Naval Battle Club

astecarmyman

Battle Update!

So it looks like the destroyer you fired upon in space is completely gone. Most likely it was marked as debris. That means I have no functioning ships left with weapons, and you won the space battle. However, I have one question: The Hydra was completely out of fuel, did you have to use infinite fuel to reach my ship?

On land, I caught a lucky break. The other scout bike moves in and readies both its side missile to fire at once. It's a hit!

VXeITnB.png

Knocked the top off of the tank that had two shots left.

RNqKcG4.png

Now, if I'm correct, I have two functioning vehicles (the scout bike, which still has its center missile, and the heavy tank that's on the hill), and you only have one missile left to shoot me with, so I think I've won the ground battle.

PERSISTENT?

Battle Update!

So it looks like the destroyer you fired upon in space is completely gone. Most likely it was marked as debris. That means I have no functioning ships left with weapons, and you won the space battle. However, I have one question: The Hydra was completely out of fuel, did you have to use infinite fuel to reach my ship?

On land, I caught a lucky break. The other scout bike moves in and readies both its side missile to fire at once. It's a hit!

http://i.imgur.com/VXeITnB.png

Knocked the top off of the tank that had two shots left.

http://i.imgur.com/RNqKcG4.png

Now, if I'm correct, I have two functioning vehicles (the scout bike, which still has its center missile, and the heavy tank that's on the hill), and you only have one missile left to shoot me with, so I think I've won the ground battle.

PERSISTENT?

The reason the hydra was out of fuel is because I burned the rest of it to change the orbit. (I'm not gonna make it easy for ya xD)

I guess we call it a draw? (I want to challenge you to a new ground battle, I've developed a powerful new tank. And a new 88mm anti-tank gun.)

I think I'm going to join the battle sometime soon.

Company Name: Eastern Kerbin Republic. Base: KSC.

Special weapons: Cluster missile I built earlier. Good for an attack over a wide area.

Flag:

v5oe7oh.png

The reason the hydra was out of fuel is because I burned the rest of it to change the orbit. (I'm not gonna make it easy for ya xD)

I guess we call it a draw? (I want to challenge you to a new ground battle, I've developed a powerful new tank. And a new 88mm anti-tank gun.)

I'd like to do a ground battle.

Sure. Is it the troll tank that you used against Comrade Jenkens? Or another design? I have some new tanks, too. If you want, we could choose some other terrain besides KSC. Might make it more interesting.

While I've been making my move in my battle against daemon (which has taken a bit of time due to PC issues :( ), I've created a new MU warship.

m3xAJo3.png

The SX-5 Orbital Supremacy Vehicle is a multipurpose combat starship manufactured by the Mechani Union. It carries lots of firepower (up to 2 1.25m weapons and a ton of smaller i-beam/guided rounds), and has the capability to "burn-in" (drop from orbit) paratrooper drop-pods.

The ship is also coated in MU-brand H.A.R.D. reactive/"hybrid" armor, and is designed to ensure maximum survivability in combat.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Stats:

Parts: just under 400 (with weapons loaded)

Mass: Roughly 60-70 tons

Crew: Two, with more in the drop-pods, plus redundant AI (probe core) controls in-case of crew incapacitation.

Powerplant: Twin LV-N NERVAs, with RCS subsystems.

Scriptkitt3h: damn that thing looks nice! if I could give rep here I would!

Can anyone suggest a more effective compact weapon? Everything I've developed is incapable of damaging anything. The smallest viable weapon I've seen is the I beam / sepertron combination but those are still large and heavy.

I've been testing my first ship on KSP but it cannot damage anything. :/

Seen here next to Daemon's ship which it is based off.

bCR5GBV.png

Can anyone suggest a more effective compact weapon? Everything I've developed is incapable of damaging anything. The smallest viable weapon I've seen is the I beam / sepertron combination but those are still large and heavy.

http://i.imgur.com/bCR5GBV.png

Thanks for the compliment!

As for making smaller, useable weapons in KSP, I still personally make the ship/surface craft before focusing on arming it, but I'll give you a small tip:

The smaller/less impact-tolerant your missile, the faster it needs to fly. (It also helps to spam-fire smaller, weaker rounds to generate a sort of "kinetic overload" effect on armored targets.)

I'd also recommend experimenting with missiles based off of the smaller structural, science, and utility parts, as they can be quite useful in designing munitions.

Hmm... I need to create a fleet air-defense-asset to defend my aircraft carrier. Should I go for a trimaran-style or a conventional style hull? (My AIM-9X has a reinforced warhead... but my new VLS Steel Pike missiles are more effective. :) )

I prefer to base it off of this:

JPgwDZw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bCR5GBV.png

Why did you base your ship on one of my non-military designs? xD

Atmospheric weapons are much less effective than orbital weapons due to atmospheric drag. Try using guided missiles or flamethrowers.

Why did you base your ship on one of my non-military designs? xD

Atmospheric weapons are much less effective than orbital weapons due to atmospheric drag. Try using guided missiles or flamethrowers.

A flamethrower ship is equivalent to a turtle ship esque ram. XD

I have no idea how to make naval vessels so I thought a small ship would be a nice starting place. :)

The Independence LCS was my first ship... and I expected it to be a dismal failure. It actually works really well, though.

I have no idea how, but I got a good template on my first naval vessel. The key is a rigid structure, a structural plate base, and intake skipping madness.

The Independence LCS was my first ship... and I expected it to be a dismal failure. It actually works really well, though.

I have no idea how, but I got a good template on my first naval vessel. The key is a rigid structure, a structural plate base, and intake skipping madness.

I've not used a single intake to skip on! saves part count.

the idea of using the long I beams to choose how high the ship floats is a really good one.

I've not used a single intake to skip on! saves part count.

the idea of using the long I beams to choose how high the ship floats is a really good one.

Hmm... I'm probably going to use no intakes on the Ticonderoga esque cruiser, then. Time to see if the ship can carry some of my new weapons.

I've set up for the battle, Astecarmyman. How about this for rules: No more than 5 vehicles, no more than 55 tons, and stay within 5km of the "battlefield" flag. Air vehicles are fine but have tonnage doubled like before. I set up the battle on the northwest of the continent KSC is on. You can use Hyperedit lander with coordinates 15.71, 264.89. The "battlefield" flag is just next to those coordinates.

I have 4 vehicles with a total weight of just under 50 tons.

PERSISTENT

While I've been making my move in my battle against daemon (which has taken a bit of time due to PC issues :( ), I've created a new MU warship.

http://i.imgur.com/m3xAJo3.png

The SX-5 Orbital Supremacy Vehicle is a multipurpose combat starship manufactured by the Mechani Union. It carries lots of firepower (up to 2 1.25m weapons and a ton of smaller i-beam/guided rounds), and has the capability to "burn-in" (drop from orbit) paratrooper drop-pods.

The ship is also coated in MU-brand H.A.R.D. reactive/"hybrid" armor, and is designed to ensure maximum survivability in combat.

http://imgur.com/a/hQGN3

Stats:

Parts: just under 400 (with weapons loaded)

Mass: Roughly 60-70 tons

Crew: Two, with more in the drop-pods, plus redundant AI (probe core) controls in-case of crew incapacitation.

Powerplant: Twin LV-N NERVAs, with RCS subsystems.

Are you planning to continue our battle?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.