A reminder that KSP has the best community on Earth! (or Kerbin).

Mulbin

I have generally found this forum to be by far the friendliest, most enthusiastic and helpful group of people to ever spend hours talking about a computer game!

This was brought home today when, after recently joining the beta, I signed up for the Elite Dangerous forums... what an unpleasant nest of flamers and trolls, all ready to shoot the newcomer down for daring to ask questions about the game! (not all of them of course... but an alarming amount).

So, KSPers... remember you are a shining beacon of forum niceness, and hopefully one day other games will learn to follow in your footsteps!

This is great and all but we don't need another thread that will just devolve into comparing how awesome we are to other communities. A community that needs to remind itself how awesome it is compared to other communities isn't exactly nice or great.

Don't mind regex he's always ... Grumpy

I'll let him off, he made my Kerbol system bigger!

Yay niceness

Yay!

Seriously though, it is something to be proud of in a world of trolls that ksp is an island of niceness.

What about bay12 forums? I've never seen anybody insulted, and we're always helpful to newcomers.

Actually the DF forums are quite chill, easily on par with these forums. I don't have an account there but I read them quite often.

I like this place too, although I have to say I will always have the softest spot in my heart for the Skyrim modding community.

lovely bunch of peeps (not saying you guys aren't :wink:) but I was there for a looooong time and met many great people.

Oolite's another I'd better not tell you about, then... Or its forums.

Yes, oolite is great, and the forum.... which is why I was so surprised at how unfriendly the ED forum is... you'd expect the same people. I should ptobably add orbiter to the list of friendly forums.... and the arduino forums to some of the less friendly/flaming! In fact I get my arduino advice from the ksp forum as its much more help!

The moderators do a very good job At keeping the trollzors away.

Looking at the minecraft forum or any other forum they have a lot of trolls, so far I have not seen any trolls, except the ones who lurk silently and downrate threads.

This is my favorite online community, which is why I spend so much time here. :)

Lots of smart people to learn interesting stuff from, often things that aren't KSP related (looking at you, Science Forum). I'm able to help new players with the stuff I've figured out. The moderators do a great job of keeping the less desirable types away or in check (thanks, mods!). There seems to be a more intelligent and cooperative atmosphere here than in any other gaming forum.

I hope it keeps going the way it has been as it grows.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.