SM_Utility 1.2 Rockolight and Rockopanel adaptors NOW available

Saw you guys talking about the single joint restriction for IR. Now that I have the parts moving in the editor I feel squirrelly enough to see about expanding it to multiple joints. I now have a huge grasp on how things work. I already have a working prototype for something related to this that I started a little over a month ago. I'll PM you when I progressed enough with the plugin for you to try.

• 2 weeks later...

It's looking promising, but please pay more attention to stack_node rules, all nodes on rover body are set in 1 direction making only top and bottom usable in VAB.

Also to make it possible(easier) to launch it with a rocket, central attachment point would be great(like stock rover body).

2h later

I corrected all mentioned flaws ;)

I also edited tech required to field science for mk1 and advanced Motors for mk1_2

Build cost is 1600 and 3200 for mk1 and mk1_2 respectively.

Here is corrected RoverChassis1 part.cfg file.

Hi thanks for that, those issues had all been brought to my notice and addressed in a now abandoned update, as the modding scene is now flooded with all kinds of wheels and rover I don't see any point in pushing this pack of random stuff any further. Plus i'd rather make stuff for others mods and packs than deal with all the PR thats required to establish and maintain a mod

I may still release the RockoDoom an armed Rockamax fitted with an 30mm minigun courtesy of DB's marvelous armory mod. but thats about it.

Cheers

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, they all still work as far as I'm aware. I'm using them in 0.25 64 with no issues, As there are so many wheels available now this packs not really required , and I'm a little out of touch with where I left it, having moved on through many things since the thread was posted, if there was real interest I'd likely continue but as it stands, it is sadly what it is .

Thanks for your interest though , and if there are any issues should you want to use the current parts let me know and I'll tweak to suit.

Cheers

Spanner

• 3 months later...

Apologies for the necro posting, but is the mod dead? I really liked the forklift part and the mod loads up in .90... except the forks go in the wrong direction. After spending a bit toying with the part config file and completely breaking the part, i was wondering if there's a small glimmer of hope that smce is still working on this mod... or would like to release the source code so i can plop it into unity and try to debug whats wrong.

I'm afraid Spanner has not been seen for some time.

I believe all the parts are driven with stock or IR modules, so no mod specific source to be played with. Best bet if you want to make the forklift work (IIRC, Sirkut changed the orientation of some joints in the later releases) is just to remodel it.

HTH?

I ended up getting his model to work. He had the Y translate axis inverted and some of the tweakable values were off. The only other thing is in the VAB, the part acts weird when you translate it (i.e. both meshes move diagonally instead of the fork piece moving up and down) Haven't tested any of his other pieces yet, seeing as the forklift part was the whole reason i wanted this mod. I did find out the reason the part didn't want to move. Not sure if this is known in the community, but IR associated pieces don't like being the root node of a build. They lock in place when launched.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It didn't take that long to find them they'd sneaked into my current game,  the adapter comes with pop out headlights or solar panels, a quick check and they appear to be working well in 1.2, lights animate etc, solar panels follow the sun, and produce EC.  So if anyone still wants them i'll throw together a little modlet with them both contained,

Spoiler

QzDEDgi.png

j538JnO.png

KIXMvUc.png

5 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

It didn't take that long to find them they'd sneaked into my current game,  the adapter comes with pop out headlights or solar panels, a quick check and they appear to be working well in 1.2, lights animate etc, solar panels follow the sun, and produce EC.  So if anyone still wants them i'll throw together a little modlet with them both contained,

Yes please!  Would it be possible to integrate them both into one?  But two separate ones would be awesome.

Peace.

12 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Yes please!  Would it be possible to integrate them both into one?  But two separate ones would be awesome.

Peace.

I vaguely remember an issue with combined parts, but it was so long ago , I'll take another look , but for now it's panels or lights.       The lights on animation is not tied to the deployment animation (it would be if i redid it) so while it's possible to have the lights deployed and switched off (saving EC)  it is also possible to have them undeployed and yet switched on, it's not a big thing but something that might be reported as an issue when it's not really.

5 minutes ago, Axilourous said:

YASSSS!!!! Can't wait! Please tell me when I can download

Hi, I'll get them tidied packaged and uploaded to SpaceDock in time for the weekend :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.