Naval Battle Club

astecarmyman

So, I managed to fully update the good 'ol SX-3 Ingressor-Class pocket destroyer for 0.25, adding more fuel, better armor, a backup ion drive, and a better rear hull.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The SX-3 MKII will be released on my company thread and quite likely on HatBat's "Military Series Ship Submissions" thread.

Also, Zekes: the persist is being set up as I type this. :P

I'll have the post up in a minute, but the tonnage limit (per ship) will likely be 200 tons (this is to give plenty of overhead), and since I'm setting up, you may go first. :P

alright, sounds good! I can't wait!

//!/BATTLE ALERT/!//

Mechani Union VS. Zokesia Skunkworks

Battle of Vall: Operation Frostburn

/Rules:/

All combat must take place within Vall's SOI.

Ships may *ATTEMPT* to land on Vall in case of emergency, but this is high-risk.

The max firing range has been upped to 3km, for guided munitions. (This will help combat lag.) However, firing while in-view of the target is encouraged.

Maximum fleet size is four ships. It is recommended that 1/2 be medium/light and 1/2 be heavy.

Max tonnage (per ship) is 200.

All kraken-tech (K-Drive, K-Bomb, etc.) is 100% BANNED.

Scavenging for ammo is allowed, but counts as a turn. However, this also counts for re-fuels from a tanker (which may be brought in and then deleted if you choose to take a scavenging turn). However, no ammo-respawning is allowed. PERIOD.

A ship is not dead via loss of control if it still has a working probe core onboard. Otherwise, standard death rules apply.

Following the discovery of the "Vallhenge" by the MU, a small MU OFI (Office of Fleet Intelligence) task force was sent out to secure Vall's SOI while research ships were being prepped.

However, the MU weren't the only group interested in the frozen Joolian moon...

MU TASK FORCE DAUNTLESS:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Your turn, Zekes. :P

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fmvjs2rrzsdymry/persistent%20-%20MUvsZS.sfs?dl=0

//!/BATTLE UPDATE/!//

Child of Darkness and Nachtmahr are XIV-Vs in medium Vall orbit, with Sonne and Tanzwut in lower orbit. Sonne went first, and fired two missiles at Dr. StrangeKerb.

The first missile did pitifully, and just knocked off one panel. The second one did well, and ripped her a bit...

hEp8J7B.png

...and the missile somehow survived, so I went in for a surgical strike on the ammo.

vAWN1rI.png

Now, where have I seen those weapons before? I'm now no longer worried about my Dreks... XD

CIdIg87.png

PERSIST: https://www./?7nxpyqoxkkw292h

//!/BATTLE UPDATE/!//

Child of Darkness and Nachtmahr are XIV-Vs in medium Vall orbit, with Sonne and Tanzwut in lower orbit. Sonne went first, and fired two missiles at Dr. StrangeKerb.

The first missile did pitifully, and just knocked off one panel. The second one did well, and ripped her a bit...

http://i.imgur.com/hEp8J7B.png

...and the missile somehow survived, so I went in for a surgical strike on the ammo.

http://i.imgur.com/vAWN1rI.png

Now, where have I seen those weapons before? I'm now no longer worried about my Dreks... XD

http://i.imgur.com/CIdIg87.png

PERSIST: https://www./?7nxpyqoxkkw292h

Might I ask where the second shot hit my ship?

Also, it looks like the StrangeKerb's got some serious damage, but I still see RCS and propulsion, as well as some i-beams, so it's not done for quite yet. Prepare for i-beams! En Garde!

Might I ask where the second shot hit my ship?

Also, it looks like the StrangeKerb's got some serious damage, but I still see RCS and propulsion, as well as some i-beams, so it's not done for quite yet. Prepare for i-beams! En Garde!

The second hit was just forward of the root of the barrel, i think... it tore off 3/4 missiles on that side and all the barrel armor, which allowed me to hit the other side of the missile stack and knock it out.

Have at me! I do not fear your I-beams! I don't even fear your guides missiles (Since they're carbon copies of mine and I know them better than you, probably XD)

The second hit was just forward of the root of the barrel, i think... it tore off 3/4 missiles on that side and all the barrel armor, which allowed me to hit the other side of the missile stack and knock it out.

Have at me! I do not fear your I-beams! I don't even fear your guides missiles (Since they're carbon copies of mine and I know them better than you, probably XD)

Ahh, that makes sense. The only other time I've ever seen an SX-3 take major damage is when that happened, albeit over two separate attacks with lighter weapons. The only reason my guided rounds are copies of ZS ones is for two reasons:

1. They work well.

2. SRBs are OK, but can't really maneuver at all.

You shouldn't discount i-beams, since I know from experience that I can turn a ship with amazingly strong armor and turn its innards to burnt pulp via i-beams. (If you can find the battle between me and BrightBritches on the old GNBC thread, I used that tactic there to gut his ships while leaving his hulls intact. :P)

Ahh, that makes sense. The only other time I've ever seen an SX-3 take major damage is when that happened, albeit over two separate attacks with lighter weapons. The only reason my guided rounds are copies of ZS ones is for two reasons:

1. They work well.

2. SRBs are OK, but can't really maneuver at all.

You shouldn't discount i-beams, since I know from experience that I can turn a ship with amazingly strong armor and turn its innards to burnt pulp via i-beams. (If you can find the battle between me and BrightBritches on the old GNBC thread, I used that tactic there to gut his ships while leaving his hulls intact. :P)

you're welcome, though. It took me several hours to get the fuel to feed to all three radial engines... they're uber effecive :D But i know you've shot I-beams at the Drek XXV and they didn't do much, so I'm hoping that will hold true. But the #1 way a drek tends to get killed is via gutting... so we'll see.

I got it, it took half an hour but I got it.

And straight away I have to forfeit for 3 reasons:

1: I managed to get a few shots into the drek and dislodged some of it's internal parts as well as blow off it's drop tank and rip a hole in the side. However the drek took up all my ship's ammo and most of the fuel to get there, meaning I had almost disabled my own ship.

2: LAG when I entered the 2.3 km radius around the drek it froze my computer for a few seconds but resumed as normal afterwards, but it got worse. By the time I reached a drek the game was playing at 3 seconds per frame and manoeuvring the ship was almost impossible, please, next time don't put three 600 part ships in load range of each other.

3: Slow internet, the internet on my computer is playing up astoundingly now so posting my turn and uploading the persist is completely impossible for the time being.

Sorry about this but really, I can't fight like this, no-one can. Keep practising on my ships if you'd like as I would like to see what her armour can withstand.

Edited by Megalodon 720

If you want you can move my ships farther apart, I'm sorry I forgot about load distance (I put them at 3km intervals and there wasn't much lag but I realize if you go between them they both load :P sorry about that

if if you really want to quit that's fine, shame the battle was so short

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.