[1.0.2] One-Eye Industries- Back in Action! [v1.1]

OrbitusII

One-Eye Industries

Cargo Transportation Parts of Questionable Excellent Quality!

Parts List

All Parts Inspired by Sauron's Concept Rockets

Orange

7bXXTp3.png

Rendering by gooddog15

A fairly simple set of parts designed for use as a cargo/resupply craft. These parts are about 2m in diameter and so the engine fairing also serves as an adapter to the stock 2.5m parts.

8dPOqav.png

sYQVzkL.png

p4QdgKT.png

iOdEisP.gif

It9gNoJ.png

q5lsRUe.png

Included:

Cargo Module (Pods)

-100 Electric Charge

-Unmanned Control

-KAS: 120 Storage Units

-TAC LS: 100 Days' Worth of Air & Food

Service Module (Propulsion)

-400 Monopropellant

-250 Electric Charge

Engine Pack (Propulsion)

-200 Monopropellant

-40kN Thrust

RCS Thruster (Control)

-0.25 kN Thrust

Docking Port (Utility)

-Active/Passive Docking Modes

-Docking Probe is a Carrot (Award Winning Feature!)

Mods Supported:

Stock

KAS (Integrated)

Deadly Reentry

TAC Life Support

Download:

(ModuleManager config)

(ModuleManager config)

WIP Preview <Nearing Reboot>

nz6b2bk.png

Orange-Series Crew Capsule and Fairings for Orange-Series spacecraft

Keep in mind that this is my first real part pack, so I'm not terribly familiar with modeling or texturing. I'll improve the texture and mesh detail as I get more comfortable with using the software.

These parts are designed to use only the stock PartModules while allowing for mod support. There's quite a lot you can do with the stock stuff alone, and I intend to exploit those capabilities!

Edited by OrbitusII

Also, I made a little thing to give the Cargo module KAS Support. (Holds 120 KAS units, or whatever there called)

MODULE
{
name = KASModuleContainer
maxSize = 120
}

Simply put it below "vesselType = Probe", and then you got a KAS version!

It should look like:

vesselType = Probe

MODULE
{
maxSize = 120
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleCommand

Also, I made a little thing to give the Cargo module KAS Support. (Holds 120 KAS units, or whatever there called)

MODULE
{
maxSize = 120
}

Simply put it below "vesselType = Probe", and then you got a KAS version!

Awesome, I'll update the configs and download!

Thanks! (I think you should credit me somehow, do you really don't have too, as it's so simple anyone could do it)

I also quickly found a bug:

jTABPTc.png

The engine makes no sound, and as you can see from the image, it's exhaust is a bit below the engine and only comes out of one.

Thanks! (I think you should credit me somehow, do you really don't have too, as it's so simple anyone could do it)

I also quickly found a bug:

http://i.imgur.com/jTABPTc.png

The engine makes no sound, and as you can see from the image, it's exhaust is a bit below the engine and only comes out of one.

I guess putting a note in the part description isn't enough. :P The effects aren't completely configured because the config file setup for multiple effects is really weird. I just need to do some more testing to figure out how it works and then they should be working. My only question here is how did you get it in the air under its own power on Kerbin? The TWR isn't nearly good enough for that.

Do you mind if I put the DRE config download in the OP? It'd be good to have all of the things in one place.

Yeah, you can put my DRE and KAS things in the OP. Also, I used Hack Gravity to get it in the air.

(Sorry, I didn't read the engine part's description! :blush:)

Cool cool, it's alright if you didn't read the thing. :P

So yeah, this clearly isn't going to work:

udSH3gE.png

The effects I chose are the least of my problems, actually.

Okay, so after you fix the engine effects are you going to start on the manned variant? Also, I'm currently trying to make some craft files of Sauron's rockets out of stock and this mod.

I probably will, but frankly I'm fed up with how much trouble KSP is giving me as a mod creator... I'll do the manned variant at the least but I am so sick of stuff not working as it should.

Edit: Turns out there's a whole other gorram PartModule for engines with fancy particle effects like the RAPIER has... I can't understand why the regular ModuleEngine doesn't have that functionality...

Edited by OrbitusII

Okay, but I've finished those rockets:

DOWNLOAD

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Sauron Green Heavy LV. You can look at Sauron's thread and you can tell which one this is, this also (I think) is the LV for the Orange Cargo Craft and it's manned variant.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Sauron Green Medium LV, you can see that is also has that blue 2 man capsule that Sauron also drew, replace the pod with the Spud from HGR, and it's closer to looking like it.

Sauron's 2 man pod and it's LV:

ICGpXqw.jpg

Also, why haven't you put my KAS fix in the download, or a link to my DRE thing?

EDIT: Thanks for putting them! :)

Edited by Nicholander

Okay, but I've finished those rockets:

DOWNLOAD

http://imgur.com/a/gW147

Sauron Green Heavy LV. You can look at Sauron's thread and you can tell which one this is, this also (I think) is the LV for the Orange Cargo Craft and it's manned variant.

http://imgur.com/a/KGs8U

Sauron Green Medium LV, you can see that is also has that blue 2 man capsule that Sauron also drew, replace the pod with the Spud from HGR, and it's closer to looking like it.

Sauron's 2 man pod and it's LV:

http://i.imgur.com/ICGpXqw.jpg

Also, why haven't you put my KAS fix in the download, or a link to my DRE thing?

