[1.2.2] 10x Kerbol system development for Kopernicus: Version 6.3.0.1 - Update: April 14 2017

jsimmons

Thanks for the compliment. The reason Duna's atmosphere is 'thick" is due to two factors. The gravity is low so its not pulling in the atmosphere close to the planet. The second factor is the atmosphere of Duna is pretty warm so the gas molecules have a lot of energy to travel far. For Duna which is thin enough to model as a isothermal atmosphere you get H=RT/g which for Duna comes out to be around ~16. BTW Jool is even more extreme. As Starwaster pointed out the default heat shields will not protect you in any way. 

P.S

One day I need to develop the code to calculate all this stuff on the fly.

• 4 weeks later...

The post flight stats box is quite inaccurate regarding ground distance covered, and I'm assuming (could be wrong) that has something to do with this mod. I had this issue on 1.2.0 with the 1.2.0 version of kopernicus, and it persists in 1.2.2 with the latest kopernicus. I understand things like this happen and can be hard to solve, I'm just looking for a way to tell how much ground distance I've covered.

I tried planting a flag, in 1.2.0 that resulted in the flag exploding and KSP basically freezing. Odd. In 1.2.2 the flag plants fine, but of course it disappears after travelling a ways from it.

Any ideas on how to see my range from landing point to KSC? I'm testing missiles, and I need to know the range.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/15/2014 at 4:40 PM, jsimmons said:

Since people have asked I calculated the delta-v needed for Kerbin, Mun, and Minmus.Note kerbin does not count the extra needed due to atmospheric drag. I would add a exta 1km/s.

Kerbin surface to 200km = 9652.98 m/s

Kerbin 200km to GTO = 2283.72 m/s

Kerbin 200km to GSO = 3717.34 m/s

Kerbin 200km to Mun intercept = 2689.42 m/s

Mun intercept to insert (200km) = 916.52 m/s

Mun surface to 200km = 1325.26 m/s

Kerbin 200km to Minmus intercept = 3794.51 m/s

Minmus intercept to insert (200km) = 248.53 m/s

Minmus surface to 200km = 985.80 m/s

Pardon me, sir, but could we get one for the rest of the System? I'm planning a Laythe mission, but I don't know how much Delta-V I'll need. 

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance of a patch to modify the high/low altitudes in space?  As it is the stock heights remain.  That's OK around kerbin.  250km can be worked with, but on Duna the low/high orbit line is inside the atmosphere.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2017 at 4:52 AM, Angstinator said:

Is this 1.3 compatible?

If so, is it Realistic Atmo/FAR-compatible (for when FAR will be updated for 1.3)?

Yes, I just tested it in KSP 1.3. It works fine, make sure you're running the latest version of Kopernicus 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Angstinator said:

Well, it turns out that indeed it isn't.

The factor used is slightly less than 10, and I still can't figure out why the atmosphere was scaled the way it was.

@jsimmons, if you're reading this, please advise.

Simmons hasn't been on the forum since June. You could always try: 

Works for most planet packs as well. I put these together since many people were complaining about not havin working rescale cfgs for 1.3. You can also find a link in the sigma dimensions OP.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.