Naval Battle Club

astecarmyman

Ok set up and about to take my move.

The CJS Vulcan on approach to Duna

dHZvoXk.png

Fighters undocked and ready for action.

tTyU4L0.png

The CJS Venture is already waiting in a lower orbit. Spare fuel has been mounted to bring the weight to 75,000kg exactly!

JWjt0dN.png

Edited by Frozen_Heart

Ok set up and about to take my move.

The CJS Vulcan on approach to Duna

http://i.imgur.com/dHZvoXk.png

Fighters undocked and ready for action.

http://i.imgur.com/tTyU4L0.png

The CJS Venture is already waiting in a lower orbit. Spare fuel has been mounted to bring the weight to 75,000kg exactly!

http://i.imgur.com/JWjt0dN.png

I like your ships in terms of appearance. They look good (and assuming im seeing this correctly, you made a girder core that you attached stuff to, making it at the least not that suceptible to being cut in half or crippled with a single shot. I too made a few pure for looks vessels, that have minor if any armor, but look much better then my usual armored vessels such as the SK-CRV-III i have below.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Its a great ship part count+armor wise, but it isnt quite the best looking vessel i have around, i did add wings though so it both helps block Ibeams, and makes the craft look a tad better. Im still pretty happy with it, not the bets looking but it isnt ugly either, has decent firepower in the form of Tripedo-S and Ibeam-M weapons, and has decent dV, decent TWR (for a nuke craft), and armor works against most lower level weapons such as Ibeams, and those RT-5/RT-10 torps.

here is my finest creation!!!

it is built exlusively for intense battle situations...

the Destroyer-Py-1

here it is:

hYYOddp.png

it has 15 new flea rockets (re loadable)

and 6 anti-Fighter missiles (re loadable)

one of those got damaged on accent... but it can be re loaded:

2Ptzf2e.png

ZEnxGUo.png

here is a pic. of it firing it's main rockets!

CFYvHjr.png

I'd thought to share it here to announce that i am combat ready for future battles..

Edited by 8bitgammers

Tirepedo resuscitation successful:

D1QYheg.png

Behold what was once a perfectly happy Heavy Drek. It is no longer, for I have unlocked the secrets of spined armor penetration!

Fear me!

EDIT:

That second piece does not actually exist, either-- it immediately disintegrated upon the removal of centrifugal forces that were (somehow) holding it together:

Q5S7vZY.png

Edited by Three1415

I was just waiting for the weekend(which started a day early) I guess you should set up as I have nearly everything but destroyers to play around with.

How effective are those mass driver guns? I myself have experimented with the concept and i find the only advantage to be the fact that you have the ability to hit stuff from point-blank as the projectiles accelerate to max velocity almost instantly. How accurate is it? How much damage does this do to a semi-armored craft? Is it deadly to fighters as id guess its intended use is against?

Also, if u are interested id like to do a battle, i just finished my new bargain corvette (under 280 parts atm not including its launcher), and its not THAT bad armor wise. By no means is it very tough, but it can take quite a beating from 0.6m weapons and from RT-5/RT-10 torps that are tipped with structural penetrators. That said, its kinda useless vs ramming atacks and vs super high end weapons like the popper-H and many of zekes missiles, theres only so much you can do under 300 parts (including guns). The hull is 182 parts unarmed, those Ibeam-M rockets take quite some parts, 6 each and i have 6 of em, not to mention 6 Tripedo-Ss which are if i remember correctly around 10 parts + decoupler.

This is some messing around with it and combat testing, not all that well armored (and its firepower is pitiful at best), but its low on parts, has decent range, and has enough TWR/attitude control to actually have enjoyeable burn times.

Btw, if you are willing to fight me, id be using craft that are roughly 70t, total weight of approx 300t, something like 3-6 ships. Also, ill go by my usual additional rules: no weapons allowed above 2t, and no more then 5t total weapons fired per turn (just to make surviveability possible). My ships are kinda more for fun, but they have the armor to not be wiped out by just looking at them the wrong way, and my weapons are mediocre, i mostly use Ibeams and lightweight 1.3m guided missiles with decent penetration but kinda bad damage that is very reliant on luck (ive actually 1 shotted a drek before, but that happens maybee 1 in 100 shots, ive also managed to 1 shot a drek with Ibeam somehow, so its not impossible to have some crazy luck with your weapons).

