0.25 Discussion thread

EnderSpace

I'm very skeptical about part deformations. It's not about complexity of geometry, GPUs are usually not very busy when playing KSP. But collision meshes would have to become way more complex as well - and that would mean increased load on physics engine.

Regarding "Kerbal goo", I'm not sure what to think about that. Yes, all pointers seem to lead us to conclusion that it's about Kerbal death, but I would probably also not find splattered Kerbal very amusing. It's supposed to be hilarious.

Having just read THIS I am sure its not sploding kerbals!

Quotes:

something that we believe is really cool... probably among the coolest things we've done in the game.

It's pretty big and complex in the groundwork, but the gameplay is not very complex.

It sets up everything we need to do for the giant project we're currently working on. It's the framework.

EDIT*

This guys comment pricked up my nasal hairs:

Maxmaps likes to give out one word hints in stuff like this. In his tweet prior to announcing SP+ there was the word 'plus'. In this little quote he has here is the word 'groundwork' which seems to fit into the idea that it will be craters from impact and/or deformable terrain.

Edited by Majorjim

Ok I just put a note in a box saying send a time machine to September 17, 2014 and burried it hopefully it will come in the mail soon and I will get to go into the future and find out what is the secrete feature.

But my guess is it will involve making huge mistakes to find it (maybe a kerbal talking during an explosion or something similar)

I have a feeling a lot of you will be disappointed. This mystery feature is probably not what the hype is making it out to be.

I think the same. Not really expecting any of those things I suggested, but rather trying to give away as many ideas as I can come up with, so other people can contribute to the speculation I made, thus proving something is probable or not.

Edited by Veeltch

Having just read THIS I am sure its not sploding kerbals!

Quotes:

something that we believe is really cool... probably among the coolest things we've done in the game.

It's pretty big and complex in the groundwork, but the gameplay is not very complex.

It sets up everything we need to do for the giant project we're currently working on. It's the framework.

EDIT*

This guys comment pricked up my nasal hairs:

Maxmaps likes to give out one word hints in stuff like this. In his tweet prior to announcing SP+ there was the word 'plus'. In this little quote he has here is the word 'groundwork' which seems to fit into the idea that it will be craters from impact and/or deformable terrain.

There have been other clues that have come to light since then though. For one, they added a structure next to the runway which is specifically there to "make the secret feature happen more often". Why would you need a building for impact craters?

It actually points more to the destructible buildings than the craters. But I don't think it's either of those.

There have been other clues that have come to light since then though. For one, they added a structure next to the runway which is specifically there to "make the secret feature happen more often". Why would you need a building for impact craters?

It actually points more to the destructible buildings than the craters. But I don't think it's either of those.

It might be a fuel pump, no mod has done it.

Edited by Robotengineer
added might, instead of its.

Really? Can you show a link to the devs saying that the building is needed to make it happen more often?

And what about this quote?:

Lol, this thread has gone in circles so many times. Why would a fuel pump not be used by experienced players?

- - - Updated - - -

Really? Can you show a link to the devs saying that the building is needed to make it happen more often?

Yep, last squadcast on twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/ksptv/b/567969657

It's at 28 minutes and he was referencing a question about this picture

Edited by Alshain

Maybe it's BOTH!

Lol, this thread has gone in circles so many times. Why would a fuel pump not be used by experienced players?

But you have to admit, HarvesteR would probably find pumping fuel hilarious and so would have a hard time stopping doing it over and over again. I mean, who doesn't love pumping fuel around?

But you have to admit, HarvesteR would probably find pumping fuel hilarious and so would have a hard time stopping doing it over and over again. I mean, who doesn't love pumping fuel around?

I didn't say it wouldn't be fun, I just said it doesn't fit the clues. *Pulls out pipe and hat* It's elementary my dear Horseman.

I think we need to approach the "secret feature" as scientifically as possible. That is, with nothing but speculation and hearsay. :)

LOL,

This is a headscratcher. The fact that there are no mods that do this tells me that its either very obscure or very complex.

I'm leaning towards the latter due to this comment:

Smashing things into other things is not complex but the simulation of such encounters is.

*edit, 900th post!

Edited by Majorjim
reasons!

From the 0.25 Waiting Room thread OP, I find this a bit disheartening:

New Mk.1 Space Plane Parts and the integration of SpacePlane+

[table][tr][td]Hugo worked hard to deliver new Mk.1 parts for the game while we reached an agreement with Porkjet to add his set of Mk.2 parts to the game. Part of an add-on called [thread=80796]SpacePlane+[/thread], they have been tweaked to fit the game style even better and will be integrated into 0.25. You can check out the SpacePlane+ thread to see what the non-integrated parts look like. You can also find several images of the new integrated parts that have already been showcased on Squadcast, the forum and other Squad-related channels.[/td][/tr][/table]

From that I infer that not all parts of Spaceplane Plus are being integrated, and I see no mention of the Mk3 parts that were teased. The Mk3 I'm not all that concerned about, but I was hoping for all the SP+ parts to make it in.

No news on the 'secret feature'? Maxmaps mentioned in this podcast a couple of weeks ago that Squad would talk about it during QA. Since we're in experimentals now does that mean Squad enjoys our rampant speculation and assumptions so much that they'll award us with keeping the 'secret feature' extra secret until the release of 0.25?

X-mas comes early :)now where's my Xanax?

Edited by Yakuzi

... I infer that not all parts of Spaceplane Plus are being integrated, and I see no mention of the Mk3 parts that were teased. The Mk3 I'm not all that concerned about, but I was hoping for all the SP+ parts to make it in.

I think they originally just said some parts because they weren't sure the cargo bay would make it. Now it seems everything made it. At least I hope so.