[1.1] RLA Stockalike 13.4 [25 Apr]

hoojiwana

On 15.12.2015, 05:56:20, 123nick said:

will there ever be tweakscale or,  more. important ly RT support?

Scroll back a few pages in the thread, I posted a RemoteTech MM config for all the new probe cores somewhere. (If that's what you're looking for.)

Updated! Check the OP for download links, including (soon) CurseForge.

Changelog

Spoiler

• Updated Part Test module to 1.0.5 standards
  • Switched applicable engine emissives to use FXModuleAnimateThrottle
  • Added core heat module to MMRTG
  • Standardised decoupler crossfeed setting
  • Switched ion engine particle FX to use the stock one, removed redundant custom FX
  • Increased 0.625m LFO vacuum engine heat generation
  • Adjusted meshes of various engines to fix shading issues and improve nozzle interiors
  • Tweaked diffuse/specular of some engines (nothing major)

I did a fair bit of fiddling with the heat glow effects on the engines (changed every single one), and I kinda guessed with the new part test contract configs, if you spot something with those that looks out of place I'd appreciate a heads up!

It overlaps a lot with other mods I use, so I sort of doubt I shall use all of this, but there are some interesting parts.

I don't see anything that needs special attention, the default values should work, but 1.0.5 introduced a Buoyancy system, and I had to figure out a Module Manager file to set up an older capsule I was using so that it didn't sink.

I am not sure that monopropellant tanks are such a big deal, since the KSPI mod has a MM file that adds the option to just about every tank. The low ISP of monopropellant makes a launch difficult. On the other hand, I could use a larger monopropellant tank with that big engine to resupply a Mun Station, arriving with a significant fuel reserve that could be transferred to landers and such. Again, this is partly driven by parts from other Mods that I have a habit of using. SpaceY, for instance, has a combination RCS block and monopropellant thruster, and it's much simpler than having to add small LFO engines and tanks just for landing.

Hoojiwana, thank you very much for the adaptation of "RLA Stockalike" to the 1.0.5 version. Many of your items are unique in itself, especially for use in small satellites and automatic stations.

Thanks again!

P.S. And of course I always requires compact  MMRTG,  alternative RCS ports and medium solar panel (very sorry that only one model).

Edited by veber

Happy day! Happy day! Updates!

I loved this back in 0.90, specific parts that I really enjoy / desire in my games are:

• Vacuum Engine for small satellites
  • Alternatives for the stock ION engine and nuclear engines
  • The larger Xeon tank
  • The really big RCS tank
  • Medium Solar Panel fits nicely between the stock solar panels and the Gigantor
  • MMRTG
  • Probe cores look interesting
  • More RCS thrusters
  • Radial reaction wheel

Big report: The LV-0 "Aphid" seems to be using the TtK-6A "Albatross" model (with missing textures).  More info:

RLA_Stockalike/Parts/Engine/lfo_tiny_vac contains two models: model.mu and tiny_vac.mu.  tiny_vac.mu is the correct model, whereas model.mu is the Albatross's model.  The config points to model.mu

23 hours ago, blowfish said:

Big report: The LV-0 "Aphid" seems to be using the TtK-6A "Albatross" model (with missing textures).  More info:

RLA_Stockalike/Parts/Engine/lfo_tiny_vac contains two models: model.mu and tiny_vac.mu.  tiny_vac.mu is the correct model, whereas model.mu is the Albatross's model.  The config points to model.mu

Cheers, updates going through now to fix this. Not quite sure how that model.mu sneaked its way in there since my install didn't have it in the folder. Apparently the game will load a .mu if its the only one in the folder with a config even if not pointed to. You learn something new every day!

EDIT: If anyone is wondering why I'm now also hosting on CurseForge, its because it just took more than 40 minutes to upload the file to KerbalStuff, and less than 10 for a moderator on Curse to approve the 13.3 file.

Edited by hoojiwana

5 hours ago, maculator said:

Great to see this finaly got back!!! I would only wish the lf tanks would come in a smaller variety.  Sorry for m english :( I mean not to big tanks just 1 or 2 per diameter to fill some gaps.

if you have the procedural fuel tanks mod, you can have tanks of ANY size, and of ANY shape, and with MFT, ANY fuel set-up. 

• 2 weeks later...

Small thing:  Tweekscale seems to be using some outdated RLA part names, which means RLA just doesn't scale.  I've made some changes on my install, but is there a complete config somewhere?  If not, I could probably create one this afternoon.

• 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

@hoojiwana Whatever happened with the separate Electric Engines, Power Generation, & MMRTG packs?... Did the parts get dropped, or merged into RLA Stockalike?... I ask, cuz I dont see pics of them in the OP album...???

They are in the OP album. Electric engines on the pink Efficient Engines slide, power and MMRTG on the green Electrical slide. Are you talking about the very very old packs from before Hooj took a hiatus? If so you're correct in that I believe they had more parts but the important ones were merged into RLA Stockalike.

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

They are in the OP album. Electric engines on the pink Efficient Engines slide, power and MMRTG on the green Electrical slide. Are you talking about the very very old packs from before Hooj took a hiatus? If so you're correct in that I believe they had more parts but the important ones were merged into RLA Stockalike.

1 hour ago, Streetwind said:

Those separate packs kind of stopped existing one and a half years ago... :P

Yes....The VERY old packs... From mid-2013....
Let's just say I am updating a historical record that I keep, of KSP mods... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Running into an issue, CKAN can't download as the KerbalStuff link is broken and from what I read KerbalStuff is shut down. Anyone know how to get CKAN to DL it from any of the other links or such or does the OP have to resubmit it using a GitHub or other link?

Related, anyone know if you can force CKAN to see mods you actually have in the game and not just what you've downloaded using it?

Thanks!

Edited by tempes156

I've just uploaded this to SpaceDock (nearly wrote Spaceport :sticktongue:) and ticked the CKAN button there so hopefully someone with the know how will sort out the CKAN listing, when they get a free moment.

On 15/02/2016 at 7:27 PM, tempes156 said:

Running into an issue, CKAN can't download as the KerbalStuff link is broken and from what I read KerbalStuff is shut down. Anyone know how to get CKAN to DL it from any of the other links or such or does the OP have to resubmit it using a GitHub or other link?

Thanks!

Hopefully the listing will be updated soon with this new download link, but the CKAN team are pretty busy right now so it may be a bit of a wait until it's all updated on their end.

On 2/19/2016 at 10:39 AM, hoojiwana said:

I've just uploaded this to SpaceDock (nearly wrote Spaceport :sticktongue:) and ticked the CKAN button there so hopefully someone with the know how will sort out the CKAN listing, when they get a free moment.

Hopefully the listing will be updated soon with this new download link, but the CKAN team are pretty busy right now so it may be a bit of a wait until it's all updated on their end.

Thanks for the update!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.