My mistake on KAS, I put it into the zip file but didn't update the rest of the configs. :P

Just put DRE and Crafts in the OP, fixing KAS now. Your launchers look great! They're a bit big but they'll work until I get some matching launcher parts. :D

Edit: KAS should now be in the main download.

Edited by OrbitusII

Thanks! Yeah, I do see how the Green Heavy LV's first stage is a bit too long, especially the 2 orange tanks, I could've replaced them with some other parts. Oh, and when I was flying it, it seems that TWR of the first stage after the SRBs have separated and the second stage have uncomfortably low thrust-to-weight ratios, but I still think the rocket is fine.

Tiny Edit: It'd be nice if you could add that the cargo module has KAS support, and can hold 120 KAS unit things in the More Info section. It's a tiny thing, but it'd be cool if you could put that.

Edited by Nicholander
Added tiny edit.

Thanks! Yeah, I do see how the Green Heavy LV's first stage is a bit too long, especially the 2 orange tanks, I could've replaced them with some other parts. Oh, and when I was flying it, it seems that TWR of the first stage after the SRBs have separated and the second stage have uncomfortably low thrust-to-weight ratios, but I still think the rocket is fine.

Tiny Edit: It'd be nice if you could add that the cargo module has KAS support, and can hold 120 KAS unit things in the More Info section. It's a tiny thing, but it'd be cool if you could put that.

Yeah, the craft that I use for my Oranges is pretty small compared to what you had:

Vq2LsIR.png

But again, just about anything works until I can get some legitimate parts for the launchers. :D

I also added that extra info in the Info section for ya

Yeah, the craft that I use for my Oranges is pretty small compared to what you had:

http://i.imgur.com/Vq2LsIR.png

But again, just about anything works until I can get some legitimate parts for the launchers. :D

I also added that extra info in the Info section for ya

Well, I see a clear difference between the designs... While, I was aiming for it to be like Sauron's rocket design, not to be efficient.

A few things, guys :)

-I generally prefer One-Eye Industries. That scary dude in Mordor has lawyers! :sticktongue: (Also, logo forthcoming)

-Can I have the meshes is .obj so I can poke at them a bit myself? I do model every now and then when I have the time. But I don't texture or fight with Unity. May as well help out :)

-I'll make some concepts for some more details, greeblies, and antenae.

-Also, if there's any prospective IVA artists (and to develop the setting) I'll do some diagrams as well.

Edited by Sauron

A few things, guys :)

-I generally prefer One-Eye Industries. That scary dude in Mordor has lawyers! :sticktongue: (Also, logo forthcoming)

-Can I have the meshes is .obj so I can poke at them a bit myself? I do model every now and then when I have the time. But I don't texture or fight with Unity. May as well help out :)

-I'll make some concepts for some more details, greeblies, and antenae.

-Also, if there's any prospective IVA artists (and to develop the setting) I'll do some diagrams as well.

One Eye Industries, got it. :D

I'll send you those models shortly, good to have you on board!

I have absolutely no modelling experience at all, unfortunately. :( But I did just download Blender, so I'll try something. (Perhaps starting with the Green Medium LV?) Anyway, good to have you Sauron! Also, could you help me with modelling/texturing when/if I ask for it, though I don't need any advice right now.

On the Green Medium LV:

What size should the blue capsule be? I'm think 1.25 M, but that would make it's docking port 0.625 M, so which should it be?

EDIT: Or maybe I could first start on the space station Sauron drew, as it is based of the Orange Cargo Vehicle and it's manned variant.

Edited by Nicholander

I have absolutely no modelling experience at all, unfortunately. :( But I did just download Blender, so I'll try something. (Perhaps starting with the Green Medium LV?) Anyway, good to have you Sauron! Also, could you help me with modelling/texturing when/if I ask for it, though I don't need any advice right now.

On the Green Medium LV:

What size should the blue capsule be? I'm think 1.25 M, but that would make it's docking port 0.625 M, so which should it be?

EDIT: Or maybe I could first start on the space station Sauron drew, as it is based of the Orange Cargo Vehicle and it's manned variant.

I would recommend starting with something simple like the solar panels.

pcCqFra.jpg

Since they're just a bunch of rectangles and some cylinders, I think they would be a good place to start since you've had no experience modeling so far. :)

Hmm... probably, though you and I have no idea how to get them to function, so maybe someone who knows how to make functional solar panels will come and help us. So that could mean that they will be stuck and can't extend/retract. :(

EDIT: Maybe we can contact the guy who did, for example Tantares. He knows how to make retractable/extendable solar panels, since they're on a bunch of the things he's made.

Edited by Nicholander

Hmm... probably, though you and I have no idea how to get them to function, so maybe someone who knows how to make functional solar panels will come and help us. So that could mean that they will be stuck and can't extend/retract. :(

EDIT: Maybe we can contact the guy who did, for example Tantares. He knows how to make retractable/extendable solar panels, since they're on a bunch of the things he's made.

Cool, and I found a sample hierarchy on the forums so we should be good to go. :D

What you can do is make one panel that gets repeated down the line, so we can use that single panel mesh 5 times to get a full solar array. So you might have something like this:

||-<X

Base, Pivot, Panel (repeats 5 times)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.