A reminder that KSP has the best community on Earth! (or Kerbin).

Mulbin

I've played many games and been to many forums, and I find all of them impossible to integrate into, due to the fact that nobody takes anything seriously (in the sense that they take the opportunity to insult you and put you down for incredibly minor things). I normally can handle that sort of abuse online silently, but it's very mentally exhausting and time-wasting.

In my many decades of playing games, KSP happens to be the first forum that has punched above its expected levels of maturity for a videogame forum in my experience. It's very relaxing to be able to log in and read something interesting posted without needing to shuffle through trolls and insults before I can find someone addressing the OP seriously. For that I am grateful.

Have a cookie, my fellow Kerbals!

3d-space-cutters-320x211.jpg

Don't forget that we're all apart of the "award winning" KSP community :) Seriously, go ask around and the rep of the KSP community precedes itself. You should all be proud and threads like this shouldn't be minded, as our community tends to be a bit of a breath of fresh air in comparison to the norm. Just remember to keep things on the up and up, all around. Putting down other places and other game communities is not how KSP community has gotten itself to the standing it holds today.

Still here after three years, eh?

i actually only visit the forums every few months because believe it or not, i do care about the game and would like to see it grow, but i got sick of seeing everything have a gloss over it and everyone being under the impression everything is A-OK. Many like me have tried to educate you yet the veil of Squad and niceness seems to be too thick for most of you to see through. Just my two cents on the community here.

I m told I have trouble detecting sarcasm so I have to ask : Is this thread sarcastic or not ?

it'd be nice if it was. these threads pop up every three months or so to make sure the community stays nice and in line.

Edited by OtherDalfite
i dont want to make a new post

Many like me have tried to educate you yet the veil of Squad and niceness seems to be too thick for most of you to see through. Just my two cents on the community here.

It's Squad's forum, I don't think you're going to be able to not have a "veil" of people liking Squad here. Though people are free to criticize them, and they certainly do.

Not really sure what's wrong with niceness or civility, but if you want abrasiveness or rudeness I could point out a few people here you'd like. Thankfully they're in the minority though.

I've been on "teh interwebs" long enough (almost 20 years, good grief!) to understand that the best forums need to have a really tight and alert teams of moderators keeping things on track, and I do appreciate the dedication needed to maintain civility and good manners, they help you to voice your opinion if you follow the rules.

Is everybody going to be okay with that? No, of course not, not everybody is ready to comply with rules and standards. But SQUAD opened this space for us to use and they have all the right to moderate the content. Follow the rules, don´t be a ...., and your voice will be heard.

This is great and all but we don't need another thread that will just devolve into comparing how awesome we are to other communities. A community that needs to remind itself how awesome it is compared to other communities isn't exactly nice or great.

I don't understand the negative reaction everyone is having to this post. It's a perfectly valid point, worded with no hostility (or "flames") at all, and yet everyone is acting like regex is terrible for stating the truth. We don't need these threads. What more can be said other than what is stated in the first post?

Maybe we don't need this thread. We don't need a lot of threads, but somebody wanted to say something nice about his fellow forum members. And if these threads annoy you, why not just skip to the next thread? No one's forcing anybody to read this one. Where's the harm? :D

Well, for one, the KSP community getting a reputation for being full of itself...

But that's just me, I suppose.

I'm glad we're full of ourselves. If we were full of other people than ourselves that would be uncomfortable... or worse! What if we were filled with Skunks! Or moldy bagels.... or Kraken Sushi!

*Continues spiking the koolaid*

We don't need these threads.

If a bit of a pat on the back can bring some positivity to light, at least for a bit, the sentiment is welcomed. As always, though, everything in moderation. It's been a bit since a thread like this popped up. If there were new "we rock" threads every day, that'd be another story. As it is, no one is harming anyone and OP isn't trying to be negative, so leave it be.

Well, for one, the KSP community getting a reputation for being full of itself...

But that's just me, I suppose.

I can see where you're coming from. It's the old adage of too much of a good thing. You don't want to let things go too far, lest that line be crossed between humility and pompousness. As it is, though, the type of game KSP is, leaves the opportunity for a lot of congratulating. Combine that with the overall helpfulness, intelligence and general positivity and well, there's a lot to be happy about. The community should be proud of itself for being awesome and not be afraid to show it - just don't let it go overboard. Right now, not overboard ;)

Well I feel this game and community is worth bragging about :wink:. Just look at my sig xD. Thank you to all who has made it so awesome. Yeah, I'm looking at you Rowsdower and Vanamonde and all you other mods :).

Oh and @rowsdower, can you tell me if Hugos revamped the mk2 pod and cockpits (IVA that is)? I love what he did with the mk3 (.3?) and I hope he's done more. I miss him already...

Edited by Avera9eJoe

When I came here, I started a company thread. Within 2 minutes, the head of one of the larger companies asked if I needed help.

Yes, there are trolls on this forum, and there have been arguments, the Rocket Builders being the most recent case. But afterwards, things calm down quickly. Enemies the day before collaborate on the next. I have never seen anything like it.

People can and DO criticize SQUAD. There are many threads on the OPness of the 23.5 parts.

I'm not saying we're better than others, but this forum is IMO generally nicer than some other communities.

I don't think it's because of intelligence or brainwashing. KSP attracts very similar people. There are just a lot of people here that love science and KSP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.