[0.24.2] Munar Rover Wheel

keenguitar

Munar Rover Wheel

diVv0CB.png

A rover wheel inspired by the Lunar Roving Vehicle.

1024px-Apollo15LunarRover.jpg

Imgur Album

Javascript is disabled. View full album

License: CC BY-SA 4.0

88x31.png

You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.

If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.

Dropbox

Curse Page

KerbalStuff Page

Edited by keenguitar
Added Curse&KerbalStuff Pages

To other modders: Feel free to include my mod in any of your mod packs , mentioning that it's mine.

I won't make many mods and I don't think I'll ever have a pack of parts so if you think this one fits with your pack you can just include it, so it gets a broader audience.

Edited by keenguitar

I'd like it a bit more if the copper was aged/dinged slightly, but those are still very nice wheels. Good work!

I made an update to the wheels, now the wheel cover has extra details (through normal map) including fine imperfections. They still look brand new. It's not like Jeb made them.

But it would be neat if they folded up!

That's what Infernal Robotics is for! ;)

On a more serious note' date=' these wheels are awesome, added that final touch to my LRV replacing the stock wheels. Time for some RSS moon missions!

[imgur']29ZD5[/imgur]

Edited by Chris P. Bacon

That's what Infernal Robotics is for! ;)

On a more serious note, these wheels are awesome, added that final touch to my LRV replacing the stock wheels. Time for some RSS moon missions!

Very nice LRV there, but I made an update to the wheels, you should try the new update. It added some details to the wheel cover and the rim.

• 1 month later...
Bumping, as it's ridiculous that what is probably the best-looking wheel ever made for KSP is so overlooked.

Thanks, I appreciate your feedback. I am working on something bigger this vacation.. but soon college will start and I won't have time most probably. I am working on a full Lunar Roving Vehicle. Here is a render I made with Blender:

E8K37aU.png

Yes that's just the new wheels which are a bit lower and have a bit more detail. A normal map from a higher poly model would probably be suited well with the Wheel cover.

One day I'll finish this pack. I hope I will be the first to do the LRV idea, but if not, I'll know it will be something I'm happy with.

• 1 year later...