Naval Battle Club

astecarmyman

Tomorrow night... I'll be back and upload both persists. Work is killing me this week.

Also this will likely be the end of my battle with you SDJ64, I'll be out of ammo on my last easily moveable ship. I'm not sure I want to fly the drinklots on one Vernier thruster as tight as the dV requirements will be. Next time I will make sure my craft have the ammo for more than one attack, or deploy the fighters with a carrier. However... The current rules still make carriers useless, and actually discourage their use by making them so vulnerable.

Good game!

Since I am unlikely to finish any more work on these before both games are finished, here are two of my four "new" craft. The Mk.28-X6 and RCS Micro-Impactor VI have already been shown elsewhere. They only needed minor tweaks. (More impactors and tighter sphincters so the torpedoes can't hit engines as easily)

Project Mk. 28-X7 "CANYONERO"

X6 >4t RCS powered Micro-Interceptors

X12 Light impactors (spare missiles for the interceptors)

x2 Reloader probes

15313552571_15b1e83d4b_z.jpgscreenshot45 by [email protected], on Flickr

15130131128_7f32968340_z.jpgscreenshot50 by [email protected], on Flickr

Mk. 24-X5 (More and better torpedoes, tougher engine mount, less prone to kaboom.)

15316377422_62e8eca30a_z.jpgscreenshot55 by [email protected], on Flickr

• 3 weeks later...
wonderful! I'd like to have a small test battle, but all i have are 129 tonne Dreks (not counting my ancient collection of other ships)

I'm definitely interested in doing a test battle, but first I think I might try and make an alternative heavy warship to accompany my Oracle and Ingressor warships.

Also, out of curiosity, what's the new Drek packing in terms of firepower? :P

I'm definitely interested in doing a test battle, but first I think I might try and make an alternative heavy warship to accompany my Oracle and Ingressor warships.

Also, out of curiosity, what's the new Drek packing in terms of firepower? :P

Im still trying to get back into the game, so for now it has the old Drekevak 24's 4-engined missiles, which I personally like, but I'm not sure how well they'd fare against other people's armor. The Drek XXV carriers 4 of them, which is the standard number of Anti-Ship Missiles on a drek (Except for the Drek XVIII which carried 6)

Sure, I'll set up.

EDIT: Wait, I forgot how this works for a second there, where should I place my ships?

EDITx2: I can already tell that this is going to be an embarrassing defeat:D I'll be happy if I can destroy one or two of your ships.

Edited by Megalodon 720

Sure, I'll set up.

EDIT: Wait, I forgot how this works for a second there, where should I place my ships?

EDITx2: I can already tell that this is going to be an embarrassing defeat:D I'll be happy if I can destroy one or two of your ships.

Just put them in some formation over whatever planet you want. Rules should be no leaving the planetarry SOI (Unless there is a moon inside the planet SOI), then send me the persist.

Just putting this here as a reminder:

Rules

1- The team with the last armed ship wins.

2- Each player takes it in turns to engage one target with one ship.

3- Ships engage in order of tonnage, lightest to heaviest. Once all ships are used the cycle repeats.

4- A ship is considered dead when the original 'core' of the ship is incapable of fulfilling two of these three goals unaided from other ships or onboard weapons...

+Sustaining power

+Moving

+Firing weapons.

5- Weapons can only be fired from the original ship core and must be used within the the same turn that they are fired.

6- Screenshots or videos documenting all moves are needed to complete a turn.

7- Players are not allowed to control enemy craft that is considered alive or attach to them with the Klaw. (only when it is considered dead and you must be attached or docked to take control)

8- Players are not allowed to intentionally edit the orbit of enemy craft via any method other than weapons fire (because there's gonna

be some recoil when your ship gets hit with an I-beam, I mean come on).

9- Half of the total of your ships may be moved in a turn (rounded up) but only one may attack.

10- Ramming is disallowed.

11- Weapons stealing is allowed under the pretense that the parent ship is 'dead' and the weapons are disconnected from it (you can disconnect them with weapons fire if you want).

12- Weapons must be fired within 2.5 km.

13- Surface to orbit weapons may be fired once per turn,and are exempt from rule 12.

14- All moves must be done manually, without the aid of autopilots.

15- A team may forfeit the game at any point, resulting in a loss unless both are in agreement.

16- Any mods which affect craft or persistence files are forbidden.

(These rules may be negotiated however mods are always banned)

Carriers

1-The total mass of carriers includes fighters and any other items being carried.

2-Ships onboard carriers cannot have munitions larger than 1.5m diameter.

3-Carrier fighters have a mass limit of 10 tons,anything heavier will be included as another ship.

4-Carrier FIGHTERS will go first because carrier fighters have a mass limit of 10 tons.

5-Carriers may not use heavy armor* higher than 50% surface area.

6-All fighters must return to the carrier by the end of the turn.

7-Carriers can have their own offensive weapons (But they always go last).

Battle settings are made in the following fashion.

-Body

-Special rules/rule exclusions

-Maximum number of craft

-Maximum total mass

-Use of K-drive,yes/no

(These are recommended to be negotiated)

*Heavy armor means stuff that has 80m/s impact tolerance

These are pretty much the exact same rules as the ones in the 'ol GNBC thread.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.