Naval Battle Club

astecarmyman

That looks like my MAELSTROM TANK aside from the turret. Did you get my file?

http://imgur.com/a/k4fkK

I know! If I sent the craft file though you would see it is an entirely original design. I did get some inspiration for the side armor from seeing the maelstrom a very long time ago. But with my armor layout it turned out looking very similar. Entirely original still though. Maelstrom was always one of my favorites so I think the general design ended up sticking in my head.

I know! If I sent the craft file though you would see it is an entirely original design. I did get some inspiration for the side armor from seeing the maelstrom a very long time ago. But with my armor layout it turned out looking very similar. Entirely original still though. Maelstrom was always one of my favorites so I think the general design ended up sticking in my head.

Well that explains a lot lol. But I really liked your turret compared to mine and it rotates too (it does right?)

Well that explains a lot lol. But I really liked your turret compared to mine and it rotates too (it does right?)

It rotates 360 degrees yeah! Exactly the same as the lynx turret but has a tougher bearing. Still even if it looks like the maelstrom it is built entirely different.

JGZ8Lct.jpg

This thread seems fairly dead...I shall try to breathe some life back into it: Anyone for a battle?

I have completed my fleet, and thus can do a battle of nearly any tonnage (though I would prefer somewhere in the 150-250 and 4-6 ship range); Pol seems a good location.

My only requirement is that, in addition to the NBC's standard rules, my opponent and I must obey the following condition: No more than ten tons of armament may be fired in a single turn, and no missile more than five tons in mass may be used.

This thread seems fairly dead...I shall try to breathe some life back into it: Anyone for a battle?

I have completed my fleet, and thus can do a battle of nearly any tonnage (though I would prefer somewhere in the 150-250 and 4-6 ship range); Pol seems a good location.

My only requirement is that, in addition to the NBC's standard rules, my opponent and I must obey the following condition: No more than ten tons of armament may be fired in a single turn, and no missile more than five tons in mass may be used.

I will battle with you at 160 tons and use 4 of these ships.

A.E.S. Nouveau

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500]

[TR]

[TD]Name[/TD]

[TD]Nouveau-class Destroyer[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Delta-V[/TD]

[TD]11,000 M/S[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Parts[/TD]

[TD]177[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Propulsion[/TD]

[TD]2x LV-N NERV Atomic Rocket Motor,6x IX-6315 "Dawn"

Electric Propulsion System[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Armament[/TD]

[TD]2x RT-5 Flea Guided SRB Missiles, 2x High Velocity I Beam Separatron Missiles[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Armor[/TD]

[TD]Class 3:(80 m/s core and plating, with some being less)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I would battle but I need to update some ships. Having to replace all the fuel tanks with the LF ones.

Oh, yeah. All my ships were built after that, and so they don't have the issue. When that problem exists, how do you fix it? Is the internal structure torn out and replaced, or what?

I will battle with you at 160 tons and use 4 of these ships.

Excellent! I shall set up as soon as possible. My ships will be of more varied tonnage, probably ~85-40-20-12; I will give further details when I have access to them later today.

Oh, yeah. All my ships were built after that, and so they don't have the issue. When that problem exists, how do you fix it? Is the internal structure torn out and replaced, or what?

I grew sufficiently irritated with this issue that I simply scrapped all vessels utilizing liquid fuel and now employ ions as the sole means of propulsion (though this was in the days immediately after 1.0, when liquid fuel tanks still had massively sub-par capacity); I would imagine that the exchange would require a complete refit of the vessel due to the liquid fuel tanks' more awkward shape (though the Mk I tanks may be more suitable for direct replacement).

Excellent! I shall set up as soon as possible. My ships will be of more varied tonnage, probably ~85-40-20-12; I will give further details when I have access to them later today.

I grew sufficiently irritated with this issue that I simply scrapped all vessels utilizing liquid fuel and now employ ions as the sole means of propulsion (though this was in the days immediately after 1.0, when liquid fuel tanks still had massively sub-par capacity); I would imagine that the exchange would require a complete refit of the vessel due to the liquid fuel tanks' more awkward shape (though the Mk I tanks may be more suitable for direct replacement).

Me too, my ships use ions as an interplanetary method. The nukes are for maneuver. Hopefully my ships will be somewhat useful...

Tear out what you can and whatever is left is drained for the most part of Oxidiser, the remainder serves as propellant for the verniers.

N97l6b4.png

I hope you are okay with my total tonnage slightly exceeding 160 (it is ~164); my ships are as follows:

The C3V Ohm, an Omega Class Fighter:

cjCZLY3.png

Design Statistics:

Mass: 12.9 tons

Delta-v: 3460 m/s

Armament:

1 x Twin Chaingun (3 rounds)

1 x Flamethrower

Armor: Type E-LP [Encased, light plate], Class I

The C3V Linnaeus, a Dynastinae Class Bomber:

dF0yIav.png

Design Statistics:

Mass: 19.9 tons

Delta-v: 4550 m/s

Armament:

1 x Single Chaingun, 6 rounds

6 x "Wheel of Misfortune" Rockets

1 x Flamethrower

Armor: Type E-BPA [Encased, braced ablative plate], Class IV

The C3V Mach, a Lachrymeum Class Gunship

TN6RuEK.png

Design Statistics:

Mass: 42.9 tons

Delta-v: 4550 m/s

Armament:

6 x I-Beam Rockets

2 x "Neutron" Microtorpedo

2 x "Schism" Torpedo

Armor: E-(BP)1.5, Class V [Encased, one-and-a-half-layer braced plate]

The C3V Schrödinger, a Photon Class Ion Frigate and Flagship of Strike Force Upsilon-19:

QHNM0tz.png

Design Statistics:

Mass: 88.9 tons

Delta-v: 11,110 m/s

Armament:

6 x I-Beam Rockets

6 x Microtorpedo

Armor: E-(BP)2.5, Class VI [Encased, two-and-a-half-layer braced plate]

Total Tonnage: 164.4 tons

Final Orbits:

eUzWSjd.png

Battle Context: Strike Force Upsilon-19 has been mobilized to establish orbital dominance over Pol in an attempt to provide a suitable base of operations in the Joolian system. An Alphasian fleet of comparable tonnage is anticipated to intercept; however, as its probable composition is unknown, Strike Force Upsilon-19 has been provided a variety of weapons, armor, and engine equipment sufficiently versatile to effectively combat any response.

