0.25 Discussion thread

EnderSpace

From the 0.25 Waiting Room thread OP, I find this a bit disheartening:

From that I infer that not all parts of Spaceplane Plus are being integrated, and I see no mention of the Mk3 parts that were teased. The Mk3 I'm not all that concerned about, but I was hoping for all the SP+ parts to make it in.

If you're basing this off the phrase "see what the non-integrated parts look like" I believe what he's saying is that you can view the SP+ version of the parts, before their redesign to fit stock. For example, they haven't released an image of the redesigned spaceplane docking port, but if you want to get an idea of it, you can view the SP+ version.

If you're basing this off the phrase "see what the non-integrated parts look like" I believe what he's saying is that you can view the SP+ version of the parts, before their redesign to fit stock. For example, they haven't released an image of the redesigned spaceplane docking port, but if you want to get an idea of it, you can view the SP+ version.

I was more concerned about the phrase "Part of an add-on called SpacePlane+, they have been tweaked to fit the game style even better and will be integrated into 0.25." (emphasis mine). I'd figured the whole suite of parts was coming, possibly minus the cargo bays as that was hinted at. But "part of" makes it sound like only a subset of the SP+ part list is coming. Again though, I'm probably reading too much into this, it's a little promotional blurb rather than some legal contract. :)

I think they originally just said some parts because they weren't sure the cargo bay would make it. Now it seems everything made it. At least I hope so.
I was more concerned about the phrase "Part of an add-on called SpacePlane+, they have been tweaked to fit the game style even better and will be integrated into 0.25." (emphasis mine). I'd figured the whole suite of parts was coming, possibly minus the cargo bays as that was hinted at. But "part of" makes it sound like only a subset of the SP+ part list is coming. Again though, I'm probably reading too much into this, it's a little promotional blurb rather than some legal contract. k_smiley.gif

I'm not sure all the IVA's will make it because they were specifically designed for use with RPM.

They're gorgeous even without RPM. Seems like a crazy decision to throw away something that good.

I think there was some mention somewhere about making an effort to get the IVAs to line up with the exteriors... can't remember where I saw it though. If that's the case, we may be getting a pretty complete conversion of SP+.

I think there was some mention somewhere about making an effort to get the IVAs to line up with the exteriors... can't remember where I saw it though. If that's the case, we may be getting a pretty complete conversion of SP+.

I remember someone saying (PorkJet?) about the IVAs. He said some other person helped him with transfering them from old to the new models. I think it was in some devnote, don't remember which one, tho.

BTW guys, you know if anyone reported a bug with the Klaw causing enormous frame rate drops?

I don't have the account on bugtracker thing, nor even know where it is.

I recall someone posting a topic about that though can't find it now and don't know how it ended.

(yesterday I build spacecraft with 5 Advanced Grabbing Units - all the sudden got 12 FPS even though my ship was just 4 boosters, core, docking port and said Klaws with probodynes mounted on separatrons).

Cupola mass being reduced to 1.8t, finally!

https://twitter.com/Maxmaps/status/512289952990625792

Wow. My Horrible Nerf reduced it to 2.5 tons... they're trying to one-up me! >.<

I'm glad to hear some of the numbers are being massaged a bit though. There's a lot of derp in the part numbers, either directly from derp, or from something that was sensible ten releases ago that's been superseded since.

(I submit for your evaluation that winglets cost almost as much as a T30, or four 1kn RCS quads cost twice as much)

BTW guys, you know if anyone reported a bug with the Klaw causing enormous frame rate drops?

I don't have the account on bugtracker thing, nor even know where it is.

I recall someone posting a topic about that though can't find it now and don't know how it ended.

(yesterday I build spacecraft with 5 Advanced Grabbing Units - all the sudden got 12 FPS even though my ship was just 4 boosters, core, docking port and said Klaws with probodynes mounted on separatrons).

The trick is to arm and disarm them after the ship loads. Thread about it here.

Hmmm.... Kerbal training? Complete with a death course to increase bravery/award the badass flag to kerbal's personnel files?

I think I have it!

Space Tourists, who are uncontrolled and can ride on your flights and do random things! You can get them occasionally in contracts, but going through the secret feature allows you to pick them up at will for lots of money!

Edited by CptRichardson

Any chance of adding some of the craft from the stock craft repository to the stock game?

Be nice to see some of the craft people have built be shared among more people, plus more craft in the stock line up, it is pretty slim pickings in there and i know some people love going through designs and seeing how they work to gather ideas for their own.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/76858-The-Stock-Craft-Repository-%28v0-24-2%29

Any chance of adding some of the craft from the stock craft repository to the stock game?

Be nice to see some of the craft people have built be shared among more people, plus more craft in the stock line up, it is pretty slim pickings in there and i know some people love going through designs and seeing how they work to gather ideas for their own.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/76858-The-Stock-Craft-Repository-%28v0-24-2%29

Seen this? Early days, but promising and developing fast.

http://kerbalx.com

I don't think , they already finish 0.25 , but don't be sad I'm sure one day it will be added , maybe 0.26 :D