits using TR, editing and deleting kerbals will probably come in 1.3. My file for the mod became corrupted, so that's delayed everything a bit, but 1.2 should be out in a few weeks, after that it'll be about a week or two until 1.3 comes out. no promises tho.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Yea, it would be nice to fire kerbals and have them end up in a fired page. :P But anyway.

For this mod, I'd like to see a checkbox that lets you randomize the stats of a kerbal. You type in a name, then click Randomize or just have a checkbox that says randomize after it, if checked, it hides the stats or greys them out so you can't click them.

I'd also like to see an option to add kerbals to the hiring center, rather than to your roster. That way I can create kerbals for hire but not hire them immediately.