Itll take me a sec to set up, so if you would liek to fight me (i have done multiple DMP games but ive yet to actually fight here), just post here and ill have a game ready in a sec, you will ofc be able to go 1st if you wish, im here for fun, not super serious competition.

http://i.imgur.com/D1QYheg.png

Behold what was once a perfectly happy Heavy Drek. It is no longer, for I have unlocked the secrets of spined armor penetration!

Fear me!

EDIT:

That second piece does not actually exist, either-- it immediately disintegrated upon the removal of centrifugal forces that were (somehow) holding it together:

http://i.imgur.com/Q5S7vZY.png

Tirepedo? Are u using something along the lines of zamovinar's weapons he has on his ships that utilize tires? I actually have a weapons called a Tripedo-M thats got a good 50% chance of completely obliterating a drek 12P with good aim to its weakspots, sadly they are kinda heavy at 5t, and they have 15 parts if i remember right, very much prefer my weaker Tripedo-Ss that are 1.5t+10 parts and are super accurate and good for targeting crucial systems, just no obliterating with 1 shot with any reliability.

Edited by panzer1b

EOmKUm7.png

t1TkV0z.png

4koERkt.png

It's time to dust off these babies, get them ready for the fight...

- - - Updated - - -

http://i.imgur.com/D1QYheg.png

Fear me!

EDIT:

http://i.imgur.com/Q5S7vZY.png

tirepedo craft?

http://i.imgur.com/EOmKUm7.png

http://i.imgur.com/t1TkV0z.png

http://i.imgur.com/4koERkt.png

It's time to dust off these babies, get them ready for the fight...

While they look neat (and very unique), they dont look like much of a threat, they are just puny little biological looking things. I bet you AKS will beat those things any day of the year, afterall, machine race (AKS doesnt use any kerbals, just probe cores) >>> biological race (based on those looks im guessing your going for that alien vibe)!

As the first person to use a cannon on a military ship way back in the previous Macey Dean days (what everyone annoyingly calls MAC Guns or Mass Drivers) I've had a lot of experience testing them. I find them to be only moderately accurate but very destructive.

The best design is a single thruster rather than multiples. I use a cartridge of several steel plate "pellets". These easily penetrate the infinitesimally thin metal plates of enemy ships and damage interior components.

Tirepedo? Are u using something along the lines of zamovinar's weapons he has on his ships that utilize tires?

Indeed, as wheels are now the most durable parts in the game (the Ruggidized Vehicular Wheel has 300 m/s impact tolerance) following the nerf of Structural Pylons; thus, I am using them as warheads.

I actually have a weapons called a Tripedo-M thats got a good 50% chance of completely obliterating a drek 12P with good aim to its weakspots, sadly they are kinda heavy at 5t, and they have 15 parts if i remember right

As seems to be the case generally, my missile is more effective than yours (~85% of impacts do damage comparable to that found in the images I posted) but is less efficient than yours at 7.0 tons and 30 parts. This, however, I am quite happy with; I shall arm my dreadnought tonight.

EDIT:

As the first person to use a cannon on a military ship way back in the previous Macey Dean days (what everyone annoyingly calls MAC Guns or Mass Drivers) I've had a lot of experience testing them. I find them to be only moderately accurate but very destructive.

Hmm--that is the exact opposite of what I have found, but granted I performed only limited experimentation very early in my ship-building days...I have a rather different approach to close-range combat.

Actually, I think I now know what my next ship will be...*Commences construction of barrage cruiser"

Edited by Three1415

As seems to be the case generally, my missile is more effective than yours (~85% of impacts do damage comparable to that found in the images I posted) but is less efficient than yours at 7.0 tons and 30 parts. This, however, I am quite happy with; I shall arm my dreadnought tonight.

My Tripedo-H is 7t and 10 parts, GUARANTEED to wipe out ANYTHING ive yet to fire it at. Id love your hull segment to see if you are the 1st to actually defend against that overpowered weapon of mine (details im not disclosing, nor will i ever use it as its no fun to 1 shot everyone you meet). Ill onbly show the entire weapon once i discover a ship that can actually defend against it (it has based on a test i did a few weeks ago, 95% chance to obliterate a 12P into like 10 parts, nothing remaining, and 100% chance of massive critical damage assuming i actually hit said vessel and dont entirtely miss) assuming i come in at the optimal angle, there are a few angles that 12p can survive like over 50% of the time.

