[1.2.2] 10x Kerbol system development for Kopernicus: Version 6.3.0.1 - Update: April 14 2017

jsimmons

Ah, I found the problem, Better atmospheres isn't deleting! I deleted it in my GameData folder and it keeps on making the atmosphere disappear, even in vanilla!

(edit) I found the REAL problem! It's module manager! How do I delete it? ( I cleared out my gamedata folder except for Squad and NASAmission) Now, the game keeps on loading this RSS mod! (Kerbin is 6000km)

Edited by adins

Ah, I found the problem, Better atmospheres isn't deleting! I deleted it in my GameData folder and it keeps on making the atmosphere disappear, even in vanilla!

(edit) I found the REAL problem! It's module manager! How do I delete it?

You don't, because Module Manager would not cause your atmosphere to disappear. All Module Manager does is apply patches against your game files after they are loaded into memory. One of those patches could cause you trouble but that's not the same thing as Module Manager being the problem and you should not delete it. Instead of trying to fix this yourself you should submit log files and let an expert help you.

you don't, because module manager would not cause your atmosphere to disappear. All module manager does is apply patches against your game files after they are loaded into memory. One of those patches could cause you trouble but that's not the same thing as module manager being the problem and you should not delete it. Instead of trying to fix this yourself you should submit log files and let an expert help you.
thank you very much!

(edit again) I fixed the problem! Hooray! (reinstalled KSP :confused:)

Edited by adins

No one hates win64 bit mode. I personally miss it greatly. But it is less stable than 32 bit and until the Unity engine is upgraded squad can't fix it. And neither can the modders who with there limited time cannot and do not want to spend time chasing down bugs that they can't do anything about.

I know this sucks but it isn't their fault. Nor is it squads fault. No point in getting angry, it is what it is.

Angry? Making some assumptions there.

Lol, well if we are going to talk assumptions then I never said you were angry, only there is no point in getting angry.

Regardless, you can take angry out and put in any emotion you want, the point is not changed.

Lol, well if we are going to talk assumptions then I never said you were angry, only there is no point in getting angry.

Regardless, you can take angry out and put in any emotion you want, the point is not changed.

There's no point in getting jubilant?

Hey all. I'm sorry to add yet another problem, but this one is sort of ruining the game for me.

I'm using real Kerbin on hard career, so every penny counts just to get into orbit. The main source of income are contracts, however I am unable to complete certain ones because of the logic behind how they are completed. On one I get asked, "test rocket motor on sub-orbital trajectory - altitude, 80,000m to 90,000m", and on another I get asked, "test scientific equipment in orbit - 90,000m to 100,000m." As the game defines the beginning of space to be 120,000m, I cannot complete the latter contract, and as it defines sub-orbital to be any point between in space and 90,000m (or there abouts), it is impossible to to be "sub-orbital" below 90,000, and so the former contract is impossible as well.

I don't know if this is a problem that is possible for you to fix, but if someone would reply telling me if there is anything I can do it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, and also thanks for this great mod. Getting into orbit with Real Kerbin is so much more fun and challenging than stock.

I think mods can fix it but I am not sure. Regardless, the contracts in general can contain impossible or otherwise not worth it conditions in stock as well. Best I think is to reject those so that after your next mission new contracts will be there.

i can't get to mun or minmus using your mod, it simply does not enter the SOI of any of the two, it also does not allow me to set an second manouver node

using the original RSS works fine, i'm able to reach the moon without any issue, but for some reason your version does not allow me to do that :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, really looking forward to this all working nicely to the point where I can figure out how to install it. I can get RSS .90 up and running, however, it doesn't seem to "enjoy" this mod working with it.. somehow. I get an inclined solar plane, launch sites in the ocean, etc - this is from installing RSS on top of this thing. If I install this later, then KSP doesn't like the mod and says RSS is incompatible. I'd love to have this working with Proot's lovely pack. And have all those delicious clouds and whatnot working on a real-scale Kerbal system..

*edit* oh.. I see NK and the OP had a convo above about updating this for .90 RSS. Awesome. Can't wait.

I've got this working up until it is Editing Mun 6/17, and then KSP crashes. I installed it and copied over the more current DLL and version file so the thing will run.. but SOMETHING is going on somewhere, to cause the crash. I'm guessing in the DLL... Pinning!

Please follow the instructions here regarding posting a log. a modlist would also be nice, but you needn't add repro steps. My *hunc* is you're running out of ram, but the log will tell.

Thanks for popping by. I took a clean install and just put the RSS folder from the first page (the clean one - and not the BoulderCo or RemoteTech/2 folders) into the gamedata folder. Added a new copy of Module Manager. Copied over the RSS version file and the RSS DLL. Game gets as far as loading Moho before seizing up.

The Output_log.txt is small and you can find it on pastebin here: http://pastebin.com/DkBLUFDe

It seems to me that this version of RSS needs someone to work on it. I hope it happens as I love the idea of playing in a realistic Kerbal universe! :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.