Naval Battle Club

astecarmyman

The independence was also loaded with guided missiles. :P

I call it a draw. :)

I have a wild card :DHMS Warspite. She's a QEII modified to carry 6 AGMs, repositioned engines, and a sleek underbody, for top speed of 33 m/s. And she's still indestructible. Amazingly, she's still almost the exact same part count and weight as the origional. That means i did something right :D

KKxVBN6.jpg

Captain Caloly Kerman, the first Commander of HMS Warspite.

YNcOXJp.jpg

Edited by zekes

I have a wild card :DHMS Warspite. She's a QEII modified to carry 6 AGMs, repositioned engines, and a sleek underbody, for top speed of 33 m/s. And she's still indestructible. Amazingly, she's still almost the exact same part count and weight as the origional. That means i did something right :D

http://i.imgur.com/KKxVBN6.jpg

Captain Caloly Kerman, the first Commander of HMS Warspite.

http://i.imgur.com/YNcOXJp.jpg

Don't forget the independence and all of my naval warships have VTOL landing pads. :)

My DDG-51 also carries 6 missiles. 2 Harpoons and 4 VLS AS-ROC missiles. :)

(And under 800 parts. Those are an awful lot of intakes on the QE. :) )

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I also had 12 VLS ESSM missiles in the front VLS launch cells (For a total of 18 missiles), but the part count approached 900. Guess I'll put them back in to improve the air warfare aspect.

There's so much empty deck space in the front... I have no idea what to put there... for now. :)

NOTE: The DDG-51 is a return to all steel superstructures in KATEC's naval shipbuilding. Our prototypes were cute balsa wood replicas (aka aluminum) but after the Spruance Hulls demonstrated excessive metal fatigue, we decided to use a stronger alloy.

...Polar covalent, covalent, ionic, anion, cation, alloy... 'insane laughing'. :P

EDIT: Harpoon missile flight trials have proved... promising... :)

Jebediah stands solemnly on the wreckage of the JMSDF Takeshima after suffering a carrier killer missile strike.

The Perry... Still works?!?!

YES! I still have a nearly invincible warship. :P

EDIT: Actually, the harpoon is starting to scare me...

:rolleyes::0.0:

Edited by andrew123

-snip-

I want to see what harpoons do against a QE.... can you fling some at it? DL is in my sig. :D I doubt she will take too much damage.

Also, it's got room for some .5m missile boxes up on the amidships, and I'm going to rework the turret weapons.

edit: I just added 6 of spartwo' mini guided missiles to the upper AA deck... Will post pics later

Edited by zekes

I can only attack once per tour, ok; but by attack, what do you mean? am i allowed to fire multiple missile froma single ship to a single target

Yup, the way we play it, you can empty all magazines inside the 2.5km sphere, move the ship away (which helps wonders with lag), then run all the missile attacks one by one. You wouldn't be able to re-arm and try again, though, or salvage midway into the attack: once you start attacking with a ship, you can't use any other until you have finished the attack of the turn. I think. That means guided missiles are more useful than unguided torpedoes... which IMO makes all the sense in the world.

Rune. At least that's how I read the rule.

I can only attack once per tour, ok; but by attack, what do you mean? am i allowed to fire multiple missile from a single ship to a single target

Basically, each turn you may fire upon one enemy ship, but once you finish your attack (either by choice or running out of ammo on your vessel), you must move off and/or end your turn.

Don't forget: ships move in order of tonnage. (A small fighter will move before a large cruiser.:P)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, you can move any of your ships around as much as you want in each turn, but you may only attack one ship each turn, and with only one of your ships. Once that's done, your turn's over.

Hmm, I have a few ship designs, I'd need to modify them and fix them up, but I think they'd make for a fun battle. Just wondering, how do submarines fit into all this? As far as I can tell, they'd be immune to pretty much everything.

They're allowed, but difficult to make.

Also, the 'Victory' Class Mk-IV is finished! And she's the first ship to fly the new Trafalgar flag! (Credit to Vagani for the flag).

ye3cgCZ.png

Pros: Flies the new flag, higher D/V, unbelievably strong, more accurate missiles, less weight, less parts, better looking.

Cons: Slightly lower TWR.

Edited by Megalodon 720
It's they're not their.

Building an actual naval ship:

http://i.imgur.com/qI4CqnH.png

hey! That looks good! I can't wait to see it out at sea.

EDIT: why is everyone making helipads on the back of their ships? I haven't really found a good use for air-sea support, especially with ships that can carry their own AA missiles. Planes just can't deal the kind of damage needed to knock out big ships; and minimissiles are far more effective for killing smaller vessels.

I have completed my proto-fleet; does anyone wish to battle? Standard rules, 5 five ships or 175 tons, belligerent chooses the theater. I do warn that my ships have rather high part counts, but if you are fine with some lag, then it is irrelevant...Considering that this will be my first battle, and I shall be using otherwise untested ships, I shall probably die horribly, but I must begin somehow.

So, any takers?

I have completed my proto-fleet; does anyone wish to battle? Standard rules, 5 five ships or 175 tons, belligerent chooses the theater. I do warn that my ships have rather high part counts, but if you are fine with some lag, then it is irrelevant...Considering that this will be my first battle, and I shall be using otherwise untested ships, I shall probably die horribly, but I must begin somehow.

So, any takers?

I can't, for the simple fact that I don't have any ships anywhere near 35 tonnes :D Sorry

Curse your overly-armored vessels. :D All of my ships seem to be super-light compared to everyone else's, probably because I use intakes and wings rather than girders and plates...Battling you would probably have resulted in my instant death, anyway, considering that you are undefeated against far more experienced opponents. Anyone else?

Edit: Why am I stuck at four posts? The number does not increase! What is this?!:confused:

Curse your overly-armored vessels. :D All of my ships seem to be super-light compared to everyone else's, probably because I use intakes and wings rather than girders and plates...Battling you would probably have resulted in my instant death, anyway, considering that you are undefeated against far more experienced opponents. Anyone else?

Edit: Why am I stuck at four posts? The number does not increase! What is this?!:confused:

posts in game section don't count towards post count.

also, you all might enjoy this:

Hey everyone! New challenge! If you can kill this ship, I'll give you the BRAND NEW Missile-Carrying version early, before ANYONE ELSE GETS IT!

PERSIST HERE: https://www./?9cfhn4f5kq6n4t5

You need to absolutely smash the QEII. No just knocking off the engines, i mean split it into peices, knock out its power, control, or flip it. That doesn't mean throwing it at the ground. I mean, KILL IT WITH WEAPONS. No hacky stuff. GO! (also, I CRAVE PICS so don't forget those :D )

6QRwPaV.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.