Naval Battle Club

astecarmyman

Yeah, I don't think it'll fit in a fairing, I might be wrong. I'll see if it fits once I get my PC to my dorm. My method had been radially attaching orange fuel tanks with mainsails beneath, it was very finicky, but I was able to get it to orbit. I might just see about using the even larger engines (and actually putting RCS on the thing) and see if that works.

Don't forget: 1.0.4 aerodynamics are gonna try and mess with your ship (since most vacuum-only ships are about as aerodynamic as a brick), so take it nice n' slow with your launch if possible.

That's a Republic cruiser! :D

Well more like republic destroyer (although im classing it as an assault carrier), the new flagship of B-Corp that will lead AKS's enemy during the 2nd battle of minmus. If it was a cruiser, itd be as large as the SPH if not larger. And as for battleships, 4-10 times the SPH building is what id call one of those (thus impossible to make in stock KSP without mods that remove the size limit of the VAB, and stuff like tweakscale).

The only big killer problem i have now is part counts, its 350 parts total without any fighters or heavy torpedoes onboard. Gotta find a way to cut part counts without major sacrifices in armor.

Anyone care to take a few shots at my frigate?

http://imgur.com/a/nNrxF

Download link!

I'll have a go, stand by

EDIT: I did an early test and it's quite a hardy ship, a hit from a Bol missile 1km away while dealing damage only tore off a flank of armour and it was still able to crawl up and destroy the Griselbrand II attacking it with its own remaining weapons

"sigh", why must my ships suck?

Edited by Spearka

I'll have a go, stand by

EDIT: I did an early test and it's quite a hardy ship, a hit from a Bol missile 1km away while dealing damage only tore off a flank of armour and it was still able to crawl up and destroy the Griselbrand II attacking it with its own remaining weapons

"sigh", why must my ships suck?

Sounds like I've succeeded in making a sturdy ship for once! Thanks for testing it out!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.