Am I the first one to circumnavigate Kerbin by land?

Wooks

Someone did the Mun in a sort of far Lands Or Bust style, and did a tour of old landers and bases from earlier flights, it was interesting to read as he approached each landmark :)

Wooks, you really outdid yourself with this though, circumnavigating Kerbin is definitely no small achievement :D

Wait, you spent over 2600 hours real time driving around Kerbin.

Jan 24 --> August 11th is 199 days. You spent an average of 13+ hours per day, EVERY DAY, driving your rover?

Not THAT much, I knew I was going to get bored really fast trying to do it in long sessions so I settled on a weekly schedule: around 3 / 6 hours of gameplay for this save each week, plus 1 or 2 hours of editing the video. The whole series is 24 episodes long so it may have been something more like 80/120 hours for the whole trip.

Someone did the Mun in a sort of far Lands Or Bust style, and did a tour of old landers and bases from earlier flights, it was interesting to read as he approached each landmark :)

Wooks, you really outdid yourself with this though, circumnavigating Kerbin is definitely no small achievement :D

I'd love to see that one, I'm guessing the files and images are lost... or it is possible to find them? Anyway, I tought about doing the Mun next and visit the anomalies and easter eggs, but I need to take a little break before doing all that stuff again.

And circumnavigating Kerbin was way, way harder than I tought it would be, is easy to forget that Kerbin is one of the largest bodies on the Kerbol system.

Edited by Wooks

wait a minute, you have not really circumnavigated by land, because a good part of your journey is done on a boat, so this really is a circumnavigation with combined land and boat.

To claim circumnavigation by land, the ocean should be crossed by driving a rover along the sea floor.

Slightly off-topic, but if you think Wooks' journey is crazily amazing (I do), you should check out the videos by the dude who's walking to the Minecraft Far Lands. That's a place in a Minecraft map that's about 12.5 million meters from the spawn point. For comparison, Kerbin's circumference is about 3.8 million meters. Keep in mind that one can move at about 4-5 m/s on foot in Minecraft, and there's no handy 4x timewarp. Also, there are monsters by night.

wait a minute, you have not really circumnavigated by land, because a good part of your journey is done on a boat, so this really is a circumnavigation with combined land and boat.

To claim circumnavigation by land, the ocean should be crossed by driving a rover along the sea floor.

You got me, for a moment there I tought you were serious ;D

not-sure-if-fry-685x325.jpg

Slightly off-topic, but if you think Wooks' journey is crazily amazing (I do), you should check out the videos by the dude who's walking to the Minecraft Far Lands. That's a place in a Minecraft map that's about 12.5 million meters from the spawn point. For comparison, Kerbin's circumference is about 3.8 million meters. Keep in mind that one can move at about 4-5 m/s on foot in Minecraft, and there's no handy 4x timewarp. Also, there are monsters by night.

I follow Kurtjmac on youtube :P

You got me, for a moment there I tought you were serious ;D

http://www.upliftt.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/not-sure-if-fry-685x325.jpg

It is an impressive feat to circumnavigate, but boats are faster than rovers, and achievements should go by the slowest mode of movement used. If I circumnavigated by a combination of plane and rover, I should count it as an air circumnavigation because a plane was used, and travelling by air lowered the difficulty.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.