GameData folder sharing

Subasean

Today I got a request to share my GameData folder for my Youtube series, and while I would love to help my viewer get a somewhat stable build, I'm pretty sure that counts as a violation of many of my mods' authors' licenses, since it would essentially be like me issuing "SubaSean's One-Stop RAM-Puddle Mod Pack!"

I'll share .craft packs, no problem, but I don't want to go redistributing other peoples' works, especially because I'm just an idiot with a FRAPS install and a Google account, and the people making my mods are true content creators. I'm fairly new to the Internets Vidya Makin' world, so I want to make sure I'm crystal clear.

Is that pretty much the long and short of it?

Why not just share a text list of the mods your using rather than the mods themselves? Let them go find and install them on their own. You can even share the links. That's generally a good idea even if you are using a permissive licensed mod because of updates.

I have the list published. It seems they're having some issues getting everything to play nicely. I added a bit to my list explaining some of the steps I've had to take to make it stable, (Where I've skipped experimental x64 builds, for example)

Most mod licenses are pretty permissive, I just don't want to step on anyone's toes, while also being helpful, but I've got over 2.24G of mods in that folder, so I'm not surprised there are some conflicts.

That's fair. That's what made me a little uneasy about the request, and especially since they're not technically "my" files to share, I settled on giving a little of what I've learned keeping x64 together with popsicle sticks and tape.

Off topic, but I wanted to say: Blizzy, your ambient light mod is one of my all-time favorites. Simple, but oh-so useful. I'm NOT using it for my current series, since I'm trying to be all NASA-y and realistic, I've left it up to myself to make sure my ports are lit, and landing sites are correctly chosen for day-side landings.

With that said, if a moderator would like to shut down this thread, be my guest.