[1.1] RLA Stockalike 13.4 [25 Apr]

hoojiwana

I just realized the type of fuel cell that should work on monoprop.

A membrane electrostatic transfer membrane.    Basically when any fluid is pushed through certain membranes, electric charge (either electrons, or electron holes) is moved with it.  Some fuel cells can utilize this technique to generate electricity from pressurized gases such as expanding propellant. 

I can write up a description for a github pull request if you like.

13 hours ago, Ruedii said:

I just realized the type of fuel cell that should work on monoprop.

A membrane electrostatic transfer membrane.    Basically when any fluid is pushed through certain membranes, electric charge (either electrons, or electron holes) is moved with it.  Some fuel cells can utilize this technique to generate electricity from pressurized gases such as expanding propellant. 

Hydrazine APUs also exist.  Though those aren't really fuel cells.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2016 at 5:12 AM, mtpatane said:

Does it work in 1.1.3

Yes.

And here is a config to get RLA working under tweekscale.  As is, I made this for my own purposes.

Edit: it needs updating, new names.

Edited by Sandworm

52 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

@hoojiwana I submitted a PR to the RT crew about a patch that adds RT support to all RLA probes. They might accept it; if not I'll reword it slightly and regift it to you:D

Can be found here

https://github.com/deimos790/RemoteTech/blob/develop/GameData/RemoteTech/RemoteTech_RLA_Probes.cfg

This is more efficient:

Spoiler

@PART[RLA_*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:!HAS[@MODULE[ModuleSPU]]:FOR[RemoteTech]
{
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {
    }

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive] {
        %TechRequired = unmannedTech
        %OmniRange = 3000

%TRANSMITTER {
            %PacketInterval = 0.3
            %PacketSize = 2
            %PacketResourceCost = 15.0
        }
    }
}

50 minutes ago, ultraviolet150 said:

This is more efficient:

Hide contents

@PART[RLA_*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:!HAS[@MODULE[ModuleSPU]]:FOR[RemoteTech]
{
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {
    }

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive] {
        %TechRequired = unmannedTech
        %OmniRange = 3000

%TRANSMITTER {
            %PacketInterval = 0.3
            %PacketSize = 2
            %PacketResourceCost = 15.0
        }
    }
}

True! I personally throw wild cards (*'s) around with reckless abandon in my own versions, but I thought it would be more in line with "best practices" to precisely target each probe. Not sure if that's true or not, just hesitant to unleash them.:rolleyes:

With your version, while it works now, it might not work if he adds a command pod (or rather, a pod would trigger the patch). Obviously that can be fixed by adding a check for crewcap or something, but I see your point, yes.

I modeled mine after the RemoteTech stock probe patch, and dashed it off in a hurry. Thinking about it now, I suppose that patch is the way it is more because the stock probes don't utilize a common naming convention, than anything else.

TLDR: You're not wrong. :)

p.s. I'll also add that was my first time ever forking a repo or submitting a PR, so the fact things didn't blow up on me....I'm batting a thousand.:D

38 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

True! I personally throw wild cards (*'s) around with reckless abandon in my own versions, but I thought it would be more in line with "best practices" to precisely target each probe. Not sure if that's true or not, just hesitant to unleash them.:rolleyes:

With your version, while it works now, it might not work if he adds a command pod (or rather, a pod would trigger the patch). Obviously that can be fixed by adding a check for crewcap or something, but I see your point, yes.

I modeled mine after the RemoteTech stock probe patch, and dashed it off in a hurry. Thinking about it now, I suppose that patch is the way it is more because the stock probes don't utilize a common naming convention, than anything else.

TLDR: You're not wrong. :)

p.s. I'll also add that was my first time ever forking a repo or submitting a PR, so the fact things didn't blow up on me....I'm batting a thousand.:D

Haha, I hope you didn't take offence at my comment. I typed it in a hurry and in hindsight should've explained better that I'm in no way trying to say that "you're wrong" or "I have a better config". I just thought I'd be nice to contribute a slightly shorter and different config doing the same thing. It's true, that if a command pod was added, my current config would be borked but hopefully by then my config would be buried in the thread! :wink:
Again there's absolutely nothing wrong with your config. Sorry if it came across as thrown at you. I sincerely didn;t intend it to seem that way.

I think the wildcard might be slightly more efficient, reason being that MM has to iterate through the entire game database for each patch.  @PART[A|B|C] would probably be similarly more efficient, but given the number of parts that might be cumbersome here. 

9 minutes ago, ZobrAA said:

Hey guys! Did anyone seen Monoprop Fuel Cell not working? I wonder if this a real bug, or just I be lame... :confused:

works for me, Remember that it produces very little electricity as well as capping at 95%. So it wont output any more electricity once you've reached 95% of your total EC.

9 hours ago, ultraviolet150 said:

Haha, I hope you didn't take offence at my comment. I typed it in a hurry and in hindsight should've explained better that I'm in no way trying to say that "you're wrong" or "I have a better config". I just thought I'd be nice to contribute a slightly shorter and different config doing the same thing. It's true, that if a command pod was added, my current config would be borked but hopefully by then my config would be buried in the thread! :wink:
Again there's absolutely nothing wrong with your config. Sorry if it came across as thrown at you. I sincerely didn;t intend it to seem that way.

nope, no offense taken. I'm pretty new to writing patches and (and even newer to contributing them), so I'm glad to have people point out what can be improved.

I have a tendency to view patches as playing with fire - can cook a man's meal or can cook a man. I've more than once been "cooked" by my own patch (so to speak). So I make them drop dead simple when I can.:D

The important thing is that RLA has RT support, either through me, or through you, either here or there (RT).

Cheers!

2 hours ago, ultraviolet150 said:

works for me, Remember that it produces very little electricity as well as capping at 95%. So it wont output any more electricity once you've reached 95% of your total EC.

Saying it did not work I've meant that it has no right-click-menu option or action for action groups in editor to turn on. Only EC storage...

Very odd bug :confused:

11 minutes ago, Starslinger999 said:

Cant wait for the Offical 1.1.3 update! I want the ion engines an the big Oscar tanks!!!

This already works with 1.1.3...where did you see the update info about upcoming features?

On 6/29/2016 at 0:55 PM, ZobrAA said:

Hey guys! Did anyone seen Monoprop Fuel Cell not working? I wonder if this a real bug, or just I be lame... :confused:

Does the Stock Fuelcell work for you? This is exactly the same as stock.

4 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Does the Stock Fuelcell work for you? This is exactly the same as stock.

Yes, stock cell works. Also I did my own cusom part with stock model and the same config as in RLA mp fuelcell and it;s working. But this RLA generator - didn't... :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

MM patch for Near Future Electrical RTG.  I gave it a slightly longer half-life then average to make it a good long duration RTG for those with Outer Planets mod and such.  Makes it a good trade-off that fits a nice niche, lower power but longer lasting.

//---------------RLA Stockalike NearFutureElectrical RTG Decay Support--------------------//
@PART[RLA_mmrtg]:FOR[RLA_Stockalike]:NEEDS[NearFutureElectrical]
{
  !MODULE[ModuleGenerator] {}
  MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleRadioisotopeGenerator
		BasePower = 1.22
		HalfLife = 12.35
		EasyMode = true
	}
}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.