[1.1] RLA Stockalike 13.4 [25 Apr]

hoojiwana

On 7/12/2016 at 10:24 PM, autumnalequinox said:

MM patch for Near Future Electrical RTG.  I gave it a slightly longer half-life then average to make it a good long duration RTG for those with Outer Planets mod and such.  Makes it a good trade-off that fits a nice niche, lower power but longer lasting.

//---------------RLA Stockalike NearFutureElectrical RTG Decay Support--------------------//
@PART[RLA_mmrtg]:FOR[RLA_Stockalike]:NEEDS[NearFutureElectrical]
{
  !MODULE[ModuleGenerator] {}
  MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleRadioisotopeGenerator
		BasePower = 1.22
		HalfLife = 12.35
		EasyMode = true
	}
}

Can't help but notice that you've set the BasePower to 1.22, where as by default it's 0.122, is that a typo in your config or intentional? That's 0.47 higher than the stock RTG and with the longer HalfLife you've given it, that would make it more desirable than the stock RTG in any situation as it outputs more power and lasts longer which also doesn't make much sense given that the RLA RTG has a smaller model than the stock RTG.

Edited by CoriW

4 minutes ago, CoriW said:

Can't help but notice that you've set the BasePower to 1.22, where as by default it's 0.122, is that a typo in your config or intentional? That's 0.47 higher than the stock RTG and with the longer HalfLife you've given it, that would make it more desirable than the stock RTG in any situation as it outputs more power and lasts longer which also doesn't make much sense given that the RLA RTG has a smaller model than the stock RTG.

crap typo.  Nertea just released a patch of his own after I made that that came with last NFE update (I use outer planets and those RTGs drain bad on low energy transfers and his patch has default half life).  Here it is again or you can just use Nertea's or edit it to whatever half-life you'd like.

//---------------RLA Stockalike NearFutureElectrical RTG Decay Support--------------------//
@PART[RLA_mmrtg]:FOR[RLA_Stockalike]:NEEDS[NearFutureElectrical]
{
  !MODULE[ModuleGenerator] {}
  MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleRadioisotopeGenerator
		BasePower = 0.122
		HalfLife = 12.35
		EasyMode = true
	}
}

9 minutes ago, autumnalequinox said:

crap typo.  Nertea just released a patch of his own after I made that that came with last NFE update <snip> or you can just use Nertea's or edit it to whatever half-life you'd like.

Ah yeah, thought it was a typo. Sorry if I came off as rude or anything I typed that up in a hurry. On a side note though, Nertea actually got the updated patch from me. :wink: (See below) Though I like your idea of increasing the HalfLife of the RLA RTG, so I'll probably do that in my own install as well. (I use Stock Size Real Solar System, so it takes awhile to get out to the further planets.)

Edited by CoriW

4 minutes ago, CoriW said:

Ah yeah, thought it was a typo. Sorry if I came off as rude or anything I typed that up in a hurry. On a side note though, Nertea actually got the updated patch from me. :wink: (See below) Though I like your idea of increasing the HalfLife of the RLA RTG, so I'll probably do that in my own install as well. (I use Stock Size Real Solar System, so it takes awhile to get out to the further planets.)

:)

• 2 weeks later...

This mod is a must have! Especially all the small parts!

Here's a craft I made:

Cy4n Corp. GmbH LTD Inc. Federation Co. LLC ™ ®  presents:

THE MUNA II LANDER! 

As seen on TV!

S6XutUu.png

Land on most muns up to 5 times or more! 

Do ALL OF THE SCIENCE!!! 

For the low, low price of just Fund_char.png35,370.99!* 

*Only at participating locations. Orbital refueling station not included.

Edited by Osmium

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, cy4n said:

With the new 1.2 pre-release parts, you might want to start work on RLA Porkalike.

@hoojiwana hasn't logged in since July 23rd... Not to declare this mod dead, but I suggest we don't hold our breaths.

EDIT: Though his license would allow for people to do an 'RLA Stockalike Continued'

Edited by CobaltWolf

12 minutes ago, StevieC said:

On the bright side, even if nobody does update this mod to fully utilize the improved functionality of stock KSP, the parts should still work, generally-speaking, yes?

Yes, in most cases part-only mods shouldn't be broken by 1.2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2016 at 7:10 AM, CobaltWolf said:

@hoojiwana hasn't logged in since July 23rd... Not to declare this mod dead, but I suggest we don't hold our breaths.

EDIT: Though his license would allow for people to do an 'RLA Stockalike Continued'

I'll do it unless someone more competent volunteers. 

I'll load it up and see what happens

Edit: Everything appears to be working on a cursory examination. Electric engines drain fuel and EC, the small rtg works, etc. The only 'problem' is that the panels and RTG are still under the 'utility' tab instead of being reorganized under "electric"

Edited by oniontrain

On 10/13/2016 at 0:11 AM, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

PM'd @hoojiwana to see how he feels about someone else maintaining the mod.

I don't think he'll respond, he hasn't been on since july 23d, I may be new to the KSP forum, but I'm not new to forums in general, if it's been that long since he last visited he probably won't, I'd also like to note that the probe cores in this mod won't work unless you add an antenna at the moment, they also don't have kerbnet access.

1 hour ago, Zorathex said:

I don't think he'll respond,

Yeah you're probably right, but I had to try. Alright I'll get on this next chance I get, can we get a list going of things that need fixing? So far I have: 

- Move to RCSFX module

- Probe antennas / kerbnet

- electric engine balance?

Anything else?

34 minutes ago, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

Yeah you're probably right, but I had to try. Alright I'll get on this next chance I get, can we get a list going of things that need fixing? So far I have: 

- Move to RCSFX module

- Probe antennas / kerbnet

- electric engine balance?

Anything else?

- Probe core hibernation

I had a problem in some of the structural parts would not load in 1.2.  Under author's name the particular parts had module = Strut, while other parts had module=Part, after making this change they loaded fine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.