Lunar Lander Module v0.5 !Zooom!

spacep00se2

Well what I'm saying is. I think (not sure, just a guess) is that the importer is turning your 4 legs into a pyramid, which is causing the issues. But I think we're on the same page now.

Have you considered making the legs a separate part? I know there might be some wobbling at the attach nodes if you did that. Maybe you can ask CaptainSlug how he did his legs.

Another cosmetic solution would be to lengthen the engine part so the edge of the engine would match with the attach node location. Essentially filling in the gap with a longer engine.

Works pretty good, just need more interesting places to land. Doesn't work nearly as well when you add a decoupler between the capsule and lander plus the escape tower parachute combo.

EDIT: The Command Module and Lander are TOO heavy for the MK 16-3 parachute. The lander will need a decoupler (custom or the default decoupler) to jettison the lander to make a parachute landing.

I think the idea is that with the lander, there is no need for a parachute.

If you do want to use a parachute for the landing, it might help to thrust a tad bit during approach to soften the fall a bit.

who says kerbal doesnt have a NASA ? (National Aeronautics and Space Administration)

i would like to have an official kerbal flag tho

The space program should be the sole endeavor of kerbin, a beacon of science for all and a warning light to low flying aircraft.

I think the idea is that with the lander, there is no need for a parachute.

If you do want to use a parachute for the landing, it might help to thrust a tad bit during approach to soften the fall a bit.

I was thinking ahead for when they add missions, moons, and other stuff. Use the lander to land on a moon or something then return to Kerbal landing with just the parachute.

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't like it, its not hard to modify config files. Fix it yourself for yourself?

Already done, which doesn't fix the source. If the OP says it's intentional, whatever, if it's not, he might want to know.