The best design is a single thruster rather than multiples. I use a cartridge of several steel plate "pellets". These easily penetrate the infinitesimally thin metal plates of enemy ships and damage interior components.

Id love to see an effectivce design, most of my mass drivers (or whatever you want to call them) suck to the point that they are worthless against anything but fighters/unarmored vessels. Ive yet to manage to kill any of my capital ships (nor do critical damage) with mass drivers. Maybee i cant build them well, anyone have a good working effective mass driver that i could look at to see what makes it good?

Edited by panzer1b

Actually, I can give you a hull segment now that my armor is complete--give me a minute...

just please keep it below 800 parts (thats more or less my limit for physics, go above it and odd stuff starts to happen like weapons doing 0 damage or completely obliterating a ship when they never did it at lower part counts when phys was working as intended), i ONLY need a segment (im gonna be testing it broadside), and place some useful stuff inside it too such as fuel tanks, i wanna see whether it damaged hull itself, and also whether itll be capable of phasing thru and destroying insides.

if your hull can survive a hit from a Tripedo-H, then you may have created one of the toughest hulls around (even if its not very part count/weight practical).

Edited by panzer1b

just please keep it below 800 parts

I can probably get a decent-size segment down to about ~300; however, it will take a bit longer (especially if KSP keeps crashing). Also, not for the first time do I wish KSP had a drag-select feature.

I can probably get a decent-size segment down to about ~300; however, it will take a bit longer (especially if KSP keeps crashing). Also, not for the first time do I wish KSP had a drag-select feature.

thatd be great, and yeah i hate the drag/symmetry lag feature especially when you have extremely excessive part count (imaging people making a 2000 part ship, i dont know HOW thatd ever work). Anyways, do what you can, anywhere from 300-800 will work for me, my comp isnt too bad for single ships (i can actually load a derk12P on my machine), its just very bad when i bring a ship near it that itself is 300+ parts and armed with unguided weapons i cant fire outside of render range.

- - - Updated - - -

For anyone who is willing to give me a battle, here is a quicksave i made around dres.

http://www./download/87fapp6p5aqlzbx/AKSTechnologiesBattleDres300tLimit.sfs

This is my 1st true battle so again, im looking for some fun (and to test if my armor is as bad as i think it is).

I have deployed 4 ~75 ton ships, so a 300t limit, and try to keep your vessels roughly comparable to mine, i dont mind facing 3 slightly heavier or 5 slightly lights ect, but plz try to keep your fleet close in number to mine (this means not 10 small vessels, or one super behemoth).

Also, rules that i run with:

* Maximum weapon mass for any weapon (including fuel and decouplers if the decouplers come off of the ship and dont remain attached) is 2t, please dont go over this as theres just no way to even try to defend against super massive instakill weapons.

* Maximum of 5t of ordinance fired per turn (this means you add teh mass of each round).

* No kraken weapons, NaN weapons, bugs, glitches, exploits, and anything that you would consider unfair if it was used against you.

* Stock except you may (if you really want to) use MJ for its autopilot (i wont myself but i understand not all players are that great at redezvousing), i have parts installed so if you place the ar202 or whatnot on your ship ill be able to load this.

* Keep your vessels below 400 parts please for the sake of my computer (i can have 2 400 part ships loaded at once, nothing more).

* If lag is a major concern you may launch a guided weapons from 6km away IF you slow it down to 0 relative velocity when it reached 2.5km, to simulate launches from that distance but make you not forced to bear with the lag of 2 massive ships in one area.

* Other rules can be negotiated but i generally go with all other rules as is on 1st page.

Good luck and have fun to anyone who would be willing to give my ships a fight. May the best player win :D

Edited by panzer1b

Here it is.

However, due to the way the armor is braced, this segment is not quite as strong as it is on my actual ship; aim towards the back center for results closest to what my armor can actually withstand.

here is what my tripedo-H does to your hull:

I did one shot and took a screenshot, period, no save scumming to get better results, i ONLY quickloaded after taking a picture of the damage. Weapon was fired from exactly 2km stationary every time. Note, the red circle is me censoring the weapon, id rather not give anyone the idea of how to make a 9part weapon that is UNDER 7t that basically nullifies any form of armor. Its so overpowered (for the part count and weight) this will NEVER see a public fight EVER!

