[1.2.2] 10x Kerbol system development for Kopernicus: Version 6.3.0.1 - Update: April 14 2017

jsimmons

On December 31, 2015 at 8:19 PM, OhioBob said:

Ah, okay.  Now I see what the question was.  As Nathan explained, it's the first derivative, or slope.  The 3rd field is slope in, and the 4th field is slope out.  In your case, slope in and slope out are the same.

That sorted out the confusion. For RSS earth is done correctly but for some reason the other planets with atmosphere pressureCurves 3rd and 4th fields are different. 

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm trying 10x with RP-0 and after upgrading the runway to level 2 I now explode about a quarter of the way down no matter what I do,  the log says "collided with runway". Terrain detail level is on maximum. Trying to steer off the runway causes the same result.

Edit: also, my inland space center is partially clipping under the grass. like I said, terrain detail is at max.

Edited by Desdinova

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can you make it more realistic by customize the sizes, for example make the radius of Kerbin to randomly 5865 km, Duna 3218 km... It's ''unrealistic'' to be so ''rounded'', and in further updates you can make this mod to replace the ISP of all the rocket engines (and all mods with rocket engines) to achieve the Delta-V needed With the same amount of fuel tanks!

You can also in the next update change the atmospheric height of all the planets...

Edited by hanhan658
Forget something

On 2016-02-14 at 1:54 PM, hanhan658 said:

Can you make it more realistic by customize the sizes, for example make the radius of Kerbin to randomly 5865 km, Duna 3218 km... It's ''unrealistic'' to be so ''rounded'', and in further updates you can make this mod to replace the ISP of all the rocket engines (and all mods with rocket engines) to achieve the Delta-V needed With the same amount of fuel tanks!

You can also in the next update change the atmospheric height of all the planets...

Why would he? This mod is based on the stock kerbol system with all distances, radiuses etc increased by a factor of ten. Also even "rounded" numbers are just as likely to randomly appear as any other number.

There are several other mods for changing isp's, besides that is outside the scope of this mod. One of the main reasons of having the kerbol system similar in size to our solar system is to have to build realistic sized rockets, with real life like payload fractions, no?

7 hours ago, ThorBeorn said:

Why would he? This mod is based on the stock kerbol system with all distances, radiuses etc increased by a factor of ten. Also even "rounded" numbers are just as likely to randomly appear as any other number.

There are several other mods for changing isp's, besides that is outside the scope of this mod. One of the main reasons of having the kerbol system similar in size to our solar system is to have to build realistic sized rockets, with real life like payload fractions, no?

Whitch mod can change isp's?? Give me a link!!

Well well, i can make a mod that the Stock planets has been rescaled realistic, but randonly and customized, but the radiuses are anyways not rouded before... the radius ov Jool is 59 999 km?!

Realism Overhaul works great with 10x Kerbol. You can also try RO mini and Kerbal ISP Difficulty Scaler (K.I.D.S.) for example. I'm sure I've seen at least one more comparable to those lately.

I'm sure you can change planets radiuses and semi major axises easily, but working with the PQS settings is a bit more tedious IMO. Good luck.

On February 14, 2016 at 5:54 AM, hanhan658 said:

The reason for the exact 10x scale was to allow players to redo their mission done at stock scale at the 10x scale. When I created this mod that is exactly what I did. I redid all my missions I done at stock scale with the new 10x scale which was a lot of fun :D. The planet rotations were also scaled (sqrt(10)) to perserve the ballistic profiles with stock. This is why Kerbin has the 19 hour day. This lets users still have the same feel as stock when moving to this scale.

Yes the atmospheres need to be redone. Since I'm a realism junkie I have been working on creating atmospheres based on real world physics using the composition that FAR defines. Now if you play with the physics you see very different behavior tun stock. For example Duna's atmosphere is much thicker (200km +) even with it's lower density. Now the planet Eve has a much thinner atmosphere due to the higher gravity pulling the gases much closer to the surface. So for Eve you have a very dense atmosphere very close to the surface.

On ‎2016‎年‎2‎月‎17‎日 at 11:57 PM, ThorBeorn said:

Realism Overhaul works great with 10x Kerbol. You can also try RO mini and Kerbal ISP Difficulty Scaler (K.I.D.S.) for example. I'm sure I've seen at least one more comparable to those lately.

I'm sure you can change planets radiuses and semi major axises easily, but working with the PQS settings is a bit more tedious IMO. Good luck.

Realism Overhaul requires RSS, so i cant use in here! ;.;

2 hours ago, NathanKell said:

Realism Overhaul explicitly does not require RSS, exactly for the above reason--so you can use it with this mod! :)

I use Realism Overhaul with my 10x kerbin system so no requirement for RSS.

P.S

I see no more  KerbalStuff :-( I guess I will need to place my next update on curse.

10xKerbol version 6.0.0 has been released. You can get it on spacedoc.info. Its updated to work with the latest scattering and Eve mod and the look is very beautiful I must say. I have started the work to update the atmosphere's of the planets based on real world physics. You can read the 10xKerbol.cfg file if you are interested in the math being to used for this. I found what was distorting Kerbin's surface. For some reason with the latest Kopernicus I had to change the ocean level by 300 meters.

Now that we are back to where we started I like to cleanup the main KSP center's location. Currently the KSP is located on a peninsula with a very large bay behind it. This doesn't match the look from space of the location. My thinking is the bay is too big, which I experience from flying around, so I think I need to shrink it a bit. What do people think?

6 hours ago, jsimmons said:

Does anyone know how to change the image background on spacedock.info. I like to change it from the default background to something nice.

Figured it out. Also posted a demo video of the launch. Got a lot of sound feedback, sorry.

18 hours ago, hanhan658 said:

Does it have multiple launchpads (using ksc switcher), easier to use remotetech and more realistic?

Yes, it has 4 launch site about 90 degrees apart. Each of those launch sites also act as a Deep Space Network sites. Also I added a bunch of tracking stations around the planet Kerbin. The Deep Space Networks expand out to the edge of the Kerbol system while the tracking stations have very limited range, only in the Kerbin system.

Nathan are the pressureCurve's tangents normalized, i.e the tangent values are divided by the atmosphere pressure at the surface? The re-entry for Duna seems a little to strong currently.

On March 6, 2016 at 1:08 PM, NathanKell said:

tangents are just tangents: (y1 - y0) / (x1 - x0).

I found what I was looking for:

Pressure tables: Kilometers needs to be converted to meters ( * 1000). Pressures need to be converted ( * 101.325) and the two values after that tell the curve how to fit between the points. Those values need to be converted by ( * 101.325 / 1000)

Temperature tables: Kilometers needs to be converted to meters ( * 1000). Temperatures need to be converted by ( + 272.15) the following two values need to be divided by 1000 ( / 1000)

10 hours ago, jsimmons said:

I found what I was looking for:

If you're being insanely 1000% exact, Celsius to kelvin is +273.15, not 272.15, although I don't know if the engine will ever be precise enough for us to tell. Someday, we can hope! :P

i will also put this on my ever elongating list of "cool stuff to try"!

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, jsimmons said:

Just to let people know I'm working on updating this for KSP 1.1. Currently a bug in Kopernicus is delaying the release. Thomas reports a fix exist and will be release with Kopernicus 1.0.1

1.0.1 is already out, as of a couple hours ago.  fyi.

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/tag/release-1-0-1

Edited by Sandworm

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.