Name one of the next planets or moons Ork, in honor of Robin Williams

name one after paul walker too, because he was in movies about cars, and cars have round tires, and planets are also round.

You actually gave a better reason than Godot did (as in, you gave something that can kinda be defined as a reason)

name one after paul walker too, because he was in movies about cars, and cars have round tires, and planets are also round.

"Kerbin is perfectly round, not an oblate spheroid as some lunatics suggest"

Seriously though, we all miss Robin Williams, but he has nothing to do with KSP.

You actually gave a better reason than Godot did (as in, you gave something that can kinda be defined as a reason)

You want a better reason?

Robin played an Alien from a planet named Ork ...

KSP has moons and planets ...

better reason than cars ;)

Sheesh, guys... Harsh crowd. Godot cannot be the first person to nominate a planet/moon name from some book/movie/show's planet name. Whimsical little green men who revel in spectacular crashes is hardly a long walk.

Not that I agree with him; I'd prefer all original naming, of course (and so would copyright lawyers). But attacking Godot seems odd.

Sheesh, guys... Harsh crowd. Godot cannot be the first person to nominate a planet/moon name from some book/movie/show's planet name. Whimsical little green men who revel in spectacular crashes is hardly a long walk.

Not that I agree with him; I'd prefer all original naming, of course (and so would copyright lawyers). But attacking Godot seems odd.

not attacking in the least, but note that all the eastereggs and names that do relate to reallife people are about people that actively advanced space knowledge. werner von kerman, armstrong memorial, gene kerman.... ect.

While I understand the gesture, I think it would be better if KSP dev's didn't add Ork as an easter egg.

Not only is there a lack of a connection between Robin Williams and KSP, but it would give off the idea that he was a super influential person deserving of the "immortalization" that an easter egg would give him.

Yes, there are hidden monuments to Neil Armstrong in KSP, but he walked on the moon. Not only is he relevant to the genre of KSP, but he changed the course of history for all mankind.

Robin Williams was great, and I still cant imagine living in a world where he's dead – I grew up with his work after all, but he's got no place in KSP.

Respectfully, I do not support the idea of adding Ork.

Perhaps, if a dev really liked him and added him, it would be fine. But for the sake of the fandom? No.

not attacking in the least, but note that all the eastereggs and names that do relate to reallife people are about people that actively advanced space knowledge. werner von kerman, armstrong memorial, gene kerman.... ect.

You sure about that? There are plenty of names in the name generator that have nothing to do with KSP or real space travel (for argument purposes I'm considering youtubers and people who submitted logos as having something to do with KSP).

And since you mentioned easter eggs, do you know where the Monolith's come from?

Edited by Alshain

You sure about that? There are plenty of names in the name generator that have nothing to do with KSP or real space travel (for argument purposes I'm considering youtubers and people who submitted logos as having something to do with KSP).

And since you mentioned easter eggs, do you know where the Monolith's come from?

2001: A Space Odyssey?

A planet seem a bit big and too obvious to be an "Easter Egg". Easter Egg should be something that's fairly small and hidden. One random generated name, a bizarre object somewhere, but not an entire planet.

Perhaps as one of the randomly generated asteroid designation? So you can potentially get something like ORK-####

2001: A Space Odyssey?

A planet seem a bit big and too obvious to be an "Easter Egg". Easter Egg should be something that's fairly small and hidden. One random generated name, a bizarre object somewhere, but not an entire planet.

Perhaps as one of the randomly generated asteroid designation? So you can potentially get something like ORK-####

I agree that a planet would be a little bit big, which is why I also mentioned moons ...

with which I thought about perhaps one of the moons of the next gas giant that is bound to come,

assuming that it has as many moons as Jool, or maybe even more

An asteroid designation sounds interesting as well, however

The Monoliths are a small nod to a movie about space travel.

They are not a tribute to an actor that once played a part in a movie about space travel.

Those names in the generator have nothing to do with anything. Including dead actors. If you want to, you can go change Jebediah's name to Robin. There, you tributed

Works for me. Just so long as it doesn't lead to "A.L.F. Kerman"...

Rather Gordon Kerman.

Honestly, copyright problems aside, Mork would have to be an inhabitat planet and there will be no ETs in KSP if I remember correctly.

Case closed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.