That said, you hull is AMAZING against my Tripedo-S and Tripedo-M, both of those have insanely tough time doing anything (once i knocked a nice section off with the M but it was kinda luckshot, and the S just desintegrated every time on the hull doing minor is any damage). Surprisingly a few times your hull survived relatively intact even vs the H.

exact specs of the Tripedo-H is 9.48t, 9 parts (10 if you count decoupler that would have been used to mount it to something).

Btw, would you be willing to upload the whole ship. I just want to give it a try (even if its unlikely ill be able to load it without lagfesting to death). I just want to see if the whole ship is stronger then this hull segment (and how much dmg my Tripedo-H does to it).

Edited by panzer1b

I did one shot and took a screenshot, period, no save scumming to get better results, i ONLY quickloaded after taking a picture of the damage. Weapon was fired from exactly 2km stationary every time. Note, the red circle is me censoring the weapon, id rather not give anyone the idea of how to make a 9part weapon that is UNDER 7t that basically nullifies any form of armor. Its so overpowered (for the part count and weight) this will NEVER see a public fight EVER!

That said, you hull is AMAZING against my Tripedo-S and Tripedo-M, both of those have insanely tough time doing anything (once i knocked a nice section off with the M but it was kinda luckshot, and the S just desintegrated every time on the hull doing minor is any damage). Surprisingly a few times your hull survived relatively intact even vs the H.

Those results were more or less what I expected. The major problem versus extremely powerful warheads is not that the armor itself is destroyed, but rather that it is knocked off due to structural failures, and the amount of struts necessary to prevent that from happening would be mind-boggling. However, I note with pride that, although sections were removed, they were rarely actually destroyed. :P

Btw, would you be willing to upload the whole ship. I just want to give it a try (even if its unlikely ill be able to load it without lagfesting to death). I just want to see if the whole ship is stronger then this hull segment (and how much dmg my Tripedo-H does to it).

It is only slightly stronger; the moment of inertia of the longer girder columns and generally better bracing results in more rigidity and a slightly more difficult time removing components and armor sections. Its main strength is that it is simply bigger; judging by the amount of damage a single Tripedo-H did to it, you would presumably require at least ten to incapacitate it fully. Regardless, here you go:

Full ship

Also, the censor dot you drew eerily resembles what Duna's "core" looked like after I destroyed large sections of it with [REDACTED]. Actually, I do not even know if [REDACTED] is still functional in 1.0.2; I need to go test it again (probably tomorrow)...

Those results were more or less what I expected. The major problem versus extremely powerful warheads is not that the armor itself is destroyed, but rather that it is knocked off due to structural failures, and the amount of struts necessary to prevent that from happening would be mind-boggling. However, I note with pride that, although sections were removed, they were rarely actually destroyed. :P

It is only slightly stronger; the moment of inertia of the longer girder columns and generally better bracing results in more rigidity and a slightly more difficult time removing components and armor sections. Its main strength is that it is simply bigger; judging by the amount of damage a single Tripedo-H did to it, you would presumably require at least ten to incapacitate it fully. Regardless, here you go:

Full ship

Also, the censor dot you drew eerily resembles what Duna's "core" looked like after I destroyed large sections of it with [REDACTED]. Actually, I do not even know if [REDACTED] is still functional in 1.0.2; I need to go test it again (probably tomorrow)...

My 1st attempt (i will do more tests tomora to see what the kill rate is).

4laizKr.png

Its extremely tough to destroy sections, but....

The ship is kaput :confused:

i think this concludes the fact that the Tripedo-H is bloody OVERPOWERED and shall NEVER see active duty! Btw, while i know u have no hard evidence, thsi was done with a 9, YES NINE! part missile thats UNDER 7 TONS! Other then being kinda awkward to use (lemme give you guys a hint teh weapon is not a standard size and its larger diameter then the 2.5m tanks despite being stubby and short) as the shape doesnt make it easy to transport or mount on ships, it is not very heavy or difficult to transport in large amounts, mounting points aside.

Edited by panzer1b

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.