Due to Pol's low mass and density (and thus low maneuver costs), and the anticipated high range of all craft operating in the Joolian system, the arrangement of strike craft to limit available intercepts has been largely foregone; the fleet now merely waits for any enemy response.

As I have a lower median craft mass, and am thus at something of a disadvantage, I would like to request that I receive the first turn; however, you may have it if you wish.

Persist

Edited by Three1415

So, how does setup work? I hyperedit the ships into orbits around pol at different altitudes? Also, you can have first turn.

EDIT: KSP crashes when my computer is running above a certain temperature on startup. I will need some extra time to setup.

Edited by Alphasus

Like Spartwo said, you're allowed to place your ships all in one clump, but for the sake of your opponent's computer, please don't. Instead, put them at different heights around the planet/moon.
Doesn't have to be different but for everyone's sake, yes.

Thanks, will proceed then.

The 5th Alphasian fleet, stationed in the Joolian system arrives in Pol orbit to fight against Strike Force Upsilon 9. The fleet is composed of:

A.E.S Nouveau 1, a 50 ton ship equipped with 2 I-beam rockets and 2 1.25 m guided missiles.

A.E.S Nouveau 2, a ship of the same class as nouveau one, equipped with the same armament, and Nouveau 3, of the same class and same armament.

An extra fighter was brought along, a Tiger-class Light fighter weighing 10 tons.

The fleet is ready.

https://www./download/4ycnb3mxhrrk93q/BattleAtPol.sfs

The 5th Alphasian fleet, stationed in the Joolian system arrives in Pol orbit to fight against Strike Force Upsilon 9. The fleet is composed of:

A.E.S Nouveau 1, a 50 ton ship equipped with 2 I-beam rockets and 2 1.25 m guided missiles.

A.E.S Nouveau 2, a ship of the same class as nouveau one, equipped with the same armament, and Nouveau 3, of the same class and same armament.

An extra fighter was brought along, a Tiger-class Light fighter weighing 10 tons.

The fleet is ready.

Wonderful; I shall take my turn immediately...

Turn Summary: Due to uncertainty as to the ability of the Ohm's weapons to penetrate the armor of the Noveau-class warships, it was mobilized to attack and disable the opponent's light fighter rather than engage heavier targets. As a result of its limited ammunition capacity, theOhm was cleared to utilize all on-board weaponry in the opposing fighter's destruction. The Ohmrendezvoused with its target quickly and without incident.

As per standard attack protocol, the target was engaged from close range with the Ohm's twin chaingun rather than immediately expend its more valuable flamethrower ammunition.

biCXkNy.png

IvNzd8z.png

The first shot had comparatively little effect, merely shearing off one of the fighter's missiles; the Ohmwas authorized to close the distance still further and attempt to destroy the Tiger's central xenon stack.

YLqXgor.png

XIZcCiA.png

However, this attempt again failed to cause major damage to the target, this time only disabling a solar panel. As a result, the Ohm was authorized to close to point-blank range and discharge another volley.

MRwS7hI.png

uHUj7MZ.png

This shot scored a direct hit on the xenon canisters, causing the fighter as a whole to disintegrate into its component parts. Though several pieces (such as missiles) and the capsule itself survived intact, as they are capable of neither movement nor power generation the fighter has been declared neutralized.

Following the destruction of the Tiger, the Ohm, lacking salvaging equipment, was directed to reposition into a high polar orbit and await further instructions.

END OF TURN SUMMARY

Persist

Pol Battle Turn 2

Mission Brief: To take out our near equal in weight class, it was projected before the battle that a Nouveau-class would be needed. This was all the more proven when the Tiger was destroyed. However, contrary to my expectation, the missiles that the Tiger shares with the Nouveau are capable of destroying a Lachrymeum-class gunship.Anyway, the Nouveau moved within 200m of the C3V Mach and fired its 1.25 m missiles. The first missile missed the target completely due to a lack of maneuverability. The second knocked off the tail section rather easily. But, the third missile was impressive. The I-Beam, moving at more than 200 m/s, hit the Mach dead on, and sent it flying into many pieces. The No Target information on the HUD confirmed the kill.

Maneuvering into Position:dqkXdLt.jpg

First Shot:A 1.25 m missile was fired and it missed.

Second Shot: A 1.25 m missile knocked off some of the rear of the C3V Mach:x392v4a.jpg

Third Shot: Massive damage to the enemy ship, ripping it apart and giving me the glorious No Target words on my HUD.u98a6Mx.jpg

Sblty71.jpg

End of Turn Summary: With the Tiger having been destroyed last turn, the Nouveau's firepower was tested against the Mach. The Mach was destroyed after the 3rd shot, and the Nouveau has one .625m missile left.

Persist:http://www./download/9zp1m23oe2f1r5b/BattleAtPolTurn2.sfs

- - - Updated - - -

Very happy that I got a clean kill, that was an honest surprise to me.Another update, it cannot move in any way other than rotation because it loses power that way. So, it can't move and sustain power at the same time.

Edited by Alphasus

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.