[1.0.2] One-Eye Industries- Back in Action! [v1.1]

OrbitusII

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still trying to work on it, but 18 credit hours of classes alone is taxing and I prefer to spend my time relaxing when I can. I'll have more time starting in late October for sure, but until then I can't guarantee I'll be able to get significant work done before then.

Things I will have done before the next update will definitely be the solar panels and manned capsule (sans parachute) along with the SRBs. Speaking of which, I'll get a test release for the SRBs out in the next couple of days so that I can get feedback on the thrust vs burn time increase based on the amount of sections.

I'm sorry it's taking so long to get things done here but real life comes first.

Edited by OrbitusII

I just checked this thread, and I am disappointed about post #105. Just being honest with you.

I'm disappointed as well, especially in my time management skills. If those were in check it would be a different story, but until I can get my time under control there are things that I can't give time to, and this is one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to do some testing but this should work with 0.25 without any changes.

I might try to get a micro-update out sometime, there's new textures and a slight change to one of the models that need to go public when I get the chance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Update:

Please check out the Tweakable Wheels thread for a full status update here: LINK

I'm currently looking to get back into modding starting around May 10 (my semester ends May 5 and I'll be home by the 6th) starting with getting Tweakable Wheels updated and working with version 1.0. Since I wasn't happy with the state of this mod upon going on hiatus for school, I do hope to finish the incomplete parts and do some model and texture passes to improve the quality (I'm also considering a rebranding since "One-Eye Industries" has been a tad tricky to work with). Where I go from there is unclear, but since I'm changing schools and majors to pursue a career in the games industry I expect I'll keep working on this to expand the parts list.

That's about the state of things, if you have any questions or comments feel free to let me know!

• 3 weeks later...
May 10th has arrived :)

Indeed it has! I'm going to start getting things updated for 1.0 very soon. Since there weren't massive changes to things it should go quickly once I sit down and actually do it. :P

In Other News: I've got some more info for continuing work on the parts pack, specifically redoing the models and expanding functionality.

Models:

Since Sauron's original concept rockets were inspired by Russian rocketry, I figured I'd do the same and grabbed a bunch of Soyuz photos and diagrams. There's also a picture of the Falcon 9 (although it lacks greebles, which is contrary to the direction I want to go) and several images of rocket exhaust since I'll be doing custom effects and want them to be more accurate than the Stock ones.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Functionality:

I've been toying with plans for the parts since I am strongly leaning towards making this pack work both parallel to Stock and as an outright replacement. What that means (in theory) is you can roll with these AND Stock or remove the Stock parts altogether and still have a fully-functional rocketry program.

• Engines
  • Liquid Fuel will stay the same and serve as the base fuel for all rocket engines

• Oxidizer will be split into two resources: Oxidizer and Hy-Ox (short for Hypergolic Oxidizer)

• LFO is less efficient but more powerful than LFHO

• LFHO will serve primarily in orbital engines while LFO is used in lifters

• Engines will therefore be split into two categories: standard and hypergolic

• Standard engines will use regular LFO, but have a limited throttle and cannot be shutdown

• Hypergolic engines will behave like engines currently do with unlimited throttle and shutdown/restart capabilities, but will use the LFHO mix instead

• Monoprop engines will also become more significant. I like how the Orange's engines work so there'll be more of those, exclusively for orbital use

• Fuel tanks will be split into Liquid Fuel, Oxidizer, and Hy-Ox sections
  • Part Sizes will become DX, DY, DZ, and DW (analogous, but not necessarily equal to, the Stock 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 3.75m standards)
  • Solar Panels will be available in two versions upon completion: stock-balanced and nerfed (since I feel the stock ones are overpowered for the amount of electric charge the average vessel uses)
  • Crew Parts will follow the style of the fuel tanks and Sauron's concepts with some aspects drawn from Russian space stations
  • Aero Parts will not be a part of this pack. Since the focus here is rocketry, they're a bit out of the scope of this mod
  • Disclaimer:
    I may reconsider this decision in the future, but for now there's no aero parts planned

I'm pretty confident in the new sizes and some significant inline Monoprop engines. As for Hy-Ox, well... That'll require some testing if I decide to go that route. Let me know what you think!

Final note: once I get some work done on the new models (after the update to 1.0) I'll start up a development thread for a more reliable update location.

WNC0DiT.png

The 1.0 update is done and published! I'm also waiting on the confirmation email from KerbalStuff so this should be available there within the next day or so.

Next on my list are updating Tweakable Wheels and completing a side project; after that I'll get to work on the new models!

Edited by OrbitusII

• 2 weeks later...

Wait... IT'S ALIVE!!! You're back OrbitusII, great! Time for some more developing! :cool:

By the way, are you still going to use my solar panel model I made ages ago, or are you going to make new models for everything? (Including the solar panel, obviously.)

My current plan (this monster) is to remake models for EVERYTHING. Unfortunately things here are lower on my to-do list since I have a couple other projects that require a lot of attention, but I'm starting work on that when I get some free time and inspiration.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.