0.25 Discussion thread

EnderSpace

You're right !

People then what ? Complaint because the scene change take 10 s more just because of one single more building ? Because KSP use now 100 MB more memory (or even more) ? Because the game will run 5 FPS lower than before ?

Especially does a single building which we don't now nothing about except its name will really matter ? :huh:

It's juts to bad there is more things and not less, it would be great to have a lower LOD for KSC buildings (what's the point of having ultra detailed scene you don't even look at when launching you're crazy 5000 parts rocket ?)

Ok, honestly that's an overreaction.

I would like to see them spend more effort on memory optimisation as the 64bit version isnt there yet and move of dx9c and use opengl or later version of directx

If the building is reusing the same textures that the existing KSC buildings use, there will be no memory footprint from it.

This isn't about attacking Squad, or trying to get perfection, or whatever.

This is about simple suggestions from a master...who happened to make the other buildings at KSC.

That is very much true, I apologize for my comment.

So, yeah. Post those wild ideas that've been swirling around in your head for a while! Keep your hype in check though people, it's too early for that. (Mods, no...)

CONFIRMED

SpacePlane+ Merging with Stock

Complete revamp of spaceplane parts

New line of parts to replace Mk3 line

Career expansion - Administration building

Updated navball

SPECULATION

Crew transfer between parts

New contract parts

Kerbal tracking system (tracks places Kerbals have been to)

Edited by FCISuperGuy
Added speculation section

We've see a new spacesuit for the cinematics that might also get into the game.

I also hope that they will finally make a better aerodynamics model. The current stock aerodynamics is terrible and really needs a replacement.

Yeah, at least they said in the devnotes that they're working on that.

so it is not confirmed, I would add it to a "Speculation" list. I may be wrong, but didn't they also want to change the contracts? New contract types or something like that?

Yeah I really hope they add new contracts. Satellite launches, colonize moon/planet with X number of guys, take sample from asteroid, orbit station around X with X number of guys and a science lab, etcetera

It's fine to do these things for fun, but in career mode they can be expensive.

Also, I think they are adding a "memory" system so the game will track what Kerbals have been to what places. I think part of this system is your reputation will be more heavily damaged if a "famous" Kerbal gets killed.

Edited by timsfitz

I'm also wondering if a change to the atmosphere might be coming up... It has been repeatedly said that current one is just a placeholder, so it will be done at some point, but I'm wondering if the new spaceplane parts would benefit from a newer version...

#hypeplane? what happened to #hypetrain?

Wild speculation: The administration building will give you the ability to customize Kerbal uniforms. That's the 'big secret' they aren't talking about! (heh)

I'm also wondering if a change to the atmosphere might be coming up... It has been repeatedly said that current one is just a placeholder, so it will be done at some point, but I'm wondering if the new spaceplane parts would benefit from a newer version...

The Squadcast seemed to suggest that their stance is "NEAR is neat. We're still considering aero."

From the dev notes...

Indeed, we are all working frantically towards a very large goal. This is one of the largest, if not the largest concerted effort to develop a single feature we’ve ever had.

So, "single feature". Could it be Multiplayer? Has been a while since that was started. Probably isn't, but it's a long shot.