Planting flags via the persistence file

Is it possible to manually add flags to all the sites ive been to via the persistence file? I always delete completed flights in the tracking station just to keep things clean but I regret doing this as it also removes the flags. It would be nice if flags were permanent once placed and can be toggled on and off instead.

If there's nothing left at the landing site there's no way of knowing precisely where to go.

If there is stuff left, eg descent stages, then you could just hyperedit a kerbal about the place to flagplant. Though I think you'll still need to savefile edit if you want to backdate the planting.

No theres nothing there at all at the sites, I thought if the file knows where ive already been (to make sure i dont get awarded points twice) then I could add a flag at those coordinates. I guess the only option is to stop deleting things in the tracking station.

Thanks anyway.

The progress tracking section in the save file records, for various events in each SOI, just the time, vessel name, flag, and crewmembers. No exact co-ordinates unfortunately. The science system records biomes you've returned science from but again no precise locations.

One feature of map view that I found out recently is that if you mouse up to the top of the screen a little tool bar drops down to let you filter out certain types of ships (probes, bases, stations, etc.) just like in the tracking station :D This is really useful if you are trying to select a maneuver. node from a long distance. This should help you keep your flags and make the map view clean

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.